Blood--the difference between autistic and non-autistic children - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 05-05-2005, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
today on my drive home I heard this report about a new study released where the reseachers took blood samples of autistic children...and non autistic children.

there was a difference in their blood. Something like 100 protein strands were different.

mind you I was driving, it was raining and the traffic was tricky...so, I can't give you more details..

but here is the link...if you want to listen..

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=4632448

I wonder if vaxes could be a contributor to the change in protein...I'm not a doctor. I don't even play one on TV ..but it does make me wonder...???

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 05-06-2005, 05:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I was coming here to post a link to this as well! Here's mine then

http://society.guardian.co.uk/health...477662,00.html
#3 of 14 Old 05-06-2005, 12:45 PM

It would be interesting to see if someone thinks to do a study of the proteins in kids' blood before vax and after vax.

Not that I think this is a good idea, mind you, just that if they're going to do the studies anyway it's a thought. If they did use the scientific method and REALLY wanted to vindicate vaccines as a contributor to autism, then a study like I suggested might prove helpful.
#4 of 14 Old 05-06-2005, 04:35 PM

Quote:
In the study, blood samples taken from autistic children revealed their immune systems were working differently to normal, with levels of specific "killer cells" boosted by 40%. The levels of other immune cells, more than 100 different proteins and smaller molecules, were also highly unusual, the researchers found in the study, announced yesterday at the International Meeting for Autism Research in Boston.
(from the Guardian article - which was on the front page of the paper paper thing morning!)

I read this at work today. From the "killer cells" reference, it sounds immune system related, doesn't it?

But it got me to thinking, if your child were autistic, would you want to know when they were still an infant, or would you feel, as someone in the article says, that such knowledge would cause undue stress?

I think I would want to know. But then again, how many MMR-less kids turn out to have autism?

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#5 of 14 Old 05-06-2005, 07:24 PM

Quote:
In the study, blood samples taken from autistic children revealed their immune systems were working differently to normal, with levels of specific "killer cells" boosted by 40%. The levels of other immune cells, more than 100 different proteins and smaller molecules, were also highly unusual, the researchers found in the study, announced yesterday at the International Meeting for Autism Research in Boston.

Why yes, of course. Every single vaccine messes with the immune system.

They can not do a test to see how the immune system works at birth and then how it works in a few months or years.

The immune system only protects the child against parasites at birth. Everything else has to be learned.

By vaccinating they are trying to trick the immune system into believing it had encountered several diseases at one time. The problem is humans would NEVER encounter most of those diseases via blood. They always take a different route and are challenged by the body's natural barriers.

As long as they 'mess' with the immune system, they are creating nothing more than a mess.
#6 of 14 Old 05-06-2005, 10:43 PM

Of course vaccines could cause those changes and so can all the chemicals in our environment, air, food, pesticides, plastics, preservatives,transfatty acids, poor nutrition, mineral deficiencies, viruses...........

we really need to think about the things we can protect our bodies from.

People really should listen to you Gitti. You definetly know your facts!!!!
#7 of 14 Old 05-06-2005, 11:24 PM

Long before the focus on mercury was touted as a cause of autism, I've ranted here about the immune disruption factor of vaccines and autism. I saw autism consequent to vaccines long before MMR was introduced.

the problem is that the zealots on both sides of the argument are too quick to open their mouths rather than take a complete look at the whole issue.

Course, in order to do that, you'd have to write a book.

And put new software in the top two inchese of the cranial hardware of vaccinologists and immunologists.

What is blindingly obvious to us, is never even considered by them.

That is the story of medical history.

Got lots of work to do right now, so you won't see me around much.

Tata and be good.

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

#8 of 14 Old 05-07-2005, 03:59 AM

Wow, so many interesting points. I was just having a discussion the other day about the possibility of there being some genetic factor or something biologically present that might be triggered by something environmental, including vaccinations. And the next day I read the article. So much more research needs to be done. It does give me hope a bit that at least science is finding a direction in which to look.
#9 of 14 Old 05-07-2005, 05:24 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I'm just hoping science is looking for a direction to look.
Honestly, I don't care if vaxes are one of the main causes of these new diseases. I actually hope vaxes are aquitted!
I just want them to find the causes, whatever they are.
So far it seems like the pharma co.'s studies are only concentrated on proving vaxes are not to blame for anything.
And they have to scew data to do even that!

Anyway, I hope they find the real cause of all of those diseases.
#10 of 14 Old 05-07-2005, 09:37 AM

How many generations of vax does it take to cause a gene to mutate in the species permanently? When does it damage reproductive cells? They know for fact vaxes cause cancer. They even know the exact gene that mutates and causes the cancer.

