Autism has gone up again in the last year... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter
 
Robyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HUMMM, could it be because the flu shot was added to the mandate list a year and a half ago?, Or that they just started to combine 5 in 1 shots, Could it be that kids as old as 13 are being diagnosed on the spectrum now because they are requiring booster shots every few years? Could it be because they replace thimersol with 9 times the safe limit for a child?, Or could it be because there is still mercury in the shots and along with aluminum because it's hard to filter out mercury in the final stages?


http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...NGH2B60I41.DTL

Scientists baffled as autism cases soar in state, with no relief in sight
Treatment centers, schools inundated by kids needing help
Katherine Seligman, Chronicle Staff Writer

Friday, February 4, 2005




California's mysterious explosion of autism cases worsened in 2004, disappointing researchers who had hoped the number of new diagnoses would level off as they searched for an explanation for the neurological disorder.

The number of people treated for autism at regional centers operated by the state Department of Developmental Services increased 13 percent last year from 2003, according to agency figures.

Autism now accounts for a little more than half of the new cases handled at the centers, which treat a variety of developmental problems. An average of nine new autism cases a day come to the state's attention, the vast majority in children 13 and younger.

Scientists have various theories, but there is little agreement about what is driving the growth of autism cases in California. The number of autistic people getting services at the centers has increased from 5,000 in 1993 to more than 26,000 now.

"I'm really worried," said Jim Burton, head of the state-funded Regional Center for the East Bay, which provides treatment referrals and services for people with autism. "The burden is huge, and it's going to strain all our resources."

His center has 1,600 clients with autism and is "short across the board" on services for them, Burton said. Treatment programs have long waiting lists, he said.

In San Francisco, schools have been so inundated with new cases that the school district has three specialists to deal with the autism curriculum -- two years ago, there was one -- and classes for autistic students from kindergarten to high school. The district has provided special training in autism for at least 50 speech therapists and teachers this year.

"I was expecting (the numbers) to level off," said Ron Huff, a psychologist with the Department of Developmental Services who has been analyzing the numbers. "I don't see any of it diminishing."

Autism, a disorder characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming social relationships, was not widely recognized by the public until the 1990s. Autistic children can have trouble picking up emotional cues or interpreting facial expressions. Some develop obsessive interests or make repetitive movements such as rocking back and forth or flapping their arms. Parents often report that their autistic children seemed normal at birth but then regressed, losing speech and social skills.

The statewide increase does not include other disorders related to autism, such Asperger's syndrome, sometimes called "little professor syndrome" because some children with it appear brilliantly accomplished in a single discipline or area, such as playing virtuoso piano or reciting a book from memory.

California, with its exploding number of autism cases, is not alone. The federal Department of Education reported 1,700 percent more schoolchildren with autism nationally in 2002 than in 1992.

Because it draws its numbers from centers that treat and refer new cases, California often is used as an indicator of the nationwide trend.

Robert Byrd, a pediatric epidemiologist at UC Davis who was the lead investigator in a study of a 10-year increase in autism cases in California through 1998, said researchers have looked into several theories to explain the increase. They include the possibility that the rising autism numbers were caused by improved and earlier diagnoses, or by childhood vaccines or other environmental causes.

Most researchers believe genetics play a role, but they aren't sure what spurs the disorder. None of the other theories has been proved or ruled out.

"There is no one answer that says we can explain what we're seeing," Byrd said. "We're still looking at these numbers with lots of questions."

If vaccines played a role, said Byrd, scientists would have seen a decline or leveling off in cases after a suspect preservative containing mercury was removed from childhood immunizations. No such decrease was noted.

The state has used new, stricter criteria since 2003 for diagnosing autism, but that also has not made a difference. The number of new cases of mental retardation and cerebral palsy -- which also are diagnosed using new criteria -- fell since 2003.

Byrd and others say a greater awareness of autism may account for some of the increase. Parents, pediatricians and schools now recognize the symptoms earlier and refer children for treatment. But that doesn't completely explain the increase, they believe.

