Need Letter Writers! VERY Pro-Vaccine Article in Parentlife Magazine - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-29-2005, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have never seen this mag before but found it today in a church I was in and overall it was nice (it's a Christian magazine and the only Christian parenting magazine I have ever seen so they NEED good, factual info-PLEASE WRITE WITH ALL THE AMMO YOU HAVE BASED ON SOME GOOD RESEARCH AND ANY ONLINE ARTICLES THEY CAN GO TO). :

Had a circ article that wasn't pro or against, but really ended with a 'circ is medically unnecc.' slant so that was good.

But, their vaccine article on pages40-41 is horrendous (sp?), here's a quote:

"Common Vaccine Myths"

"A mercury-containing preservative (thimerosal) contained in many vaccines harms children" (WHAT?????)
"Children get too many shots (Uhhhh, YES THEY DO!)

Also under another section:

"All recommended vaccines are safe"

They also mention the CDC and AMA, APA as references, what about the medical doctors who are against vaccines? I know there's a site out there but I can't find it.

Anyway, here is the site to see and here is the e-mail to write them. I am not the worlds most fluent writer, please anyone-can you spend a few moments and drop them a line? Remember, this article is based on just a few peoples opinions, based on AMA/APA and CDC info, they do NOT speak for all Christians as all my buddies are very much into the non-vaccine route!

Thanks so much!

www.lifeway.com
#2 of 4 Old 06-29-2005, 08:32 PM

I am very dense when it comes to finding things. could you tell me a little better how to get to the article?
#3 of 4 Old 06-29-2005, 08:37 PM

The site you're looking for that's doctors who are anti-vax is American Academy of Physicians (or something very close.) The only way I've gotten to their site is through www.mercola.com

Dr. Mercola is an anti-vax doc and a member of this group.

lovin DH since 1/04, SAHM to 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#4 of 4 Old 06-30-2005, 05:12 PM

here is the link to the asociation of american physicians and surgeons:
http://www.aapsonline.org/

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page