a fact sheet for distribution.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-23-2006, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't stand it anymore. It's driving me bonkers.

This is the way I see it.. parents have the right to information. I see mamas all the time in the same shoes I was. "I just didn't know" ..l didn't know I didn't have to get shots.. didn't know they were dangerous.. didn't know so many many things. And I didn't know I couldn't count on my doctor to tell me these things.. or even that I needed to ask.

So, I'd like create (or use one that's already created.. I know there has to be one out there) a sheet of facts. Like a "did you know.. " sort of thing. There are literally thousands of places that I could leave these.. including, but not limited to, pediatricians offices, church bullitin boards and babies r us.. I know that as soon as a peds office discovered these in their waiting room, they'd toss them. But I just feel like if even one mama reads it and says "no way!" and starts to look into it.. it'll have been worth it.

I was thinking it would be sort of a challenge thing.. "don't believe it?.. read about it here <insert link/book>" At least, that's how it started for me. I was thinking "no way could that be ture.. my doctor said it wasn't".... but it got the wheel in motion.. got me to think, read, and come to a conclusion of my own.

If anyone is like me, they'll read it, look up a few things, find them to be true, and go "hey! if my pediatrican iddn't have something to hide, why wouln't they tell me this?!". At the very least, I'd like to get someone thinking. I personally don't care if mamas vaccinate their children.. that's not my business. But what I do feel strongly about is mamas doing so without all the information they should have.. especially when they didn't even know there was ohter information out there.

I'll stop rambling because I think you all have a similar feeling. Perhaps this will be fruitless, but it's worth a shot and i wish i'd read something, anything, that would have made me question vaxing with my first daughter.

So gimme what you've got.! Either link me to a paper i can print and distribute, or tell me what facts really hit hard and made you feel the need to investigate and some links that reference these facts well so i can make my own.

My husband wants to start a domain name on our server with the same kind of information.. I'd love suggestions for that also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2006, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippytoes26
I can't stand it anymore. It's driving me bonkers.

This is the way I see it.. parents have the right to information. I see mamas all the time in the same shoes I was. "I just didn't know" ..l didn't know I didn't have to get shots.. didn't know they were dangerous.. didn't know so many many things. And I didn't know I couldn't count on my doctor to tell me these things.. or even that I needed to ask.
Okay, but lets think about this for a while first.

1) You didn't know that you didn't know, correct?

2) If so, why do you think that others don't know that they don't know?

They might think they do know.

3) So what is the best way to design a brochure that will appeal to people who don't know they don't know?

4) And why would they believe you, when like you, they thought they should believe their doctors?

Tricky.

So lets first, talk about why it is that people don't know what they don't know, because first you have to get through that barrier.

You can't exactly say "Did you know you've been connned?"

Quote:
So, I'd like create (or use one that's already created.. I know there has to be one out there) a sheet of facts. Like a "did you know.. " sort of thing.
Check your laws. I wrote a "did you know" brochure on measles and landed up in the advertising standards tribunal because apparently you can't use the words "Did you know" in this country because it implies what you say is fact, and what they say is lies.

The Health Department brought... I think... 14 "charges" against me, and they only won 6, and those six were all related to words like "prevent" (Vitamin A prevents measles complications) can't use the word prevent coz you don't know but they can use that with regard to vaccines coz they went to med school.

And the "did you know" phrase got me.

AND... get this.... I was found guilty on the "breastmilk is the best immune system primer there is"... because I didn't put any references.

Well, as I said in my own defence throwing down a load of Health Department pamphlets making outrageous statements "Where are their references?" Oh, but that doesn't matter.

And be aware that "bodies" like these tribunals are all staffed by people who don't know they are ignorant, and bow and scrape to the Health Department like marionettes.

So if you get into a similar situation, don't expect justice, coz that only happens to people with the most money and the fanciest lawyers who work out how to play the game best.

Quote:
There are literally thousands of places that I could leave these.. including, but not limited to, pediatricians offices,
That would become dart board material pinned to the bog door.

Quote:
church bullitin boards
Given that these people are probably not only provaccine but also actively promote vaccines, how long do you think they would stay there?

Quote:
and babies r us.. I know that as soon as a peds office discovered these in their waiting room, they'd toss them. But I just feel like if even one mama reads it and says "no way!" and starts to look into it.. it'll have been worth it.
Ah! a woman after my own heart.

Oh, I'm not trying to dissuade you, after all, I've done this very thing myself...