"Some people who were skeptical of the original Department of Developmental Services report (looking at the 10-year increase) now believe this is a serious public health policy concern, that the increases are legitimate beyond just better diagnosis," Huff said.

While epidemiologists continue to look for clues, parents whose children have autism try to manage the day-to-day challenges.

Kimberly Garrison, a member of a San Francisco school district autism task force, said she has yet to find the right classroom situation for her autistic sixth-grade son this year. He is frustrated in a special autism class where most of his classmates have trouble communicating verbally, Garrison said.

There is no classroom for children like him, who function at a higher level but have autistic-related behavior problems that keep them out of mainstream classes.

"There are all these kids out there," Garrison said, "and the money is shrinking, shrinking, shrinking."



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Puzzling disorder
Autism usually strikes children 13 and younger.

The characteristics:

Trouble reading social cues.

Difficulty making eye contact or forming relationships.

Repetitive behavior such as rocking or flapping arms.
Robyn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 05:52 PM
 
Flagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Proud Bush Supporter
Posts: 906
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
From your link

Quote:
If vaccines played a role, said Byrd, scientists would have seen a decline or leveling off in cases after a suspect preservative containing mercury was removed from childhood immunizations. No such decrease was noted.
Mercury poisoning is far different than autism. The symptoms of mercury poisoning have never been found in autistic children. Guess those "evil" vaccines weren't the cause after all.
Flagger is offline  
#3 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 06:04 PM
 
Momtezuma Tuatara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagger
From your link



Mercury poisoning is far different than autism. The symptoms of mercury poisoning have never been found in autistic children.
Pardon?

I see you have not talked to Professor Boyd Haley, and a whole heap of other scientists on this issue.

Perhaps also, you should read here:

http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/elett...83/112-d#95402

Quote:
Guess those "evil" vaccines weren't the cause after all.
Were you being sarcastic, or ironic?

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

Momtezuma Tuatara is offline  
#4 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 06:19 PM
 
gottaknit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,776
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: Ohhhh.... this oughtta be good...
gottaknit is offline  
#5 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter
 
Robyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagger
From your link



Mercury poisoning is far different than autism. The symptoms of mercury poisoning have never been found in autistic children. Guess those "evil" vaccines weren't the cause after all.
Obviously you don't know ANYTHING about autism. As a mom of an mercury poisoned child (aka autism), I am chelating him and mercury is comming out in bits. Mecury poisoning and autism ARE THE EXACT SAME SYMTOMS!!!!
Robyn is offline  
#6 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 06:27 PM
 
Momtezuma Tuatara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaknit
: Ohhhh.... this oughtta be good...
I looked very hard...

Couldn't find the emoticon for rolling up my sleeves....

:

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

Momtezuma Tuatara is offline  
#7 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 07:09 PM
 
mommytolittlelilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would not discount the link betw mercury and autism, but it seems to me that there are also a lot of other toxins in our environment (a toxic "soup") to be considered. Flame retardants (banned in EU in '98 I think after shown to enter BM and also cause a variety of disorders in children), lawn chemicals and other herbicides, pesticides on our food (anyone wonder how organic the organic food you buy at the store is?), household cleaning products, non-stick cookware, I mean the sky's the limit with all of the junk that's out there.

Actually, it would probably make a good forum for this site: environmental concerns.
mommytolittlelilly is offline  
#8 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 07:12 PM
 
CallMeIshmael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Deep Gray
Posts: 324
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just to weigh in on this, even though y'all are doing fine on your own:

Mercury may play a role in autism, but it's very unlikely to be the sole cause. There's some overlap in the symptoms, but it's not complete -- mercury toxicity classically causes (in addition to neuropsychiatric problems) intention tremors, excessive salivation, kidney problems, and can result in a very characteristic rash in small children. Do a google search for something called "pink disease" -- you'll discover that mercury toxicty has been around for awhile!

