SARS Vaccine To Collect Dust - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-04-2005, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Snippet from AP article:

Bird Flu Hype Infecting Biotech IndustryDec 4, 12:15 PM (ET)
By PAUL ELIAS

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Two years ago, as fears of a SARS pandemic spread, a San Diego biotech company aided by federal dollars speeded a promising vaccine out of the lab and into human testing.

But when Vical Inc. and the government wrap up the 15-person test next year, the drug is expected to end up on the shelf because the dreaded global epidemic never panned out. Bird flu has now overtaken SARS as the No. 1 feared global death threat.

As biotechnology companies suddenly refocus their profit mission to the new threat - and investors drive stock prices to new highs - some analysts wonder if these endeavors could face the same fate Vical met with its rapid response to severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS.

"There are so many unknowables and a lot of hype," said AG Edwards analyst Al Goldman. "The avian flu potential is something that you can't get your arms around because no one knows if - or when - a pandemic is going to happen."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2005, 07:02 PM

They would have to wonder that, because think of all the publicity about how bad SARS was going to be? At the time, that propaganda read just like the current stuff on Bird Flu did.

What interested me was that the diagnostic criteria for SARS could have just about encompassed everything from a cold to bronchitis. I never did figure out exactly what they were talking about with regard to SARS... s

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

Old 12-04-2005, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtezuma Tuatara
What interested me was that the diagnostic criteria for SARS could have just about encompassed everything from a cold to bronchitis.

. . . and we were all going to drop like flies across the globe from a glorified cold. There are quite a few articles devoted to the "SARS scam." I had one bookmarked that was great. If I find again quick, I'm going to post it.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:46 PM

I had forgotten that I was going to die from SARS.

I suspect Bird Flu will look just like that in two years.....but NO ONE will remember it.

The media is a powerful monster.

I do wonder though...to make money on the vax...how long it will take before it hits shelfs as a childhood must. So kids don't die from the dreaded SARS. Doctors will once again use fear techniques to force a vax on us.

I'm preachin' to the choir.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I think this birdflu thing is here to stay.
It's always going to be right around the corner...

Wow. It just now hit me.
They're making a vaccine for a disease that doesn't even exist. They're going to start mandating drugs for totally imaginary illnesses. Coz, once the birdflu vax is out, it will be compulsory for school, etc. And when the birdflu never comes, it will be because of the wonderful vaccine, of course!

Ok, ya'll...anyone found any good planets out there accepting political refugees?
Old 12-04-2005, 10:13 PM

Spanish influenza epidemic was caused by vaccine?

Quote:
The first World War was of a short duration, so the vaccine makers were unable to use up all their vaccines. As they were (and still are) in business for profit, they decided to sell it to the rest of the population. So they drummed up the largest vaccination campaign in U.S. history. There were no epidemics to justify it so they used other tricks. Their propaganda claimed the soldiers were coming home from foreign countries with all kinds of diseases and that everyone must have all the shots on the market.

John D. Rockefeller channeded his huge profits...into...medical schools that have cranked out drug-pushers for whatever ails you

Quote:
That monopoly is so powerful it is the last major industry to remain protected by government rather than deregulated with competitive free-market checks and balances.

These corporate-AMA and government-FDA monopolists have demonized natural-holistic healing as quackery for all these years.

Vaccines are the "sacrament" of these sick drug pushers who see themselves as the high priests of medicine.

I am a close friend of one brilliant Osteopathic doctor who actually survived an assassination attempt for going public with her warning of vaccines, and specifically her insider contacts at the CDC which told her unabashedly how the flu warnings in the media get people to take vaccines which are designed to bring sick people to doctor offices within the long term if not the short.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakay
Wow. It just now hit me.
They're making a vaccine for a disease that doesn't even exist. They're going to start mandating drugs for totally imaginary illnesses. Coz, once the birdflu vax is out, it will be compulsory for school, etc. And when the birdflu never comes, it will be because of the wonderful vaccine, of course!
Remember the man who never trod on the cracks, and that's why there were no elephants around. Coz he never trod on the cracks.

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

Old 12-04-2005, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Remember the man who never trod on the cracks, and that's why there were no elephants around. Coz he never trod on the cracks.
It really is the old "elephant repellant" scheme come to life. And the whole world is going to fall for it.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:53 PM

A rattlesnake vaccine would be 100% effective in my country.

Old 12-05-2005, 01:16 AM

Quote:
A rattlesnake vaccine would be 100% effective in my country.
Wanna start a buisness?
Old 12-05-2005, 02:04 AM

What business? Importing the rattle snakes to see if the vaccine would actually work?

User Tag List