where to research vaccine lot numbers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-06-2005, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had the health department where my youngest ds recieved his vaxs print out from their files the lot numbers on all the vaccines he was given. So now I want to get ingredient lists for all of the lots and I dont know where to look. If anyone knows I would sure appreciate a link or something.
Thanks in advance!

P.S. The nurses insist that they have had thymerisol free vaxs since 99' but I know that there are vax's with experation dates up to 2005. I also want to know what other crap was in these shots. My sons blood metal level tests showed many high metals.
#2 of 3 Old 11-07-2005, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Anybody?
#3 of 3 Old 11-07-2005, 07:52 PM

I didn't even see your thread - sorry!

I wasn't able to find out thimerosal content through the lot numbers, even when I contacted each pharma with the lot numbers. They claimed they didn't have that info. at their fingertips and I wasn't able to find any public database. I realize now that I could have just contacted the law firm handling my son's compensation claim b/c they would definitely know, but I didn't even think to contact them.

I, along with a rep from each of the pharma's, were able to determine the thimerosal content from info. like the year it was administered, what brands were available at the time and wound up using the package inserts pertaining to the specific vax.

For instance, we were able to determine the Hib doses (manufactured by Connaught) did not contain any thimerosal by deducing they don't manufacturer that particular brand any longer. Connaught only made one brand at the time, so we were able to figure that one out. NOTE: Most of the Hib vaccines on the market did in fact contain 25 micrograms of thimerosal though.

I would not suggest using the mercury calculator on one of the anti-vax websites (can't recall which one). When I used it, it was completely inaccurate.

If your child received vaxes back in 1999, I don't believe there could have conceivably been expiration dates for 2005. That said, I also don't think your doc had completely thimerosal free vaxes in 1999. The recommendation was made in 1999 and since there was no recall, ped's were able to use up what they had on the shelves. Besides, just because a recommendation was made in 1999 doesn't mean they immediately started producing thimerosal free vaccines. I find it hard to believe your ped had only TF vaccines on their shelves in 1999.

Here are the vaxes my son received in late 1997, 1998 and 1999 which contained thimerosal:

DTaP (4 doses - 25 micrograms each dose) ***I think all DTaP's at the time contained full strength thimerosal

Hep (3 doses - 12.5 micrograms each dose) ***I think all Hep B's at the time contained thimerosal. Not sure if some contained 25 micrograms.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page