Moreover, vaccinations are not the sole source of mercury exposure: what about fillings? How about fish? Wouldn't you expect to see high levels of autism in cultures that consume large amounts of mercury-laced fish? Yet you don't.

I agree that there's an epidemic going on, but I don't think we've found the reason for it yet.
CallMeIshmael is offline  
#9 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 07:22 PM
 
Flagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Proud Bush Supporter
Posts: 906
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn
Obviously you don't know ANYTHING about autism. As a mom of an mercury poisoned child (aka autism), I am chelating him and mercury is comming out in bits. Mecury poisoning and autism ARE THE EXACT SAME SYMTOMS!!!!
Actually signs of Mercury poisoning are:

impaired kidney function and skin problems which are not found in children with autism.

Autism and mecury poisoning are VERY different disorders.

As the link you have posted states vaccines are not the cause of autism otherwise the rates would have decreased since 1999, but in fact they have skyrocketed.
Flagger is offline  
#10 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter
 
Robyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I'm living with the disorder so I know my facts and I am not going to waste my time any further but out of couriosity, are you in the health care field, work for a drug company or just like getting into debates on topics you really know nothing about?
Robyn is offline  
#11 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 07:33 PM
 
Flagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Proud Bush Supporter
Posts: 906
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know my facts and have done my research as well from respected scientists. I was merely responding to your link which included the statement about vaccines which you chose to cast apparent blame on when the article blasted your theory out of the water.
Flagger is offline  
#12 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 08:02 PM
 
leavesarebrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for posting the bmj journals discussion link. I need to catch up on this discussion before throwing in my 2 cents, but as background, my son had adverse reactions to vaxes and now is exhibiting autistic spectrum behaviors.
leavesarebrown is offline  
#13 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 08:12 PM
 
azmusiclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Also living with 1 child with the disorder, one showing signs and a husband with Asperger's and I do hate to be the bubble burster for you, but if vaccines have been "mercury-free" since 1999 why is HB4169 on the floor of congress then? written by congressmen,one who happens to be a medical doctor, requiring that all vaccines meet the recommendations of the the AAP in 1999 that asked for all mercury to be out of vaccines. Yet, the flu vaccine and some others, even ones that claim to be mercury free still have mercury in them!

My son's vaccines were a trigger point for him to develop autism and I know it has done the same in other children. Not all autism, but many kids I know.

Just had to share that, and I know about the bill because I lobbied in DC in support of it last year.
azmusiclover is offline  
#14 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 09:57 PM
 
Momtezuma Tuatara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagger
I know my facts and have done my research as well from respected scientists. I was merely responding to your link which included the statement about vaccines which you chose to cast apparent blame on when the article blasted your theory out of the water.
Anyone who bases their stand solely on the word of currently pupblished pharmaceutically funded "respected" scientists, will always be pro-vaccine.

After all, the "previously" respectable scientists, who dared to tell the truth, were rapidly "discreditted" and deemed "unrespectable", so you can't listen to them, can you.

It always amuses me, however, when the rabid pro-vaccinators of this world, suddenly get vaccine damaged children.

Some turn right around, and are aghast at how blind they were.

Others, however, see it as just another right, to "use" another person for what they can "get" out of yet another system.

One of the reasons I got out of successfully fighting vaccine damage cases (pro-bono, by the way) was that there was a very small subset of parents who believed that I owed them a "living". And certainly shouldn't expect a "life" of my own, while on their case.

You can tell them by their verbal limp.

In the end, though, there are never any so blind as those determined to see nothing, no matter what.

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

Momtezuma Tuatara is offline  
#15 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 10:06 PM
 
Flagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Proud Bush Supporter
Posts: 906
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtezuma Tuatara
Anyone who bases their stand solely on the word currently pharmaceutically funded "respected" scientists, will always be pro-vaccine.

You can tell them by their verbal limp.

In the end, though, there are never any so blind as those determined to see nothing, no matter what.
Could you BE more insulting? My pro-vaccination stance is not because of pharmaceutically funded scientists, but based on research done around the world. There has not been one respected study to date that links autism to vaccines. And again, if there was one magic bullet, autism should be on the decline instead of skyrocketing in countries where that so called magic bullet has been pulled from recommended childhood vaccines.

