Forced Vaccinations ??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 09-01-2006, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I'm not sure where I have been for the past 5 years. I was doing some research on vaccinations and laws and I came across "The Model State Emergency Health Powers Act". I can't believe that this thing has been around for so long and I haven't heard anything about it!

Here are excerpts from the Act: (Note: Below you will find the full links as well as a link to each state's legislative bills relaiting to this Act.)

Boy, am I glad I moved out of NJ to PA! This really scares the heck out of me!

ARTICLE VI Section 601 Protection of persons. During a state of public health emergency, the public health authority shall use every available means to prevent the transmission of infectious disease and to ensure that all cases of contagious disease are subject to proper control and treatment.

Section 603 Vaccination and treatment. During a state of public health emergency the public health authority may exercise the following emergency powers over persons as necessary to address the public health emergency–
(a) Vaccination. To vaccinate persons as protection against infectious disease and to prevent the spread of contagious or possibly contagious disease.
(1) Vaccination may be performed by any qualified person authorized to do so
by the public health authority.
(2) A vaccine to be administered must not be such as is reasonably likely to
lead to serious harm to the affected individual.
(3) To prevent the spread of contagious or possibly contagious disease the
public health authority may isolate or quarantine, pursuant to Section 604, persons who are unable or unwilling for reasons of health, religion, or conscience to undergo vaccination pursuant to this Section.

Section 604 Isolation and quarantine.
(a) Authorization. During the public health emergency, the public health authority may isolate (consistent with the definition of “isolation” in Section 103(h)) or quarantine (consistent with the definition of quarantine in Section 103(o)) an individual or groups of individuals. This includes individuals or groups who have not been vaccinated, treated, tested, or examined pursuant to Sections 602 and 603. The public health authority may also establish and maintain places of isolation and quarantine, and set rules and make orders. Failure to obey these rules, orders, or provisions shall constitute a misdemeanor.

I also found a Table that tracks each state's legislative bills relaiting to this Act.

"Since the completion of the Model State Emergency Health Powers Act on December 21, 2001, the Center for Law and the Public’s Health has systematically tracked state legislative bills relating to the subject matter in the Act. As generally documented in our regularly-updated State Legislative Activity Table,1 thirty-eight (38) states and the District of Columbia have passed sixty-six (66) bills that include provisions from or closely related to the Act. The extent to which the Act's provisions were incorporated into each state's laws varies."

Here is a link to The Model State Emergency Health Powers Act:
http://www2.cdc.gov/phlp/docs/msehpa...owers%20Act%22

Here is a link to The Legislative Surveillance Table: (updated on July 15, 2006)
http://www.publichealthlaw.net/MSEHP...rveillance.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 09-01-2006, 06:18 PM

Forced vaccination is not going to be possible if the person refuses consent. This is why there are isolation and guarantine regulations in place to "handle" that sort of situation.

From the quote:

(3) To prevent the spread of contagious or possibly contagious disease the public health authority may isolate or quarantine, pursuant to Section 604, persons who are unable or unwilling for reasons of health, religion, or conscience to undergo vaccination pursuant to this Section
#3 of 13 Old 09-01-2006, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Long Island..

I understand that... but its this whole totalitarian concept that scares me. Its the whole "isolation and quarantine" thing. Depending on the situation, it almost sounds like imprisonment. I mean... if this legislation gets in to the wrong hands, it seems like it could be ugly.

Maybe it's just time for me to begin planning an early retirement outside of the USA.
#4 of 13 Old 09-01-2006, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsero96
I mean... if this legislation gets in to the wrong hands, it seems like it could be ugly.