Quote:
I was thinking it would be sort of a challenge thing.. "don't believe it?.. read about it here <insert link/book>" At least, that's how it started for me. I was thinking "no way could that be ture.. my doctor said it wasn't".... but it got the wheel in motion.. got me to think, read, and come to a conclusion of my own.
This is the problem. You have one bit of paper, and that can't be taken up by things about you, or how or why you got where you got, or else you can't give information.

Quote:
If anyone is like me, they'll read it, look up a few things, find them to be true, and go "hey! if my pediatrican iddn't have something to hide, why wouln't they tell me this?!". At the very least, I'd like to get someone thinking. I personally don't care if mamas vaccinate their children.. that's not my business. But what I do feel strongly about is mamas doing so without all the information they should have.. especially when they didn't even know there was ohter information out there. ....So gimme what you've got.! Either link me to a paper i can print and distribute, or tell me what facts really hit hard and made you feel the need to investigate and some links that reference these facts well so i can make my own.

My husband wants to start a domain name on our server with the same kind of information.. I'd love suggestions for that also.
Okay, here's an idea.

Short brochure headed:

Are you vaccinated?

How many shots have you had?

Was your great grandmother vaccinated?

How many shots did she have?

DID you know you are about to be made a needle cushion like your great grandmother was never made?

Pertussis.(whooping cough)

Your grandmother was told that X pertussis shots gave immunity for life.

Pertussis still happened, but wasn't reported because doctors didn't believe that vaccinated people could get it.

Your mother was told X pertussis shots gave immunity for life.

Pertussis still happened, but wasn't reported because doctors didn't believe that vaccinated people could get it.

We were told that 5 pertussis shots gives immunity for life.

Pertussis still happened, but suddenly it dawned on CDC that the vaccine doesn't give immunity for life and there are at least 600,000 cases every year in the USA, which is great for CDC, because ....

NOW we are told that actually, we need to have pertussis shots every 10 years until we die.

What do you think of this cradle to grave needle cushion idea?

If they got it so badly wrong back then, what else haven't they told us?

Are these vaccines really safe?

... and so on... maybe add in the pertussis decline graph from Health Sentinel to show that deaths declined way before any vaccine... CDC how have a graph like that that I have, but it only goes from about 30 years before...

then maybe you could put a book list with Kirby's book whatever...

Just off the top of my head.

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

Old 04-24-2006, 12:14 AM

I often print out stuff and "accidentally" leave it on the subway after reading it on my way to/from work. I figure that most of the time it probably just gets swept into the garbage at the end of the line, but I like to think that *maybe* someone will glance at it after they get tired of reading the ads and *maybe* it will make them curious enough to look for more information.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter

hmm.. things to think about.
I hadn't really intended to put my name on it
I really wanted to print up somthing that looked professional and not personal at all. Hell, maybe I should make it look JUST like those VIS sheets the doctors hand out so they won't look out of place at all in the waiting room .. now that would be kinda funny.

Heck, I almost want to take each one of htem and just re-word it.. like "Polio" and where it says "why get vaccinated?" I should put "why not to get vaccinated"

oh garsh.. this could be fun.. we should totally do it.

But really I was sort of thinking along the lines of

Did you know ..

There are VARES reports that link SIDS to vaccinations? (insert link)

Disease like measles, mumps, and polio were on the decline and nearly gone BEFORE a vaccine was ever mandated? (insert link)

Vaccinations are NOT mandatory? You DO have a choice and you Do have a responsibility to your children to learn about vaccinations to decide which you will get and which you will not.

Your child does NOT have to have vaccinations in order to go to school.

There are dangerous compoents such as formaldahyde and aluminum in vaccines?

That those choosing which vaccines and how many are recommended for your child are often on the phama. company payroll or have millions of dollars in phama stock?

Even when vaccines in a specific lot have been linked to a high rate of death or damage in children, they are not pulled from the market and continue to be injected?

In 1991 in colorado, three 2 month old infants died within 72 hours of their vaccinations. All three were within 3 days of each other and all three received the same vaccinations from the same lot? That lot of vaccinations was not pulled but contined to be given to other children. (insert vares reports links)

If your child is damaged or killed due to a vaccine, there is a law preventing you from suing the pharma. company? Instead, taxpayers are required to pay for a Vaccine Injury Fund

That over 172,607 adverse reactions including 2529 deaths have been reported to VARES. AND that it's estimate that reactions are under-reported by up to 90%? Consider a possible 1,726,070 adverse reactions including up to 25,290 deaths could be linked to vaccines in the past nineteen years. (provide link)

And I'd like to end with something like "Become an infomred parent. Don't make your vaccination decisions until you have ALL the facts, not just those provided by people and organizations that stand to gain financially. Read the vaccine package inserts that can be provided by your doctor and always check references for facts given by anyone, including your doctor."

