UNBELIEVABLE contradiction from Merck - Mothering Forums

#1 of 29 Old 06-30-2006, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, here is an excerpt from an article from back in May about Gardasil:

"Dr. Nancy ******, an FDA reviewer, cautioned that Gardasil does not necessarily protect against one or more of the four viruses in people already infected before they get the vaccine, and can increase their risk for precursors to cervical cancer."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12834187/from/RSS/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
And here is an excerpt from the Press Release my mom gave me today (She works for Merck but is now totally anti-vax )

"The ACIP stated that Pap and HPV screening prior to vaccination are not necessary. The ACIP also recommended that females can receive Gardasil regardless of whether they have or previously had an abnormal Pap test, a positive HPV test, or genital warts"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
WTF!!! Am I just reading this wrong, or did they state JUST LAST MONTH that this vax can increase your cancer risk if you ALREADY have a strain of HPV, and now they say, heck give everyone the vax regardless of whether or not we know they have HPV??? Makes me SICK!!!!!!!!!!!! :Puke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 29 Old 06-30-2006, 06:38 PM

:

That's what it sounds like to me....oh to get my hands on that whole press release. Grrrr.
#3 of 29 Old 06-30-2006, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

If you want PM me with your email and I will have my mom forward me a copy tomorrow, which I will forward to you.
#4 of 29 Old 06-30-2006, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Isn't this just the ticket. Prevent some cancer, supposedly, make some more and than charge the earth for cancer drugs.

Such unconditional altruism, no?

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

#5 of 29 Old 06-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Banned

When will ppl wake up?
#6 of 29 Old 06-30-2006, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amila
If you want PM me with your email and I will have my mom forward me a copy tomorrow, which I will forward to you.
I'd like a copy of that too please if it isn't any trouble.:
#7 of 29 Old 06-30-2006, 09:47 PM

That doesn't even make sense! No wonder they call it "the cancer vaccine"
#8 of 29 Old 06-30-2006, 10:05 PM

here is a link (it says the same thing about no need for testing so i think its waht the pp is talking about).
#9 of 29 Old 06-30-2006, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisraeltax
here is a link (it says the same thing about no need for testing so i think its waht the pp is talking about).
Thank you!
#10 of 29 Old 06-30-2006, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ugh and of course it's all over the news right now and there's even talk about making it required for school. BS!!!!!!!!
#11 of 29 Old 07-01-2006, 12:11 AM

I don't see what's unbelievable about it. It's a good business decision. It's only unbelievable if you think they actually care more about people than they do about money. Their actions are consistent with their goals.
#12 of 29 Old 07-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by insider
I don't see what's unbelievable about it. It's a good business decision. It's only unbelievable if you think they actually care more about people than they do about money. Their actions are consistent with their goals.
Why is their lies and misdeeds not newsworthy?
#13 of 29 Old 07-01-2006, 03:42 AM

Sigh, I need to call my cousin again. I already called her and warned her that 90% of the people in trials has adverse reactions and NOT to give it to her girls. Now I need to tell NOT to get it for herself becuase regardless of what they tell her just last month they said it could increase her risks.

She asked me if they would recommend it for someone who already has HPV and I told her I didn't think so. She has Kiaser and I think they like to push everything on everyone.
#14 of 29 Old 07-01-2006, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT
Sigh, I need to call my cousin again. I already called her and warned her that 90% of the people in trials has adverse reactions and NOT to give it to her girls. Now I need to tell NOT to get it for herself becuase regardless of what they tell her just last month they said it could increase her risks.

She asked me if they would recommend it for someone who already has HPV and I told her I didn't think so. She has Kiaser and I think they like to push everything on everyone.
is there a source for the 90% adverse reaction number? thanks!

Obstruct livery vehicles!

#15 of 29 Old 07-01-2006, 04:32 AM

It's in one of those other threads.. I will see if I can find it.
#16 of 29 Old 07-01-2006, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Animal and human studies have shown that aluminum adjuvants can cause brain cell death and that vaccine aluminum adjuvants can allow aluminum to enter the brain, as well as cause inflammation at the injection site leading to chronic joint and muscle pain and fatigue. Nearly 90 percent of all Gardasil recipients and 85 percent of aluminum placebo recipients reported one or more adverse events within 15 days of vaccination, particularly at the injection site. Pain and swelling at injection site and fever occurred in approximately 83 percent of Gardasil and 73 percent of aluminum placebo recipients. About 60 percent of those who got Gardasil or the aluminum placebo had systemic adverse events including headache, fever, nausea, dizziness, vomiting, diarrhea, myalgia. Gardasil recipients had more serious adverse events such as headache, gastroenteritis, appendicitis, pelvic inflammatory disease, asthma, bronchospasm and arthritis.
http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/...ource=r_health

whoah, this could cause PID? Lovely.
#17 of 29 Old 07-01-2006, 09:50 AM

Quote:
http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/...ource=r_health

Gardasil recipients had more serious adverse events such as headache, gastroenteritis, appendicitis, pelvic inflammatory disease, asthma, bronchospasm and arthritis.
Yes, it's ALL nice... Holy cow.
#18 of 29 Old 07-01-2006, 09:57 AM

. . . and Merck lumped the 320 receiving the true saline placebo in with the thousands in aluminum-containing placebo group when they compared serious adverse events . . . so you don't see how many of the 320 experienced serious adverse events apart from the aluminum-containing placebo group.
#19 of 29 Old 07-01-2006, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amila