That's why I've repeatedly said (in other threads) it's going to be impossible to enforce these laws. The fallout from this sort of legislation will be far worse than the effects of any potential pandemic.
#5 of 13 Old 09-01-2006, 06:40 PM

If you live in the US, you are still part of a democracy. You don't like it, meet w/your ELECTED officials. Yup, schedule a meeting. Don't vote for them if they don't stand for YOU. YOU have the power of voting them in or leaving them out. Again, democracy HERE. Believe it, live it. They should be afraid of us. We still have the power.
#6 of 13 Old 09-01-2006, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That still scares the crap out of me.
But I would gladly have myself and my family quarantined rather than injected with poisons and viruses of unknown safety.
#7 of 13 Old 09-01-2006, 09:14 PM

People should not fear their government, rather, the government should be afraid of it's people. This saying goes a long way, and is especially revelant to the current regime governing the US. That is all.

Bethany, crunchy Christian mom to Destiny (11) Deanna (9), and Ethan (2)

#8 of 13 Old 09-01-2006, 09:16 PM

I agree that jumping ship isn't the answer. Anywhere you go, you will have this problem. We have similar legislation in this country.

You have to get in their face, and make them know you are around and mean business...

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

#9 of 13 Old 09-01-2006, 10:14 PM

I was part of a campaign to try and stop this legislation from passing. I listened while they debated it on the house floor. It was SO close. Passed by 1 or 2 votes, I believe.

While working on this, I discovered a whole bunch of people who say they care about what happens in this area will not do anything to make their voice heard. If everyone who claimed that this stuff scared them would just have written a simple email, I'm pretty certain it wouldn't have passed.

That's why this stuff scares me. They push just a little, then a little more, and most people either don't know or don't care, and before you know it we all wonder what the heck happened. I think we could very easily end up with forced vax. It seems extreme, but I don't think it is if we keep heading in this direction.
#10 of 13 Old 09-01-2006, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishmama
If you live in the US, you are still part of a democracy.
Please read your history.

Our government can and will do almost anything it wants in the event of an emergency. If the government cannot force you, social pressure from your peers most certainly will.

During WWII, many people were forced to forfeit their businesses and homes to return to their homeland or be put in camps because they were foreign nationals of the enemy. Furthermore, any young man who did not submit to military conscription was considered to be insane, homosexual, or in some way crippled.

Abraham Lincoln suspended the writ of habeus corpus during the Civil War 150 years ago.

Some conspiracy theorists feel that it never was reinstated.

In any case, it can be done again. You need to be prepared.
#11 of 13 Old 09-01-2006, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caned & able
Please read your history.
And I'll say I have. There is this paper, writ on hemp......

Quote:
In any case, it can be done again. You need to be prepared.
*can* being operative word. So is upheaval another word. So is anarchy. That's why I get mouthy NOW while I still can, and then I blah blah on msg boards. I'm not afraid. I want others to share my lack of fear before we are pushed into a totalitarian gov't, is all. If you don't know your rights, you don't know what you lost.......
#12 of 13 Old 09-01-2006, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishmama
If you don't know your rights, you don't know what you lost.......
If you are not ready to enforce your rights, you were never entitled to them in the first place.

My point is that the government has in the past "taken" away our rights when it deemed it necessary. I do not think that is possible, but one should be ready for the pressure from others that tends to enforce it.

BTW, 1776 the Declaration of Independence was written on hemp. Our 1786 Constitution was not. The 1786-80 Bill of Rights followed, which is where most of our individual rights are found, and can be lost. The Writ of Habeus Corpus is in the Constitution.
#13 of 13 Old 09-02-2006, 12:35 AM

I know. I just like pluggin hemp.

My point is, I won't be bullied. Another line I like is that if you stand for nothing, you fall for anything. You can come watch me set up these meetings, if you like. Fair warning to all now-I was once waaaaaay back a telemarketer, so I know to set a firm appt for 12:05 only to show up at 11:50. They expect you at 12:05, and 12:00 if you are smart/politely early, but never 11:50 as they are leaving the room to avoid you coming.......

ETA: yes, I said tele and was talking as if in person, physically there...same premise, though.

eta again: I'm serious. I put my money where my mouth is. you can stay w/us, if needed, to prove a point. I know this sounds silly, but I'm that serious.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page