But if someday it becomes too blindingly clear that vaxes are killing us in painful deaths and they are halted, will we be too far gone? When will our unvaxed offspring be permanently altered too? I already know that my son didn't get the immunities he was entitled to in my BM because *I* was vaxed. All these people shooting up their kids, and their kids, etc... When will the species be altered for good, whether the practice of vaxing continues or not?
#11 of 14 Old 05-07-2005, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aira
How many generations of vax does it take to cause a gene to mutate in the species permanently? When does it damage reproductive cells? They know for fact vaxes cause cancer. They even know the exact gene that mutates and causes the cancer.

But if someday it becomes too blindingly clear that vaxes are killing us in painful deaths and they are halted, will we be too far gone? When will our unvaxed offspring be permanently altered too? I already know that my son didn't get the immunities he was entitled to in my BM because *I* was vaxed. All these people shooting up their kids, and their kids, etc... When will the species be altered for good, whether the practice of vaxing continues or not?

Thank you for this thread, Tracy.

Good Points, aira!!

NO one really knows since no one is doing the research. Personally, I do not think the people who are making the $$$$ off of vaccinations really are about the damage they are doing to the population. So that study will never be done.

Case in point, a bit , but related:
My mom was prescribed the drug Diethylstilbestrol as many women were between 1940-1971. Many people have died from cancer as being the mothers, daughters, sons of that horrible experiment. Now there are actually studies that are being done on the grandchildren of the DES age. So damage done in utero to your mother/father because your grandmother took something during pregnancy can affect you.

DES survivors are professional patients, the kind that make $ for the medical profession.

If there is $ in the study, the drug companies are all over it.

In the end, my personal opinion about nature is that the human body strives to be healthy and to live, and that is what I feel with be the human race's saving grace.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#12 of 14 Old 05-07-2005, 12:36 PM

I know my mother had an anti-emetic while pg with me, which got pulled from the market after my birth for causing birth defects. I can't remember which one. She took it the whole 9 months (though she said it didn't work and she usually puked up the pill anyway...). But I was born in 74, and I think it must not be DES. I did hear from her last year that the one she took is making a comeback!

I wasn't born with a birth defect so everyone decided it had no effect on me, but I certainly wonder if some of my health problem stemmed from it. What did all the crap I got assaulted with in my body do to my DS? No matter how "naturally" I try to live now, it has to have an effect.
#13 of 14 Old 05-07-2005, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aira
I know my mother had an anti-emetic while pg with me, which got pulled from the market after my birth for causing birth defects. I can't remember which one. She took it the whole 9 months (though she said it didn't work and she usually puked up the pill anyway...). But I was born in 74, and I think it must not be DES. I did hear from her last year that the one she took is making a comeback!

I wasn't born with a birth defect so everyone decided it had no effect on me, but I certainly wonder if some of my health problem stemmed from it. What did all the crap I got assaulted with in my body do to my DS? No matter how "naturally" I try to live now, it has to have an effect.
DES was taken off the market as a "miscarriage" preventative in 1971, and totally in 1979. It was used to fatten cattle.

The drug prescribed for your mother probably was BENDECTIN, manufactured by the same friendly folks who brought us thalidomide. (Manufactured by Merrel)

My nephew worked for the drug company in Cincinnati that manufactured Bendectin as a law clerk in the late 1980's. He said that the company put lots of efforts into fighting the parents who brought the suit.

It did cause birth defects in some people, one was the son of Betty Mekdeki in Florida who heads an organization called ABDC. Her son has reduced limbs, and she was part of the suit.

BUT AIRA, I am very glad that you are O.K!

The little girl who was Carol Ann in the "Poltergeist" movies died of an obstruction in her digestive tract which was caused by something her mother took during pregnancy, probably Bendectin, so some of the birth defects are not readily recognizable...maybe it did cause some of your health problems.

The company which manufactured Bendectin never took ANY responsiblility for the damage it caused.

see http://www.birthdefects.org

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#14 of 14 Old 05-07-2005, 09:29 PM

Thank you , applejuice! That's exactly the one! No surprise about their not taking responibility. Not that any of my health issues are recognized anyway, much less would a drug co be accountable.

But HOLY CRAP! That girl died from Benedictin?!?! Scary. Really scary that the effects are being noticed so much later in life. Wonder what I'll find.

I guess its even more motivation to keep my lifestyle clean.

Thanks for the info. And I'm sorry for commandeering the thread... Please, let's keep talking about protein changes in autism...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page