Vaccinations hard on baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-30-2006, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone! i am a newbie (actually I used to be around a bit when my older daughter was a baby but it's been a while, so I am around again with a new one- baby and account )

anyway, I was trying to find some advice on what to do about my baby- she is 8 months old and has a really tough time with each of her vaccinations. I was pretty well read on the whole vax issue with my older daughter so I try to only get the vaxs that are required for school- and only get them one at a time.

Even still, my baby just screams and screams after each of her shots (even with tylenol) She has had this reaction to all her shots so far (we refused the vit k in the hospital so she's had hib, dtap, ipv, and prevnar<-- the worst by far so I am definately not getting that one again) She is very tiny for her age - 13 lbs at 8 months and I asked the doctor if it could be a weight issue but she said they give the same dosage to all sizes of babies except for the flu shot which we don't get anyway.

Well- to the point- I am scared of getting her the rest of her shots after reading about a boy who got autism suspiciously right after the MMR shot- his mom said he always reacted very badly to vaccines. Does anyone have any information about these kinds of reactions? I don't want to be running scared of some article if the autism point is off the mark, but I'd hate to be doing damage to my baby girl.

Any advice??

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2006, 03:43 PM

My advice is this.

Stop vaccinating right now. Follow your mama instincts, they seem to be telling you that you should not vaccinate.

Then research. Learn about the diseases, find out why they occcur and how they behave. Learn about vaccinations, what's in them and how they are tested and what the possible side-effects are. Decide if it's really worth risking a side-effect from a vaccination to avoid diseases that you can treat in the event they would occur.

Do not give another vaccination until you know exactly what you are doing and you are comfortable with the consequences.

Good luck! This is an excellent place to be if you are willing to open your mind and learnn.

And Welcome to MDC!!
Old 08-30-2006, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matokate
anyway, I was trying to find some advice on what to do about my baby- she is 8 months old and has a really tough time with each of her vaccinations. I was pretty well read on the whole vax issue with my older daughter so I try to only get the vaxs that are required for school- and only get them one at a time.

Even still, my baby just screams and screams after each of her shots (even with tylenol) She has had this reaction to all her shots so far (we refused the vit k in the hospital so she's had hib, dtap, ipv, and prevnar<-- the worst by far so I am definately not getting that one again)
Screaming like you have described is indicative of brain inflamation (swelling). So everytime you get her a shot her brain is swelling and she is screaming from the pain.

Read the stickys.

For an even handed treatment of the issue I recommend "Vaccinations, A Thoughfull Parents Guide" by Aviva Romm, and "Naturally Healthy Babies and Children: A Commonsense Guide to Herbal Remedies, Nutrition, and Health" by Aviva Romm for keeping you dc healthy and treating "VPDs". Another resource is the Vaccinations board at the motheringforum (google it).

Manufacter's Inserts:
http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/package_inserts.htm

VAERS
You can search the VAERS database for reactions to recommended vaccinations. The CDC says that only %10 of vax reactions are reported. Help the CDC out and report your dc's vax reaction (fever, redness, lumps at injection site, sleepiness, continous crying, etc.).
http://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/index.html

CDC Pink Book:
http://www.cdc.gov/nip/publications/..._pink_full.htm

CDC Ingredients list:
http://www.cdc.gov/nip/publications/...nt-table-2.pdf

Another Ingredients list:
http://www.informedchoice.info/cocktail.html

Vaccines are Not Mercury-Free:
http://www.acnem.org/journal/23-2_se...nd_mercury.htm

To find out what exemptions are offered by your state (for school and such) check here:
http://www.909shot.com/state-site/state-exemptions.htm
All states except West Virginia and Mississippi offer religious and/or philosophical exemptions, and the supreme court ruled that you do not have to belong to a non-vaxing religion or have clergy sign your religious exemption.

Some basic questions to ask yourself...

What is the disease?
If my child gets it, what are possible complications?
How likely and how severe are those complications?
What should I do to prevent those complications or to properly support my child through the disease?
What is in the vaccine?
How likely and how severe are the various complications?
Can I treat those complications? If so, how?

Start making a list or packet of articles for each disease and vaccine. This then turns into a super in dept pro/con list. And it takes a lot of fear out of the equation. Use all sorts of sites and books to get your info. Identify the bias and then take that into account. You'll be surprised at how much info you can find from the CDC that (as long as you look at the info and not the conclusions) lean toward not vaxing!