When faced with the facts, those who are so determined desparately to find a cause for the damaged children refuse to believe such facts as they have made up their minds.

I have stated before my pro-vaccines reasons and do not need to repeat them here.
Flagger is offline  
#16 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 10:08 PM
 
leavesarebrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Momtezuma--can you explain this more? I don't understand what you're saying. Especially the last sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtezuma Tuatara
One of the reasons I got out of successfully fighting vaccine damage cases (pro-bono, by the way) was that there was a very small subset of parents who believed that I owed them a "living". And certainly shouldn't expect a "life" of my own, while on their case.

You can tell them by their verbal limp.
leavesarebrown is offline  
#17 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 10:13 PM
 
polka123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: in criminally lenient, corrupt PA & *missing AZ *
Posts: 7,794
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
now, now............. we all have to start somewhere with our posts, right?
We all had 20 posts @ 1 time.........
hey, there are many Bush supporters that are ''down" with all the MDC stuff - please there are too many other threads that bash W fans & that's not really fair.

What is needed from the Flagger not the OP is to really look @ both sides with an open mind .

None of either sides theories can be "blasted out if the water" BUT those of us that know or have a vax-damaged children .......well, that's the TRUMP card, that takes all, final.
I personally know 3 kids that were perfectly normal until their MMR. I've seen it up close & personal.
If the OP wants to believe all the propanda from the CDC/pharma co..... well that's fine but OP.......... do remember "safe" DES for PG women & phen/fen & recently, vioxx

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
polka123 is offline  
#18 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 10:22 PM
 
Momtezuma Tuatara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have helped fight vaccine damage cases all over the world. My job was mainly to take all the medical literature, and the child's case files, (every medical file in existence) and go through everything with a toothcomb.

These cases take a HUGE, and I mean HUGE amount of my time. Given that I do it pro-bono, I do expect at least some privacy, respect and life, from the parents of those children.

Most are so grateful I am on the case, and they are wonderful.

However, some are just plain awful. They ring at all hours of the night, expecting you to answer all their questions when they want answers. They want your report yesterday, and far from thanking you for any efforts you make on their behalf, are more likely to complain that in their opinion, the pay out wasn't high enough.

The worst, are always the husbands. The wives somehow, seem to be more in touch with their instincts, and feel inside what the intellect of their husband won't allow them to feel.

The really interesting thing is these people still support the vaccine system, see their child as "necessary collateral damage" (for the good of the public of course ) and still look down their nose at the person (me) doing their case for not vaccinating their own children.

I guess the last straw for me, was having succeeded in one case, the family went away, and two years later, when their third child was also vaccine damaged, (their second child to have damage that is...) came back and expected me to do that case again, for nothing.

I had been polite to them the first time, in spite of their attitudes ... much though it stuck in my craw, but I'm afraid I exploded the second time, told them where they could stick their brains, and said that if they were stupid enough to be responsible for the same result a second time, they could fight their own battles, in their own time. You should have heard the whining. The law firm was none too happy either.

By "verbal limp", I mean that they "fall" over themselves all the time, but they don't realise it. They can't see that the statements they make to me, and the arrogance in which they say them, just shows me that they haven't really researched everything. All they've done is to sit at the verbal feel of Dr Offit.

Part of me is highly amused watching these people. The other part of me is sickened to the core, since they make up a huge proportion of the average parenthood. And they are so judgemental of people who don't vaccinate, as if unvaccinated kids are about to unleash some sort of virulent new strain of immunable disease onto their supposedly protected offspring.

There is little hope for a civilisation whose ideas are so cast in concrete, that they exist in a sabre-toothed tiger type curriculum.

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

Momtezuma Tuatara is offline  
#19 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 10:32 PM
 
Momtezuma Tuatara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The point is polka, that the OP is right there in the issue. Flagger however, has no intention of doing other than throwing sarcastic scorn on the OP.

