DTaP given at 4 mo. and booster at 6 mo. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-19-2006, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
and the child has been sick ever since. This child is now 9 mo. old.

This was in Arizona. The doctor told the mother since they had a whooping cough outbreak the child should be vaccinated earlier than usual. So the mother permitted DTaP at 4 mo. and the booster at 6 mo.

I don't know whether at the time the child had any other vaccine. I believe she is not bf.

The child now has no fluid in her ears and has been on abx several times. She has gut issues and several other things that are going on. The mother is afraid for the child's health.

I don't know the detail. My 'very informed gf' is trying to convince her to look at vaccines and the damage they can cause. I am hoping she'll post soon.

Is there anywhere they recommend giving DTaP earlier than usual when there is an outbreak?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2006, 11:00 AM

Is that earlier than normal? We were given the DTaP starting at 2 mons (DS had it at 2 and 4 mons, but was never sick until he was 6 mons and I am now in a state of indefitinite postponement)... I think here in MA the recommended schedule has it at 2 mons with boosters at, 4 and 6 mos, then 2 more doses before kindergarten.

Mom to DS 5/05 and DD 9/08
Old 04-19-2006, 11:52 AM

yup, according to the CDC schedule, DTP is to be given at 2 months, 4 months, and 6 months, with boosters at 15-18 months and 4-6 years.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:05 PM

Gitti - the primary series consists of the first three doses.

An FYI on the boosters: some parents allow the 4th and 5th booster doses. However, if the fourth dose is given on or after the 4th birthday, then a fifth dose is not recommended.

User Tag List