I had an offer from a mama on here to send me the sheet she uses.. I can't wait to take a look at it.

I don't want an all "in-your-face" kind of thing.. just enough to make someone go "huh?" "no sh*t?"

I know that it won't start a revolution. I'm just so tired of parents just being ignorant simply because they are trusting. It's such a sad sad thing when we learn we can't trust those who are suppose to take care of us. But it's sadder that so many of us live in the dark so long and are just so willing to trust our doctor and government to look out for our best interests. Parents are being duped.. and i feel the need to at least try to throw up some red flags for them.

Amber
Old 04-24-2006, 10:49 AM

I like this idea...

did anyone ever see chick tracts? Christians buy these little tracts, folded pieces of paper with information on them and pass them out everywhere. They are easy to pass out anywhere you would go because of their size. Your idea reminds me a little of tracts I have seen. Sometimes they were in comic book form, appealing to the younger crowd. You could do a small easy to hand out comic book against vaccination....showing vaccine reactions and real life stories this way. OMG how fun would it be to put these in a church? Church people would read them because they would think they were gospel tracts.

Maybe the Babys R us ones could look like the weekly sale ad....LOL

I like the way your thinking!
Old 04-24-2006, 01:32 PM

That is a great idea. I like the OP's ideas and also MT's. Maybe you could sort of combine the two? Anyhow, if you do come up with something, will you please post a copy of it? I would love to copy it and distribute it as well if you wouldn't mind.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've wanted to get/make something (ahem, okay I admit it...EASY) to print out and distribute around town.

We're in China where it's sickening to see how they worship everything Western. the institute of Modern Medicine is even more revered than Chanel and Prada...:

Liora. Best way to reach me is FACEBOOK, search for "LioraP2". Jewish and Frum In Beijing, Mom of Three (mother of 3: #1 was vaccine injured at age 2m later dx with PDD-NOS, healed in 3 years with biomed. #2 unvaxed and healthy boy. #3 unvaxed amazing girl with Down syndrome using Targeted Nutritional Intervention (TNI) since infancy)
Old 04-24-2006, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Are you vaccinated?

How many shots have you had?

Was your great grandmother vaccinated?

How many shots did she have?

DID you know you are about to be made a needle cushion like your great grandmother was never made?

Pertussis.(whooping cough)

Your grandmother was told that X pertussis shots gave immunity for life.

Your mother was told X pertussis shots gave immunity for life.

We were told that 5 pertussis shots gives immunity for life.

Pertussis still happened, but suddenly it dawned on CDC that the vaccine doesn't give immunity for life and there are at least 600,000 cases every year in the USA, which is great for CDC, because ....

NOW we are told that actually, we need to have pertussis shots every 10 years until we die.

What do you think of this cradle to grave needle cushion idea?

If they got it so badly wrong back then, what else haven't they told us?

Are these vaccines really safe?
I'd include that line of reasoning, as well.
That was what woke me up.
And the abstract of the "flu vax doest work on the elderly" study...maybe followed by the vax waver old people have to sign when they decline flu shots that says "you're putting yourself and others at great risk of death by declining this shot".

It's such a complex issue.
Hard to figure out where to start, really...
Old 04-24-2006, 03:36 PM

Well I got to say. YOu ladies come up with something and I will hand it out in my community. I would even help pay for printing or whatever was needed!

We can make this an group project!

Homeschooling mama to 3 Italian babies. homeschool.gif  Due with #4 on Sept. 28! Planning a rockin' Homebirth. homebirth.jpg

Old 04-24-2006, 03:48 PM

I enjoy desktop publishing. If people can get me the raw information I can format it so it looks professional.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippytoes26
I don't want an all "in-your-face" kind of thing.. just enough to make someone go "huh?" "no sh*t?"

I know that it won't start a revolution. I'm just so tired of parents just being ignorant simply because they are trusting. It's such a sad sad thing when we learn we can't trust those who are suppose to take care of us. But it's sadder that so many of us live in the dark so long and are just so willing to trust our doctor and government to look out for our best interests. Parents are being duped.. and i feel the need to at least try to throw up some red flags for them.

Amber
Yes! I agree completely.
I strongly believe that if I had read something, anything (that didn't seem like total conspiracy propaganda ), I would've reconsidered trusting the Dr and fully vaxing my DD on schedule.

A little OT, but a non-vaxing friend of mine said something to DH while I was pg. He never passed anything on to me. If only they had mentioned the subject to me instead!

So good luck putting something together, and be sure to share; I know I'd definitely print flyers out and get them around town here

User Tag List