• 1 Post By suprgrl
  • 1 Post By Zog Has-fallen
  • 1 Post By Zog Has-fallen
  • 1 Post By Tweety_Bird

#1 of 15 Old 05-11-2006, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Forgive me if this has been discussed before. For reasons that I won't bore you with, I need to know if the Seventh Day Adventists believe in vaccination? I know that the church does take an official stand on keeping the body pure, etc. but I also think that they allow medications. If anyone knows the answer, please advise before I delve into extensive research. BTW, I have learned TONS of valuable info from everyone here! Mothering is great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 05-11-2006, 01:18 PM

If you are asking because you want a religious exemption, you do not need to specify your religious belief to anyone to use the exemption. This helps explain why:

Nearly ALL Children Can Qualify for the Religious Vaccine Exemption

http://www.mercola.com/2000/dec/10/v..._exemption.htm
Quote:
There are, I believe, 19 states that currently allow a philosophical objection to vaccinations for school admission. Thanks to the incredible groups like the National Vaccine Information Center, it is likely more states may be added. Texas is likely to make the total 20 in the near future.

However, 48 states (all but Mississippi and West Virginia) allow for a religious exemption. There has been a supreme court ruling on this issue which provides broad interpretation of the meaning of religious exemption.

A parent's religious "beliefs" are sufficient to qualify for the religious exemption. The "belief" is defined as a faith that occupies a place in their lives parallel to that held by the orthodox belief in God or any sincere religious beliefs which are based upon a power or being to which all else is subordinate and on which all else is ultimately dependent

They qualify if they believe that not giving the vaccines is what they must do to follow God's will for them in fulfilling their role as responsible parents. Their child's immune system is a creation of God and that God has given their child and that to vaccinate would violate their faith in what God created.

The parents do NOT have to be part of a recognized religious organization. You don't have to join any church, you can be any religion at all. But if they are a part of an established religion (Catholic, Protestant, Islam, etc.) they can still have their own perceptions of what it means to follow God's will which may be counter to what that organization states.

The case is established with legal precedent at the US Supreme Court level. (United States Supreme Court in Sharon Levy vs. Northcourt cases)
weisser hase likes this.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#3 of 15 Old 05-11-2006, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I asked a friend who is SDA and he said they leave it up to the individual. I stated that there is blood involved in vaccines, he said they know....

Guess Big Pharma has gotten to them, too.
weisser hase likes this.

#4 of 15 Old 05-11-2006, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
In my county, almost ALL of the doctors are Adventist. They inject children with toxins all of the time However, they all (so far) seem to be very respectful of parents that choose not to vax for personal beliefs as well. Our doc, who is SDA, doesn't do vaxes in his office anymore. If his patients want them they have to go to the health department. But he's the only doctor doing this.
weisser hase likes this.

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
#5 of 15 Old 05-11-2006, 02:44 PM

I have a close friend who is SDA and she has no problems with vaccinating her kids. I believe the church leaves it up to individual families to decide.
weisser hase likes this.
#6 of 15 Old 05-11-2006, 05:33 PM

I was raised strict SDA, and I was vaxed according to the 'normal' schedule of the time (I'm 35 now). I don't think my parents ever gave it a second thought, and I don't think the church ever gave any guidance on the subject.
weisser hase likes this.
#7 of 15 Old 05-11-2006, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for everyone's replies re: Seventh Day Adventists. I was asking because a family member (in-law) is SDA and I know that they teach that the body is a temple and no alcohol, etc. He and his wife don't have kids (yet) but they are trying and I just wanted to know for the future when I suggest to him not to vaccinate.
weisser hase likes this.
#8 of 15 Old 05-11-2006, 06:11 PM

You might be able to use the religion 'card' to help convince her.

I have brought this up with my mom - i.e. not vaxing our baby - and at first her response was concern that my child might get some horrible disease and die. Then after I went through the information/statistics I was reading, she made some comment about 'all this stuff we put in our bodies not necessarily being good for us'. She is somewhat of a health food nut, so I think she understood.
weisser hase likes this.
#9 of 15 Old 05-14-2006, 01:20 AM

Seventh Day Adventists were the driving force that lead to the antismoking campaigns in this country and the health food stores in the 1930s and forward.

I do believe they are the founding members of Loma Linda University Hospital in California.

I would think they would be strongly against vaccinations.
weisser hase likes this.
#10 of 15 Old 05-14-2006, 01:36 AM

They are a healthy bunch! My grandfather (now retired) was an MD and I am quite certain he would have given vaccines if his patients wanted them. He is a very strict SDA. It seems so ironic to me, as I was growing up, seeing my grandparents create meals from cans. They bought the Loma Linda brand "fake meat" (we called it)--not tofu... there were recreations of chicken and hot dogs, etc. long before tofurky or Smartdogs. But they LIVED off this stuff--processed food "made" for SDAs. (They were also farmers with enormous vegetable garden, too...) It has been interesting to learn about soy products not really being so very healthy after my upbringing!
weisser hase likes this.
#11 of 15 Old 05-14-2006, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am SDA. I agree that it is strange to me that the church doesn't say much about vaccinations, especially with how much a healthy lifestyle is pushed. It seems to me that most SDA's are unaware of the contents of vaccines. I know I was, and the only reason my mom was against it was because I had a strong reaction to DTP as a baby (I would quit breathing and black out). I think if most SDA's knew what was in vaccines they would most likely be against them. My grandparents (also SDA) were very anti-vax when their kids were little. I talked to them recently about the subject and they were surprisingly aware of the toxins. However, the health dept came to the school and vaxed their kids without permission.

I also get what you're saying with the fake meat.... not the most healthy stuff. The SDA church did found Loma Linda University and has hospitals and schools all over the world. However. They do learn out of pretty much the same textbooks that other dr's do, and have left the roots of natural medicine they have traditionally had. That is a whole other subject.
weisser hase likes this.
#12 of 15 Old 08-13-2017, 07:47 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitti View Post
Guess Big Pharma has gotten to them, too.
It's worse than you think. The Seventh-day Adventist leadership disseminates Zionist propaganda, is thrilled by shadow government propaganda, is slavishly devoted to pharmakeia, and nurtures and protects pan-Gnostic pseudo-Adventist pantheists.
weisser hase likes this.
#13 of 15 Old 08-13-2017, 07:51 PM

Unhappy I too am SDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprgrl View Post
I am SDA. I agree that it is strange to me that the church doesn't say much about vaccinations.
Sadly, I know that the Seventh-day Adventist church is committed primarily to serving systems of power.
weisser hase likes this.
#14 of 15 Old 08-13-2017, 09:28 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
This is a link to articles etc. regarding vaccines on the Amazing Discoveries website: http://amazingdiscoveries.org/amazin....y=0&sa=Search

Such as this article: 'Adventism’s Official Embrace of Vaccination: A Blessing or Curse?' http://pdf.amazingdiscoveries.org/Re...20Vaccines.pdf
weisser hase likes this.
#15 of 15 Old 08-16-2017, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
My sister in laws brother family is SDA and they do not vaccinate their children much to my sister in laws dismay. We dont either so I know the same judgement is directed at us. My daughter had a reaction, so that trumps their opinion of my choices.

Mama to L (7) and A (born 7/15 by VBAC)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page