Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LOL...Makes ya wonder how they see that cp vax as a good thing...heehee
#3 of 18 Old 03-14-2006, 12:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflower_3
.... me- open mouth stare- so your telling me that the medical establishment has managed to transform a relatively benign childhood disease that provided great exercise for a developing immune system into a dangerous mutant virus? ...

: Did you really say this and the doc just kept going? Too funny!
#4 of 18 Old 03-14-2006, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

#5 of 18 Old 03-14-2006, 01:37 AM

Well done! What a great conversation ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflower 3
I didn't even bother asking about her knowledge in regards to caring for an intact penis and we are still shopping.
I could only imagine what she would say about caring for an intact penis ... oh man. And good for you to continue shopping ... it doesn't sound like you are going to be giving much up by not returning to her.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#6 of 18 Old 03-14-2006, 02:15 AM

I think the doc is lying about the new, extremely virulent CP thing.
Actually, I bet she probably invented that idea, but believes it. Nevermind that that isn't how viruses and vaccines work at all...and she should know this...but anyway...your response made me giggle...

Definitely keep shopping.
We see a GP who we love. (Even though we haven't needed to go in over a year. That's the other cool thing about GP's. They understand why people might *gasp* go to the doc when there seems to be a problem.)
#7 of 18 Old 03-14-2006, 09:40 AM

LOL! Last week we were told that even if we weren't doing all of the vaxes, we needed to *at least* do CP b/c he may pass CP onto an immunocompromised child. : She said nothing about MMR, Polio, etc-she picked CP! Alrighty then.

Great response btw!
#8 of 18 Old 03-14-2006, 12:36 PM

wow, definitely keep searching. I love your comeback, btw! She probably didn't get it and didn't know how to respond

We take dd to an awesome GP whose mom is a midwife and has a birthing center! I didn't have dd at the birthing center (didn't know about it at the time), but I contacted the birthing center to get a recommendation for a doctor since our ped was too mainstream for our liking. Perhaps you could get a recommendation through a local midwife or birthing center as well? Good luck!
#9 of 18 Old 03-14-2006, 12:40 PM

Well, my son has chicken pox right now and if this is the "new, virulent" form, then I'm Jessica Lange. He hasn't scratched any of them...doesn't want to rest...gets fed up with us 'cause we're tired and so, he heads next door to hang out with my neighbor and play tug of war while listening to punk music.
#10 of 18 Old 03-14-2006, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheezie
LOL! Last week we were told that even if we weren't doing all of the vaxes, we needed to *at least* do CP b/c he may pass CP onto an immunocompromised child. :
Wait a sec . . . the doc was worried about your child catching wild CP and passing it on to an immunocomprised person, but never said anything about the dangers the live vaccine pose to those same people.

#11 of 18 Old 03-14-2006, 04:07 PM

My children could get "skin eating strep" if they get chicken pox!!!!
#12 of 18 Old 03-14-2006, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deir
My children could get "skin eating strep" if they get chicken pox!!!!
It's true.

They could also get it from a bug bite, from a paper cut, from the injection site from their vax, or for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Statistically they're far more likely to be killed in a car accident on their way to the ped's office to get their shots.
#13 of 18 Old 03-15-2006, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i started cod liver oil yesterday (finally got my order in the mail) and ds wanted some when i took it this morning. i took ds to the doc (well, nurse practitioner) to get a nasty pernicious cough and his ears checked out. the nurses couldn't figure out why i was taking CLO nor could they figure out why i gave it to him - the NP looked in his file to see if it was prescribed. i started listing off the benefits and components of CLO and they were truly amazed. of course, the NP had never heard of the benefits of flaxseed oil either... just what do they teach in nursing/med school these days?

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#14 of 18 Old 03-15-2006, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets
just what do they teach in nursing/med school these days?
Mostly canned pharma-speak, from what I can tell.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
#15 of 18 Old 03-15-2006, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

#16 of 18 Old 03-15-2006, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflower_3
That's what worries me. I got spoiled with our last doc, because he was very progressive, informed, and understanding. Ever since we moved, I've had to do all my own informing and feel like I know more about how to maintain my children's health an well being than the dr's do. And that is not a good feeling considering that I still feel very ignorant. I want the dr to know more than I do, I want to be able to trust their information, but I just haven't found that again yet. (Sorry, a little OT) Not to say that I don't want any responsibility for being informed about my families health, but the health care provider should know more than I do about most of the topics I bring up. It's frightening when they have no idea what your talking about, and all they can do is regurgitate a textbook.
I know exactly what you mean. I want a doc that i agree with on certain things, that I can trust so that when something comes up, I can trust the docs judgement. My first doc told me that I had to keep my dd away from other children if I didn't do the hep b vax at birth. Needless to say I didn't go back there. I found a doc I really like, but yesterday he told me to start my dd on solid foods in a month and she won't even be four months old then! So now I don't feel like I trust him on other things as well. So I totally know what you mean. Good luck

Shelley
#17 of 18 Old 03-15-2006, 08:30 PM

Me: So does giving my daughter the chicken pox vaccine mean she won't get chicken pox?
Dr: Not neccesarily

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE VACCINATION???
(not that I wanted it, was just asking questions)
#18 of 18 Old 03-16-2006, 01:31 AM

i love your response mama!

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page