Chiros are Drs?
http://www.chiropracticresearch.org/...oeduaction.htm

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
Old 08-30-2006, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would STOP all vaccinations from now on. This is a sign that she cannot tolerate the vaccines, her brain is swelling each time and you are risking a VERY severe reaction the more you vaccinate her. I would halt all vaccines now, you can use a religious exemption for school.

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

Old 08-30-2006, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Even still, my baby just screams and screams after each of her shots (even with tylenol)
FYI, vaccination + Tylenol = bad idea.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...hlight=tylenol

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...1&postcount=15

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...=MMR%2C+autism

I agree that you you immediately stop all vaxes and start researching! It sounds like your poor babe is not handling them well at all.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
Old 08-30-2006, 04:12 PM

Ill just add my vote to the stop vaccinating crowd. :
Old 08-30-2006, 04:12 PM

Quote:
I don't want to be running scared of some article if the autism point is off the mark, but I'd hate to be doing damage to my baby girl.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...=MMR%2C+autism

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
Old 08-30-2006, 04:40 PM

Hi there,

I know that is a scary place to be, wondering what to do for your little one. I feel for you.

Like your daughter, my son screamed non-stop after his vaccines. Each time I expressed concern, the doctor told me it was "normal".

After lots of research here... reading some of the books mentioned above... I learned that my son was having severe side effects from the vaccines; that in effect, they were poisoning him.

We haven't vaccinated since he was 6 months old (he's a year now) and I think it was the best decision I ever made for my child. I still worry... but I'd worry more about the effects of the vaccine than I would any of the diseases they supposedly prevent.

Like the others said, do your research. There is no reason you have to follow the ped's schedule. Take your time.

I wish you the best.

Suz, mommy to 2 chess-playing, lightsaber-wielding boys

Old 08-30-2006, 05:22 PM

Another vote to STOP.

My dd has not been vaccinated at all. We're very happy with our decision.

-Angela
Old 08-30-2006, 05:38 PM

Your child is trying desperately to get rid of the vaccines after each injection. It is affecting her brain. I would absolutely not give her another vaccine.

We have two completely unvaccinated children in our family and are very happy with that decision.

We also have one fully vaccinated autistic 9 yr. old cousin in the family.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:59 PM

Quote:
I try to only get the vaxs that are required for school

Vax's aren't required for school. You can get an exemption in all but 2 states. I believe West Virginia is one. Someone else here can tell you the other.

Please, read the links that the others have provided. Don't let her get any more shots until you do. Then, you can decide for yourself what you think is best.

ETA- Mississippi is the other state.

-chelsea dust.gif
Old 08-30-2006, 09:32 PM

It's a hard place to be! I agree with all the pp who said stop now. If you do the research and still want to continue... so be it. Read up on the diseases themselves. Once you realize that they're really not that big of a deal, you'll probably feel ok about not vaxing at all.

As for school... exemptions are the way to go. Oh... and FWIW, the vaxes you've already done shouldn't be disclosed to the school- just give the exemption in place of her incomplete vax record.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Even if you decide to vax before she goes to school, there's no reason to vax in infancy. My children received some vax between the ages of 2 and 6- and I don't intend to give them any more, since they've already fulfilled the minimum required by my state (though the ped still "recomends" more of them.)

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 08-31-2006, 02:47 AM

I was raised by a chiropractor and was never vaccinated. My two older brothers, my sister and I were all never vaccinated. It's a constitutional right to be able to control what goes into your bloodstream! Good Luck!

mama to dd (4-15-06) and
ds (2-23-09)
Old 08-31-2006, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

thanks all! I don't know how I feel about not vaccinating her completely but you are totally right with the fact that there is no reason to get them done now. maybe I will wait until she is older and see what happens.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:23 PM

Please don't just "wait and see what happens". Eventually, the doc will pressure you into more vaxes - and you'll cave; b/c the doc will try to scare/intimidate you, and you won't have the proper information to know that it's mostly a bunch of BS.

Please research the vaxes and the diseases. The archives here are chocked full of information and resources. Get yourself educated on vaccines, for your daughter's sake! Be an informed advocate for your child.

User Tag List