PA religious exemption form?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-09-2006, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can any of you mamas out there in PA who have any experience with the religious exemption route enlighten me on how to determine what form to use for this? Someone posted a link in another thread I read, and it's a good form but it's written like in legalese as if taken from the code but it is not the PA code, word for word, so I don't want to use it and I can't find anything in the law books about a specific exemption.

Did you make up your own, were you told to use a certain form that your daycare/school district has, or what? I need to apply for public assistance while I go back to school so I want to get something notarized, (just to have it officially covered before i go in to apply), but I can't seem to figure out what would be the proper form.

Any advice? TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2006, 12:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There is no preprinted exemption form in Pennsylanvia - you would need to submit a statement to the school/school district.

This is the PA exemption statute:
http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/02...23/s23.84.html
Old 05-09-2006, 12:43 AM

Scratch what I wrote about not having a preprinted form . . . apparently the PA religious exemption may be on the flip side of the PA Certificate of Immunization.

I can't yet locate one online - can anyone from PA (Gitti?) get a hold of this form? If not, I'll have the PA DOH send me one and find out for sure.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:48 AM

My girlfriend used this one for preschool in PA I found it somewhere online for her.

Immunization Exemption Letter

(Current Date 00/00/2004)

To Whom It May Concern:

Re: Religious Exemption

I, ___________________________________, being the legal guardian of ________________________________ object to the immunization requirements as outlined by the Department of Health of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as defined in 28 PA. CODE CH.23 on the basis of a strong moral or ethical conviction similar to a religious belief as outlined in section § 23.84 Exemption from immunization.

If you need a copy of the School Immunizations Rules and Regulations [28 PA. CODE CH. 23] for your records, I will be happy to provide you a copy.

Sincerely,

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1
Old 05-09-2006, 12:53 AM

Here's the certificate with the exemption area on the flip side: http://staff.wcasd.k12.pa.us/teacher...nformation.htm

The statement would be something like: The practice of immunization is contrary to my religious beliefs.

The date on the DOH form is 1997, so if anyone has a current form, please post. I will also get the form from the DOH to compare it.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

wow, and you're not even here in PA, LongIsland? Thanks so much!
Old 05-09-2006, 01:03 AM

The CDC has the same form, so this is definitely it: http://www2a.cdc.gov/nip/schoolsurv/...0of%20card.pdf

ETA: you can also do a separate letter, which would also be sufficent.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIsland
Here's the certificate with the exemption area on the flip side: http://staff.wcasd.k12.pa.us/teacher...nformation.htm

The statement would be something like: The practice of immunization is contrary to my religious beliefs.

The date on the DOH form is 1997, so if anyone has a current form, please post. I will also get the form from the DOH to compare it.
gollygee LongIsland, you're swell! thanks for the statement suggestion, too. i have been struggling to figure out how to answer that one and was about to just make up my own form so i didn't have to think about it anymore!
Old 05-09-2006, 10:55 AM

There is an exemption on the back of the pre-printed immunization form. My kid's daycare didn't use that form so I just wrote a letter quoting the law and then a one-line statement. The private school I worked at just used the exemption on the form. I asked the nurse if they had unvaccinated kids, she said yes and read me one of the parent's statements.

User Tag List