"The ACIP stated that Pap and HPV screening prior to vaccination are not necessary. The ACIP also recommended that females can receive Gardasil regardless of whether they have or previously had an abnormal Pap test, a positive HPV test, or genital warts"
this is my biggest fear (other than the nasty ingredients): lack of PAP smears. (based on my understanding, we have about 3,500 cervical cancer deaths in the US because we have such common screening with the PAP test.) people will be given a false sense of security that this vax is going to prevent all strains of HPV and will prevent all cervical cancers. women will skip PAP tests and not find out till its too late that they have cervical cancer. but of course it wont be cervical cancer. it'll be some different cancer or some different disease that's similar to cancer but not cancer. or it will have been caused by something other than HPV.
#20 of 29 Old 07-01-2006, 01:23 PM

Gardasil recipients had more serious adverse events such as headache, gastroenteritis, appendicitis, pelvic inflammatory disease, asthma, bronchospasm and arthritis.

OKAY.
The vaccine can cause PID...that can make you INFERTILE. This vaccine can make you INFERTILE!

The other stuff....asthma...arthritis..etc...I get how a vaccine would cause those.....but why on earth would anyone accept those risks?

IT can also cause APPENDICITIS?
How the Heck? I mean really....when you think about it....how would it affect your APPENDIX??? hhhmmmm.??
Have a pro-vaxxer ask their doc how on earth a vaccine could cause appendicitis....I'd love to know the reaction/answer.

Sheesh.

CPST
#21 of 29 Old 07-01-2006, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital
Ugh and of course it's all over the news right now and there's even talk about making it required for school. BS!!!!!!!!
actually...I *almost* like this, because this is making so many MORE people question the vax issue....they managed to get the Hep B vax through withtou TOO much moral outrage, because it *can* be transmitted non-sexually....but there has been such a backlash, especially from moral conservatives, and just people in general, who don't think their young child needs a vaccine against something solely sexually transmitted. Even here at MDc, i have seen several people comment that their pro-vax family/friend/whatever is really thinking because of this new vax....!

CPST
#22 of 29 Old 07-01-2006, 04:44 PM

Silly me, I thought Chicken Pox would be a wake up for so many. Of course both my duaghters have it, not becasue I thought they should, but becuase they woldn't be allowed in school without it.

I didn't know exemptions existed in California. I have never recieved that blue card for vaxes that has the exemptions info on there like so many others say they have. I have registered my kids in 5 different schools in California and not once was I given that card. They just took a photo copy of the shot record.

Anyway it is sad to say that many will accept it becuase they don't know they have a choice. Schools mandate it and most school dont let you know that exemptions exist.

Then there are also the people who believe the other vaccines are good, yet you can't get an exemption to just ONE vax.. you have to get an exemption for them all. So they might get this one, even though they don't believe in it.. so they can get the others.

The whole sytem is loopy anyway.
#23 of 29 Old 07-01-2006, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIsland
. . . and Merck lumped the 320 receiving the true saline placebo in with the thousands in aluminum-containing placebo group when they compared serious adverse events . . . so you don't see how many of the 320 experienced serious adverse events apart from the aluminum-containing placebo group.
That is disgusting, and not science, because aluminium is so reactive... ah but then... we know they know that, so I guess they had to fudge it some more....

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

#24 of 29 Old 07-02-2006, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaInTheBoonies
Why is their lies and misdeeds not newsworthy?
Who said it wasn't newsworthy? Not me. I think everybody should know about this stuff. But it shouldn't be surprising and it's certainly not unbelievable. You'd have to be under the impression that these people really give a crap about you to be shocked by their decisions.
#25 of 29 Old 07-02-2006, 12:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by insider
Who said it wasn't newsworthy? Not me. I think everybody should know about this stuff. But it shouldn't be surprising and it's certainly not unbelievable. You'd have to be under the impression that these people really give a crap about you to be shocked by their decisions.
Sorry! I wasn't saying you, just general....like why is it less newsworthy than all the articles that are in support of this vaccine. I was agreeing with what you posted, sorry, I didn't make that very clear.
#26 of 29 Old 07-02-2006, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Analysts believe Gardasil sales could top $1 billion a year for Merck, which is battling thousands of lawsuits over its withdrawn painkiller Vioxx.

from the link in the op

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#27 of 29 Old 07-03-2006, 12:21 AM

me too please!
Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRED
I'd like a copy of that too please if it isn't any trouble.:
#28 of 29 Old 07-03-2006, 12:27 AM

This is such a risky and untested vax, it will likely eaither be pulled or revamped. I hate this vaxed, but I am confident there will be much controvery surrounding it.
Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandjess99

OKAY.
The vaccine can cause PID...that can make you INFERTILE. This vaccine can make you INFERTILE!

The other stuff....asthma...arthritis..etc...I get how a vaccine would cause those.....but why on earth would anyone accept those risks?

IT can also cause APPENDICITIS?
How the Heck? I mean really....when you think about it....how would it affect your APPENDIX??? hhhmmmm.??
Have a pro-vaxxer ask their doc how on earth a vaccine could cause appendicitis....I'd love to know the reaction/answer.

Sheesh.
#29 of 29 Old 07-06-2006, 11:20 PM

Quote:
I didn't know exemptions existed in California. I have never recieved that blue card for vaxes that has the exemptions info on there like so many others say they have. I have registered my kids in 5 different schools in California and not once was I given that card. They just took a photo copy of the shot record.
From my understanding (working at a school), you have to ask for an exemption form, or bring one yourself. It isn't something that is just offered up to everyone.

Try asking, I'd be interested in what the school said.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page