:( Flu vax for kids UNDER 6 months old now? - Mothering Forums
Vaccinations > :( Flu vax for kids UNDER 6 months old now?
Gitti's Avatar Gitti 04:54 PM 01-12-2006
http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/reporter/?ID=3573

They are just itching to sell the flu vaccine to younger and younger kids! :

Quote:
“These infants are part of vulnerable group and have high hospitalization rates for influenza-related illnesses that are similar to the elderly,” said Halasa, assistant professor of Pediatrics in the division of Infectious Diseases.

Sure, the parents are bribed or threatened to comply.

LongIsland's Avatar LongIsland 04:57 PM 01-12-2006
MedImmunie will be seeking approval in (approx.) 2007 for it's FluMist live influenza vaccine to be indicated in infants.
LilithX's Avatar LilithX 02:33 AM 01-13-2006
Where is the scientific oversight on these things?
In the pocket of the industry, that’s where.
The vax makers have (yet again) been threatening to stop making vaccines unless government makes it more “worth their while” (eliminating liability, mandating universal use, tax breaks, etc..)

Ok, first, this: (which while reporting on an obvious trend to expand flu vaccination to a universal level, raises the issue of the effectiveness in certain age groups. But it does not go into the ineffectiveness of the flu vax in the “very young”, other than to mention it in passing. )

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/health/3377513
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

“New research shows flu vaccines may not be as effective as previously thought for the elderly and very young. In fact, the best way to protect the elderly from flu-related deaths may be to vaccinate schoolchildren — the biggest spreaders of flu….Scientists know that the elderly are at greatest risk of dying from the flu, but they also have the weakest responses to a vaccine because of their aging immune systems — raising questions about whether they are the best target for flu shot campaigns. The CDC's long-accepted recommendations are being challenged by fresh analysis of flu death data and previously published research. For example:
•The British medical journal The Lancet in September published an analysis of 64 studies evaluating the effectiveness of flu vaccine for the elderly. The analysis found flu shots were only modestly effective, cutting flu-related hospitalizations by 30 percent to 42 percent.
•In February, The Lancet published a similar analysis of 25 studies of flu shots in children younger than 2, the other group targeted by CDC campaigns. There is no evidence vaccination reduces flu-related deaths or complications in that group, researchers concluded.
•A study published in February in the Archives of Internal Medicine examined decades of U.S. data and found no decrease in flu deaths among seniors despite increased vaccine coverage.
"There was absolutely no decline in influenza-attributable mortality between 1980, when 15 percent of elderly were vaccinated, and 2000, when 65 percent of elderly were vaccinated," said Boston flu researcher Dr. Tom Reichert, a co-author of the National Institutes of Health study.
The CDC maintains that vaccination is the best way to protect children younger than 2 and people age 65 years and older from flu and its complications.
Some flu experts think there is a better way: Immunize schoolchildren, well-known to parents and doctors as petri dishes of germs….”

Here is a link to a PDF on the effectiveness or lack thereof of the flu vax in infants: (to sum up, it is highly ineffective in this age group, yet, as with the elderly, in which it is ALSO highly ineffective, the CDC recommends routine vaccination)

http://www.nationalautismassociation...20Infants1.pdf

Do NOT hold your breath waiting for any of the previous mandates to be repealed, no matter how ineffective they are proven to be; all that will happen is that new ones will be added. That is the agenda, as I have suspected for some time now; universal, mandatory, annual flu vaccination of all school children, which will ensure a tidy, predictable profit for the vax makers)

And Flumist was NOT approved for use in younger children due to side effects/asthma-like episodes, but I’m sure the makers are working hard to make those associations disappear so they can win approval soon.

Finally, can you imagine the cumulative exposure levels to thimerosal (not to mention to any of the other vax ingredients) if virtually every school-aged child got an annual flu shot, since most available contain thim.? That’s on top of the recs for pg women and infants. And of course, we are advised to get annual doses as adults, then as senior adults, are recommended to officially yet again.

At 25 mgs a dose, that’s one heck of a lot of mgs over a lifetime. (about 300-350 mgs by age 18 alone for those who follow the guidelines) Will we begin to see an epidemic of adult onset autism/mid-life Alzheimers/other neurological effects?

Lilith
LongIsland's Avatar LongIsland 02:43 AM 01-13-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilithX
That is the agenda, as I have suspected for some time now; universal, mandatory, annual flu vaccination of all school children, which will ensure a tidy, predictable profit for the vax makers)

People look at me with a wrinkled brow when I tell them the influenza vaccine will one day be mandated for school entry. It will happen.

I'm going to bump up a FluMist plant thread from last week and you will see how your prediction may become a reality.
crysmomofthree's Avatar crysmomofthree 02:43 AM 01-13-2006
wow is that ever disgusting, when they did the "mandatory" flu vaccines for our hospital staff, I was expecting to be ridiculed at best for refusing the shot, but what I found was that most of the staff were refusing the shots (nurses and drs) believing that they were useless, and could potentially make them sick, but then the next week it was these very same staff that could be heard recomending and pushing the vaccine on patients in the hospital. makes you wonder
Up