#123 of 161 Old 08-01-2006, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planta
Amy,

I am sorry for the bad news.
May I make a suggestion? Please consider the raw food approach to overcoming cancer. There are powerful accounts of recoveries due to, for example, drinking large amounts of fresh juice (carrot, grapes or wheatgrass). I know someone who recovered from colon cancer through diet after being "given" 6 months to live by the doctors. Our bodies are incredible, they can recover from almost anything if they are given the chance. Please consider this option - you can recover better health than you've had in years (or even decades).
I don't even know where to start. But I will tell you this-I've learned, through our battles with Dad's cancer-that cancer likes insulin. Keep your blood sugar as stable as possible. Spikes are bad. There is a lady-Joanna Brandt, I beleive-who did a grape cure for cancer, can't speak for the efficacy of it.

We looked at topical cesium chloride, Dads oncologist says it works-but if you do any other treatments besides (which Dad wouldn't consider) it makes the side effects so horrendous they are not tolerable.

DMSO looks promising as well. Vitamin C (see Linus Paulings work) in large doses-several hundred grams at a time-are effective as well on some types, again, can't speak for personal experience, because dad didn't go that route (yet), but it has been discussed. You will need a port inserted-probably near the collar bone, for the infusions. Oral Vitamin C (ascobic acid and/or sodium ascorbate as well as potassium ascorbate-there are differences as to which is best and when-see Paulings work for more details) is helpful too-take to bowel tolerance-if you can get there.

Finally, graviola has helped slow Dads tumor progression-and he has an extremely aggressive form of cancer (neuroendocrine w/ the SV40 virus).

That being said, good luck. I have more people in my prayers these days from cancer than I know what to do with! I just hope it helps.
#124 of 161 Old 08-26-2006, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Just wanted to catch up with you all, not sure if you are still following my journey, but I'd like to have some documentation for myself anyway

About a month and a half ago, I was in a really bad place. I was not the strong optimistic mama who has been posting on this thread. I was really regretting the surgery and focusing on that. Also, a family member told me that everyone in the family thought I was.....terminal, and my health took a nose dive. I heard the word in slow motion even and it felt like I was socked in the stomach....like one of those cartoons were the character gets hit in the stomach w/a canonball and the whole stomach goes backward? Well, that is what it felt like, and continued to feel like for a couple of weeks, and no matter what, I couldn't shake it. It was awful. And as I dealt w/all this negativity, my tumor grew. And as the tumor grew, I became more and more depressed. It was a viscious cycle.

Well, finally, I spent an evening going online researching cancer stuff and on one of the websites it was written (something along these lines), "second and third stage cancers can be cured easily...." and it was about natural stuff. For whatever reason, this brought me back and I have been feeling better than I have ever felt. A friend said it sounded like I went through a healing crisis, and without a doubt, I know I did.

So I'm over here now, doing great I'm doing Kundalini yoga daily which is so helpful to my body and still taking a slew of supplements and such. I'm going to be starting the IV VIT C in a couple of weeks and I'm looking into GEIPE tx than another mama PM'd me about. BUT....I'm really feeling like these things are great and all, but, with or without them, my body is already healing--supplements or not. So I'm thinking I'll do them to give my body a boost, but that my body is going to heal anyway.

So, in terms of the tumor, it is about peach size and.....it is trying to come out of my armpit. Yes, I am birthing a tumor and I can see the head!! Actually, not the head but a portion of it is sticking out of my now opened up scar. I've been wearing a raw garlic/castor oil poultice 24/7 and I keep growing a huge ol' blister that pops in a couple of days as the tumor moves up and out. Absolutely fascinating. I'm feeling some pain, but as I concentrate on it, it is because my skin is stretching to accomodate it, and the pain is actually this stretching---a ring o' fire if you will. I'm not exactlly sure how the tumor is going to come out, but I'm confident that it will; I just need to trust.

Hope you all are well,
Amy
#125 of 161 Old 08-26-2006, 08:20 PM

Thanks for updating us Amy. I do think about you and wonder how things are.
#126 of 161 Old 08-26-2006, 09:17 PM

Hi Amy,

Thanks for checking in. I'm sorry about your low spell, and glad to hear things are looking up again.

What a journey! I guess, truth be told, all of us are 'terminal', no? Try not to worry about what others think or believe. If there is one unpredictable thing in medicine it is the natural course of any given malignancy, that's for sure. For every type of cancer that scientists predict shorter term survivial, you can find individual people who have lived with those cancers for 20 years or more. Them's just the facts.

But don't be tough on yourself or your loved ones over how your cancer is 'going'. Things will happen as they will. Don't feel as though you have superhuman control over everything - you don't, dear. You're just one of us humans, sweetie :.

And you're doing just great .
#127 of 161 Old 08-27-2006, 12:46 AM

wow!
#128 of 161 Old 08-27-2006, 02:39 AM

You're such a strong woman. Thank you for the update.
#129 of 161 Old 08-27-2006, 03:39 AM

to you Amy! You are in my thoughts for a speedy recovery!!!

Samantha, Mama to Elizabeth, September 24, 2004
#130 of 161 Old 08-27-2006, 12:18 PM

Wow, Amy, you are one strong Mama! You are truly an inspiration. Childbirth will be a breeze after you get out that tumor! My prayers are with you .