Watching doctors weasel their way out of arguments at the BMJ site, is much more insightful and educational. Which is why I do most of my reading there, not here.

I only came here today, because both arms were severely twisted.

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

Momtezuma Tuatara is offline  
#20 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 10:42 PM
 
polka123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: in criminally lenient, corrupt PA & *missing AZ *
Posts: 7,794
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtezuma Tuatara
The point is polka, that the OP is right there in the issue. Flagger however, has no intention of doing other than throwing sarcastic scorn on the OP.

Watching doctors weasel their way out of arguments at the BMJ site, is much more insightful and educational. Which is why I do most of my reading there, not here.

I only came here today, because both arms were severely twisted.
well, yea, I agree. I know it & have had shady Dr's in the past.

You gotta look @ both side with open eyes.
now I'm alot older that most here on MDC & when I was in school - hardly NO ONE had asthma, ADD, & autism was unheard of .
I have a DD in her 20's (fully vax'd cuz I did not know any better) & her old vax schedule has her getting 1/3-1/2 LESS the vaxs they want our toddler DS to have.
that's crazy.
My Generation has tons of auto-immune disorders, migraines are rampant, early alzheimers, etc................ all are unexplainable.
then again, all of us were exposed to countless poisons (we used everyday) until the Gov't said they were dangerous.
We were vax'd with crap .
We do NOT vax DS -
wait til all these kids getting massively vax'd get my age & older................. I wonder what illness trends will pop up?

I did not mean the OP, I meant Flaggers comments.
No offense Flagger but I repectfully disagree with you.

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
polka123 is offline  
#21 of 33 Old 02-04-2005, 10:54 PM
 
beanma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: with the dustbunnies & sugar beans
Posts: 8,097
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
have y'all seen the recent report on autism and mercury from the environmental working group? it's at www.ewg.org/reports/autism/ . i've posted the link elsewhere on the boards. i thought it was a really good look at the mercury in vaxes and autism and also other environmental factors, and specifically the lack of glutathione in autistic kids. definitely worth a read if you're interested in this subject.

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!
 
"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
beanma is offline  
#22 of 33 Old 02-05-2005, 12:19 AM
 
Flagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Proud Bush Supporter
Posts: 906
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtezuma Tuatara
The point is polka, that the OP is right there in the issue. Flagger however, has no intention of doing other than throwing sarcastic scorn on the OP.
There was no sarcasm nor no scorn on the original poster. The LINK that the OP started this thread with stated Autism was on the rise. Included within this LINK was that statement which I happen to agree with linking vaccines to autism and the statement that there SHOULD be a decrease in autism cases and not a rise. It is not just in California either. Autism cases around the world have skyrocketed even though there has been removal of one suspect chemical.

Nowhere have I stated that vaccines have not damaged children and I have certainly not in this thread put down non-vaxing parents. Please do not put words in my posts.
Flagger is offline  
#23 of 33 Old 02-05-2005, 12:35 AM
 
azmusiclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The one chemical has NOT been removed though. It hasn't. Re-read the thread with my post.

I do know of friends here who have requested a vial of the "mercury free" shots, taken it to have it analysed by a lab and it was found to still contain mercury. Plus the flu shots still contain mercury. And, the other countries around the world are still getting the old lots with the preservatives still in, after all, they are "safe" so why destroy them?

Read through HR4169. Pretty amazing stuff.
azmusiclover is offline  
#24 of 33 Old 02-05-2005, 12:48 AM
 
Flagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Proud Bush Supporter
Posts: 906
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have read your prior post and happen to disagree with you. In spite of what you claim, there has never been one link between mercury and autism. Re-read my original post thank you. There is one huge difference between mercury poisoning and autism which I already stated in this thread.
Quote:
I do know of friends here who have requested a vial of the "mercury free" shots, taken it to have it analysed by a lab and it was found to still contain mercury.
Please state the name of your friends, the doctor, the lot number, the manufacturer of this vial and the lab that found mercury in a vial labeled "mercury free". Please state the date of analysis and calibration of equipment. I am sure this would have been worldwide news. The press NEEDS to know about this analysis.
Flagger is offline  
#25 of 33 Old 02-05-2005, 12:54 AM
 
applejuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: hunting the wild aebelskiever
Posts: 18,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I am fifty years old, and I never heard of autism until I was in college in my second year psychology class in 1973. Honest.

