***UPDATE***It looks like I *might* have cancer - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-09-2006, 01:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

And hopefully, to give you space to relax, and smell the daisies.

Amy its very important that you keep calm, okay? Promise me you will make that your top priority? To chill out...

Please?

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2006, 11:35 AM

We will be thinking of you.

DIYer mama to DD 11/00 and DS 6/05- both intact, naturally!
...missing Mothering Magazine...

Old 09-09-2006, 11:41 PM

Ok, this thread scares me! I have had a lump under my arm for like, oh, 10 years, maybe more? (we jokingly call it my third tit, lol) I had an ultrasound on it back when I was like 16 and they didnt see anything, told me it was *probably* just breast tissue and that since it was causing discomfort that I should go ahead and have it removed. Well, our insurance companies changed twice that year, then I got preggo-cant have the surgery while preggo-and then I was breastfeeding-ditto. Then I got preggo again, nursing, preggo, nursing, preggo, and now still nursing my almost 1 year old. Soooooo....I never had it removed. I dont want to quit nursing my dd just to have it removed though and I am TTC as we speak (ok, not literally, hehe). Maybe I will get it looked at again, just to make sure they dont see anything bad....

Cari-mama to Eriq, Lile, Paikea, Kaidyn, and Mieke is here!! 2/9/10
Old 11-20-2006, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter

Hey mamas,

I just wanted to post an update to my last post about my son. I know that a lot of you don't leave the vax boards and I really didn't want you to miss it

In terms of my cancer, I'm still doing fantastically. The tumor is really coming out of my armpit know and weeping profusely Very yummy, but very good at the same time.

Hope you all are well,
Amy
Old 11-20-2006, 03:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 11-20-2006, 04:34 AM

Amy, this is all such awesome news! You are in my thoughts and prayers. What a miracle for both you and your ds! You seriously need to write a book!!! love and prayers to you~~

Here's me I married then we had dd15 , dd11 , ds10 , and then and now we and I blog!
Old 11-20-2006, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm glad to hear that your son's case is mild and he won't need a transplant!

I'm a little confused about the tumor- why is the weeping a good thing?

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 12-04-2006, 04:15 AM

Many congratulations on your son's news.

How are you doing Amy? You've been on my mind.

Amanda

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

Old 12-04-2006, 02:04 PM

Mine too.... xox

:
Old 01-07-2007, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Any updates?

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 01-11-2007, 02:52 PM

I came across recent vitamin D research on cancer prevention and treatment again and wanted to mention in this thread b/c I though you would find it interesting:

Quote:
Efficacy and mechanism of action of 1alpha-hydroxy-24-ethyl-cholecalciferol (1alpha[OH]D5) in breast cancer prevention and therapy.

It is now well established that the active metabolite of vitamin D3, 1alpha,25(OH)2D3, regulates cell growth and differentiation in various in vitro cancer models. However, its clinical use is precluded due to its hypercalcemic activity in vivo. Hence, several less calcemic vitamin D analogs have been synthesized and evaluated for their chemopreventive and therapeutic efficacy in experimental carcinogenesis models.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

Chemoprevention of mammary carcinogenesis by 1alpha-hydroxyvitamin D5, a synthetic analog of Vitamin D.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q..._uids=12628523

Prevention of preneoplastic mammary lesion development by a novel vitamin D analogue, 1alpha-hydroxyvitamin D5.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...t_uids=9017001
Several companies are now developing vitamin D analogs (only one component of entire vit. D structure, ie. D5) to treat cancer. However, we know from WAPF that these forms are not as effective as the whole vitamin in say, cod liver oil which contains somewhere around 20 components I think. And the single D components by themselves are toxic. As this study mentioned: D3 to excess in human studies (D3 is the form that fortifies most commercial milk) at cancer treatment dosages creates hypercalcemia. So now D5 is being focused upon.

But if vitamin A and magnesium were also in the picture, together with natural, whole vitamin D, these toxic side effects would not happen.

I haven't come across a dosage for humans yet as far as what is effective prevention or treatment. WAPF recommends 5,000IU/D per day based on amounts in native diets. This is D fom whole food sources including CLO, and tempered by 10x that amount in whole food sourced vitamin A. (I know most everyone on this thread knows that but you know how I'm the resident fat soluble vitamin cheerleader. ).

User Tag List