Do your unvaccinated kids........ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-04-2005, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
.......get higher fevers? My ds gets higher fevers but then he doesnt end up getting sick with anything the next day. It's so weird, I cant figure it out but I remember a few other non-vax parents saying the same thing.

DS had a 104 fever in January and was tired for the day but the next day he was totally fine and never came down with anything. Then today, I picked him up to get him dressed and he felt warm so I took his temp and it was 102.6 but he is acting totally fine, no signs of a cold or anything. Must be his immune system fighting something off but I am curious if other non-vaxing parents notice the same thing with higher fevers.

Desiree

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2005, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jordan has gotten a couple pretty high fevers. He has actually been sick with them too but nothing major. I gave him tylenol one time because he was going on two days and no break and was pretty miserable. But the other times I either didn't give him anything or gave him a homeopathic remedy. I know most people would have probably ran to the dr which is fine but I see it as their immune functioning like it should.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:28 PM

Not yet, but she hasn't really been sick yet either. Sounds like a good immune system. Ramp up that temp. Kill off whatever is around then back to business as usual.

-Angela
Old 08-04-2005, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, Jevin is almost 3 and he has had 3 colds, one a year and it usually lasts 2 days (but he didnt get fevers with those.) The weird thing is though that the fevers just happen one day and nothing ever comes of it! So I figure whatever he is fighting, it works.

Desiree

Old 08-04-2005, 07:01 PM

I don't actually take my kids' temperatures any more, but YES! My Emma never got a high fever, not with strep throat or roseola or anything. The highest I ever remember her having was 102 (ok, I did take her temp that time, cause she felt hotter to me than she ever had).
When Maddy gets a fever she feels pretty hot but she always gets well quicker. Of course I never reduce her fever like I used to do with Emma's. That was BMDC: Before MotheringDotCommune.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:08 PM

Same happened here, my dd has had about 3 fevers at different times and i thought man shes got something bad here but the next day or sometimes hours later shes absolutely fine. Its always such a mystery, I dont go to the dr but i always really wish i knew what was going on in her little body.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:30 PM

My naturpath told me that unvaccinated children tend to get higher fevers than vaccinated children. This was when dd had a fever ranging fro 103 -105 for about 3 days. Then she got a rash. The other doctor in the office diagnosed her with roseola, but my doctor (who was not in that day) isn't so sure.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:30 PM

One question I would have is whether unvaxed kids actually get higher fevers? Or do non-vaxing parents tend to let the fevers run their course without anti-pyretics and it only looks like that?

I ask because my sister's children, all vaxed, tend to get high fevers but she's constantly on them with a tylenol/motrin rotation every two hours, and when they get sick they are sick for a long time.

Something to ponder...
Old 08-04-2005, 09:53 PM

I agree about non-vaxing families being less likely to use fever reducers.

I also think different kids just get sick differently. My youngest throws up, it doesn't matter how the rest of us react to those germs he throws up. My oldest is more of a fever guy (and he did have a few vaccs at the very beginning).
Old 08-05-2005, 12:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
One question I would have is whether unvaxed kids actually get higher fevers? Or do non-vaxing parents tend to let the fevers run their course without anti-pyretics and it only looks like that?
Probably this has something to do with it. I dont use any tylonel either (have in the past but it's been a long time.)

Desiree

Old 08-05-2005, 10:37 AM

2 of my 3 kids run high fevers (at least 103-104) if they run any at all. It's not related to their vax status & our medication habits are the same for all of them. So I think it's just individual.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:06 PM

Well, my daughter's only had a fever for one night/day but the highest it got was 100.4. She felt very warm, I thought it would be higher, but that's it. We didn't treat it with anything but breastmilk.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegna
Not yet, but she hasn't really been sick yet either. Sounds like a good immune system. Ramp up that temp. Kill off whatever is around then back to business as usual.

-Angela

exactly. My unvaxed kids do this. Other kids I know that are vaxed walk around moderatel sick for weeks and tired not ever getting really sck and not ever getting "well"...........

DO NOT give Tylenol or Motrin unless you have to. Try lukewarm baths and sponging, hydration, homeopathic Belladona. Youv'e made such a good choice not to vax, don't ruin their healthy immune response with medications.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:18 PM

My..kids..rarely..get..fevers..even..w/..all..the..times..they've..been..sick.

The..last..EI..AJ..had..though..got..up..to..102.8 ish.

He..was..miserable..and..of..course..we..were..on. .a..road..trip..then!

Jennifer, LPN and nursing student, Doula, CPST, and VBAC mama x3 to
AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), Olivia (2/09), and Unity (8/2012)

Old 08-05-2005, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Yep, the same thing happened like what happened in January. He had a big fever all day and today he is FINE. Running around like crazy, no fever, no signs of any sickness! Whatever he was fighting, looks like he won. LOL

Desiree

Old 08-05-2005, 07:10 PM

OUr oldest ran fevers to 105 whenever he got sick, but the youngest never went above 103. But... the youngest's fevers always lasted longer. And when the youngest fevers were 101, they lasted even longer than when they were 103, so it seemed to me that the higher the fever, the faster the process went.

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

Old 08-05-2005, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljen

I ask because my sister's children, all vaxed, tend to get high fevers but she's constantly on them with a tylenol/motrin rotation every two hours, and when they get sick they are sick for a long time.

Something to ponder...
the reason is that acetaminophen is dangerous and suppresses the immune system

If you want to know more, do an advanced search here, put acetaminophen in the subject box, click on posts, rather than threads, and select the vaccinations forum only.

Follow the medical links, and you will see why your sister's kids health could be compromised... not just immune system wise, but what she's doing, isn't great for the liver, and you need a well functioning liver to get over illnesses, particularly those from gram negative bacteria, because the key to them is that they are endotoxin drive from the bacteria envelope, which is a lipo-polysaccharide, but acts as a toxin, and requires a well functioning liver to deal with it...

Too technical, yes...

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

Old 08-06-2005, 04:10 AM

That is good info about tylenol. We have only used it once and don't plan to use it much but good info for when I am tempted!
Old 08-07-2005, 11:13 PM

Nothing more than a mild fever. Like 100.5 when I did take it but it's possible he could have been higher for a short time and I wasn't really concerned enough to take it b/c fevers don't really bother me. We are lucky (well we've worked hard on his immune system) that he's never been that sick. We'll see what happens now that he has weaned ...

User Tag List