We were studying rare personality disorders. The symptoms described were inability to deal with reality and a very strange view of reality. One of the case histories was about a child who thought he was a robot, and literally thought he needed to be plugged in to live. The child could not talk, and walked around humming like a machine instead. Granted, this is an extreme case, but now autism is all over. I teach in a private religious school wherein my classes have been less than forty students a year, and every year, I have had at least three high ability autistic students.

Where is this coming from.

We need to look at what we have been doing in the last thiry years to our children.
One of those things is adding more and more vaccines to the schedule.

Incidentally there is no such thing as a mercury free vaccine. Mercury is the preservative of choice for the manufacture of vaccines...mercury-free is simply less mercury.

Mercury is also in pitocin which is used to augment labor contractions and in the preservation of rhogam, a vaccine given to pregnant women. Mercury is a preservative in many drugs.

Plenty of opportunities to acquire mercury poisoning without knowing it.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
applejuice is offline  
#26 of 33 Old 02-05-2005, 02:20 AM
 
Momtezuma Tuatara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Flagger .... since you are trying to persuade everyone how sincere you are, and expect extensive accountability from anyone here who disagress with you, how about giving your sources for this:

Quote:
Mercury poisoning is far different than autism.
and all your sources for this:

Quote:
The symptoms of mercury poisoning have never been found in autistic children.
And explain how this was not every possibly intended to be read as dripping sarcasm:

Quote:
Guess those "evil" vaccines weren't the cause after all.
The very use of such terminology is a deliberate put down on any parent here who doesn't vaccinate, because by implication, you are painting everyone with the same brush.

Apart from that, your post #21 is misdirected.

In talking about the parents I deal with, if you chose to extrapolate what I said and take it on to yourself, feel free.

I don't give a toss about what anyone thinks about what I think. The sun rose this morning, and I know it. So why would you care? You know what you believe, and say you are secure in that.

And why be offended that I find some other parents offensive. Fact is, they are.

Quote:
When faced with the facts,...
If the facts were indisputable, there would be no argument, but the facts according to your rendition, are highly actually disputable, though you won't see that...

Quote:
those who are so determined desparately to find a cause for the damaged children refuse to believe such facts
What about legal cases where vaccine damaage is proven in the face of both specialist and manufacturer denial? I suppose you think that's some evil machiavellian plot designed by evil people like me, to twist people's minds, into thinking that vaccines are "evil"??? Hhmmm??? .....

Quote:
as they have made up their minds.
as have you.

Touche.

Reality is you are provaccine.

So....

What's your problem?

Why do you have a gripe about those who are not?

Why poke sarcasm at Robyn, who happens to disagree with you?

Quote:
I have stated before my pro-vaccines reasons and do not need to repeat them here.
But you do and are. And expect such ridiculous things as this, from others:

Quote:
demanded by flagger

Please state the name of your friends, the doctor, the lot number, the manufacturer of this vial and the lab that found mercury in a vial labeled "mercury free". Please state the date of analysis and calibration of equipment. I am sure this would have been worldwide news. The press NEEDS to know about this analysis.

