Whistleblower Battles Wyeth Pharmaceuticals - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 05-12-2006, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Somebody's in trouble.

Quote:
A SOX action against a drug giant, is currently underway in a North Carolina involving Mark Livingston, a former associate director of training at a Wyeth vaccine manufacturing plant in North Carolina, who says he was fired for raising concerns that vaccine production employees were not properly trained, in violation of FDA regulations, and a consent decree previously imposed on Wyeth by the FDA.

Whatever the outcome of the case, attorneys say it will be an important decision due to the fact that it will be one of the first cases decided by a federal court under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
http://www.sierratimes.com/06/05/11/...8_30_33208.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 05-12-2006, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
In one FDA report alone, inspectors identified 59 problems.

In 2001 and 2002, Livingston says he repeatedly reported the violations to the managing director at the plant, an outside auditor, and a quality council of managers and nothing was done to correct the problems.

Livington says he was also concerned about the dangerous working conditions for employees. "I had many manufacturing technicians from 2000-2002 tell me," he said, "they did not want to work in the Prevnar manufacturing area for fear of the chemicals used in the production process, including cyanide."

"Sodium cyanide is a dangerous chemical," he says, "mix it with water and you get hydrogen cyanide, the gas of choice used in the Holocaust."

Sodium cyanide is used in the Prevnar manufacturing process, but trace amounts remain in the vaccine itself, according to Livingston.

There are in fact, he says, many toxic substances in vaccines. "Mercury, lead, aluminum, cyanide, it's not a pretty picture," Livingston warns, "for a child's immune system, for unsuspecting parents and caregivers, who are never told about the presence of these chemicals, and for employees who have to keep their mouths shut or face losing employment," he adds.
I had no idea there was cyanide in the vaccines.
#3 of 6 Old 05-12-2006, 02:09 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I read about this guy several months ago. I think at the time the courts were trying to decide whether or not he deserved protection under the act. Wyeth's lawyers were trying to claim that Sarbanes-Oxley somehow didn't apply to this case. Guess they lost. Go Mark Livingston!

#4 of 6 Old 05-12-2006, 02:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
http://www.opednews.com/articles/gen...wer_mark_l.htm

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

#5 of 6 Old 05-12-2006, 02:34 AM - Thread Starter

Huh?
#6 of 6 Old 05-12-2006, 02:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Just realised it was the same article on a different site.

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page