We create our own reality.
#131 of 161 Old 08-27-2006, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow AmyD. This is the first time I'm really seeing your story. You are so incredibly strong. You will be in my thoughts and prayers mama. :

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#132 of 161 Old 08-27-2006, 12:54 PM

Thank you for the update. I am always amazed by your story Amy and your strength. Thank you for sharing it with us all.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#133 of 161 Old 08-27-2006, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyD
I'm going to be starting the IV VIT C in a couple of weeks
That's great Amy.
#134 of 161 Old 08-27-2006, 01:15 PM

Was thinking about you yesterday. Thank you for the update. You will be in my thoughts.

:
#135 of 161 Old 08-27-2006, 02:26 PM

P.S. Don't forget, Amy, we don't want to hear from you just when you're strong and feeling 'up'.

We want to hear from you ALL the time - including when you're feeling down, and discouraged, and just need someone to listen.

Namaste, good mama!
#136 of 161 Old 08-27-2006, 03:03 PM

Amy, that is amazing, inspiring, and great to hear. Thank you so much for the update.

Christine
#137 of 161 Old 08-27-2006, 03:23 PM

Wishing you continued good vibes and hoping that you "birth" the tumor soon.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#138 of 161 Old 08-27-2006, 03:46 PM

Thanks for the update I was wondering how you were doing. Prayers and good vibes for you...
#139 of 161 Old 08-27-2006, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed
P.S. Don't forget, Amy, we don't want to hear from you just when you're strong and feeling 'up'.

We want to hear from you ALL the time - including when you're feeling down, and discouraged, and just need someone to listen.

Namaste, good mama!

DIYer mama to DD 11/00 and DS 6/05- both intact, naturally!
...missing Mothering Magazine...

#140 of 161 Old 08-27-2006, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed

Namaste, good mama!
Agreed.

:
#141 of 161 Old 08-28-2006, 02:39 PM

Is this your doc, by any chance?

http://www.drkowalsky.com/?gclid=CPv...FQlBPgodujl3KA

I couldn't help but mention her...
(I don't know her, but she looks cool, and she's in the area)

DIYer mama to DD 11/00 and DS 6/05- both intact, naturally!
...missing Mothering Magazine...

#142 of 161 Old 08-30-2006, 05:09 PM

Wow, you are an inspiration on living mama. s to you and even more healing vibes coming your way!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#143 of 161 Old 09-02-2006, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

I'm quite exhausted and have been spending all of my free time internet searching. My cancer is great and all that and I'm still healing

C&P from another thread:

And the awful news.

It looks like my 21m old has a rare genetic disorder, MPS. We are very lucky though because it seems that he is on the very mild end of the spectrum. I'm thinking Schiele's or mild Hunter's. I'm going back and forth btw the two. His urine was sent out on Thursday to the U of Alabama to the top guy in the field to get more answers. We are seeing the geneticist on Wednesday, and the ENT on Thursday (to remove his adenoids and put ear tubes in). We are hoping to get this diagnosed ASAP so that he can start the enzyme therapy (once a week for life or until a cure).

On a side note, my lil' guy is much MUCH healthier than other MPS kids his age. I am attributing this 100% to his non-vax, non-crap (only SCD), and no antibiotic ever history. Because of all this, I know he is going to be okay.

Onwards to another journey.

Amy
#144 of 161 Old 09-02-2006, 12:44 PM

I have no idea what to say Amy.... I am so sorry you and your family have to deal with this right now. I am heartbroken for you. Sending strength and light your way mama....

:
#145 of 161 Old 09-02-2006, 01:21 PM

Stay strong. I'll send some good vibes your way.

Molly, mama to my 3 sweet boys.
: : hale:
#146 of 161 Old 09-02-2006, 02:02 PM

1) Great new user name
2) I am sorry about your son but, he is very lucky that you are the custodian of his care. He will thrive with you, despite obstacles, of this I am sure.
#147 of 161 Old 09-02-2006, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kundalini-Mama
MT, are you still around?

What do you think about this VitC therapy, since you are the VitC expert
Sorry to hear about your boy. Just remember than challenge makes us stronger....

Now that I've connected dots with a changed username, I'm in a better place to answer.

I notice you are going to try zeolites. I feel that along with zeolites, mineral replacement (where necessary) Vitamin C is very useful. I'd use a combination of sodium ascorbate, but also liposomal as well.

See here:

http://livonlabs.com/

Dr Levy is pretty impressed with this, but the reason I would use both, is that SA keeps the gut cleaner of Gram - bacteria and keeps things moving and that's very important.

apart from that, I'd be using organic juices and raw stuff till it came outta my ears.

I'd not be doing yoga though, but I would be dancing.

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

#148 of 161 Old 09-06-2006, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

MT,

Can you tell me about this fancy schmancy vit C. Firstly, would one have to consume it throughout the day like good 'ol sodium ascorbate? Or because it is so fancy, you can just take it once a day.

Thoughts?
#149 of 161 Old 09-06-2006, 01:52 AM

Did you read the whole site? Because what is there is all I know, except that Dr Levy came to NZ and did a talk, but I never got to hear him. All I heard down the grapevine is that he's impressed, so if somehow you could ask the company, or find his e-mail and persuade him to answer you, maybe he could put it into terms you understand better?

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

#150 of 161 Old 09-09-2006, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mamas, I'm taking some time from mothering so that I can heal my son. Please keep my family in your thoughts.

Much love to each and every one of you and thank you for sharing my journey with me,
Amy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page