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

Momtezuma Tuatara is offline  
#27 of 33 Old 02-05-2005, 02:50 AM
 
Flagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Proud Bush Supporter
Posts: 906
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn
Ok, instead of making fun of closed minded people who only listen to what they read in the news that usually discloses the truth, lets educate them.....here is some facts http://www.vaccinationnews.com/Scand...n_symptoms.htm
Sigh, stated by the disclaimer in your own link:

Quote:
[b]ALL INFORMATION, DATA, AND MATERIAL CONTAINED, PRESENTED, OR PROVIDED HERE IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS REFLECTING THE KNOWLEDGE OR OPINIONS OF THE PUBLISHER, AND IS NOT TO BE CONSTRUED OR INTENDED AS PROVIDING MEDICAL OR LEGAL ADVICE. THE DECISION WHETHER OR NOT TO VACCINATE IS AN IMPORTANT AND COMPLEX ISSUE AND SHOULD BE MADE BY YOU, AND YOU ALONE, IN CONSULTATION WITH YOUR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER.
Flagger is offline  
#28 of 33 Old 05-01-2005, 04:06 AM
 
dingogirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Oztralia
Posts: 1,739
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Symptoms of Mercury Poisoning
By the Environmental Protection Agency

* Impairment of the peripheral vision
* Disturbances in sensations ("pins and needles" feelings, numbness) usually in the hands feet and sometimes around the mouth
* Lack of coordination of movements, such as writing
* Impairment of speech, hearing, walking;
* Muscle weakness
* Skin rashes
* Mood swing
* Memory loss
* Mental disturbance
Sounds a lot like aspergers/autism to me.
______________
Fact # 17 The U.S. Government and state governments require ALL children to have 21 mandated vaccines before being admitted to schools. Most of these vaccines contained the Thimerosal / Mercury up to the year 2001. The current flu vaccine still contains thimerosal.

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2004/9/emw156196.htm
dingogirl is offline  
#29 of 33 Old 05-01-2005, 09:59 AM
 
Aline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mexico
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1: Int J Toxicol. 2004 Nov-Dec;23(6):369-76.Related Articles, Links

Neurodevelopmental disorders following thimerosal-containing childhood immunizations: a follow-up analysis.

Geier D, Geier MR.

MedCon, Inc., Maryland, USA.

The authors previously published the first epidemiological study from the United States associating thimerosal from childhood vaccines with neurodevelopmental disorders (NDs) based upon assessment of the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). A number of years have gone by since their previous analysis of the VAERS. The present study was undertaken to determine whether the previously observed effect between thimerosal-containing childhood vaccines and NDs are still apparent in the VAERS as children have had a chance to further mature and potentially be diagnosed with additional NDs. In the present study, a cohort of children receiving thimerosal-containing diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis (DTaP) vaccines in comparison to a cohort of children receiving thimerosal-free DTaP vaccines administered from 1997 through 2000 based upon an assessment of adverse events reported to the VAERS were evaluated. It was determined that there were significantly increased odds ratios (ORs) for autism (OR = 1.8, p < .05), mental retardation (OR = 2.6, p < .002), speech disorder (OR = 2.1, p < .02), personality disorders (OR = 2.6, p < .01), and thinking abnormality (OR = 8.2, p < .01) adverse events reported to the VAERS following thimerosal-containing DTaP vaccines in comparison to thimerosal-free DTaP vaccines. Potential confounders and reporting biases were found to be minimal in this assessment of the VAERS. It was observed, even though the media has reported a potential association between autism and thimerosal exposure, that the other NDs analyzed in this assessment of the VAERS had significantly higher ORs than autism following thimerosal-containing DTaP vaccines in comparison to thimerosal-free DTaP vaccines. The present study provides additional epidemiological evidence supporting previous epidemiological, clinical and experimental evidence that administration of thimerosal-containing vaccines in the United States resulted in a significant number of children developing NDs.

PMID: 15764492 [PubMed - in process]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q..._uids=15764492
Aline is offline  
#30 of 33 Old 05-01-2005, 12:52 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,669
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Autism and related disorders are a CASH COW for anyone dealing with children.Everyone ofcourse except the parents. No one(allopathic) will search for a cure as long as they can make money of off just controlling the symptoms. I am always so happy when I read of children recovering from this disorder(usually through alternative therapies).When I started researching vaccines in 1999 the autism rate in a pamphlet listed it at 1 in 500,and now it is 1 in 150.
mattemma04 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off