my dc DIDNT have an adverse reaction and i don't vax! weigh in! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 03:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i see this comment over and over here..that most of us here who dont vax has a dc who had an adverse reaction (im not speaking of one particular thread, so please dont talk about another thread and get this one closed).

technically, we are delaying (prob. permanently delaying for now). but i never had a dc who had an adverse reaction to any vax and my first 2 sons are fully vax'd (well, until about a year ago).

i believe that im not alone among the very knowledgable moms here who don't vax but also have never had a child with an adverse reaction.

right?
#2 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 04:00 AM
Spy

Do you mean people who used to vaccinate but stopped without having a child reacted? Or just non-vaccinating mothers who never took that chance? Or both?
#3 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 04:03 AM

My DD had an adverse reaction, but at the time the doctors told me it was normal, so I just refused the vaccine that had caused her reaction (Prevnar) and got another round of Hib and Polio 3 months later. It wasn't until after I'd already decided to stop vaccinating that I really realized exactly how abnormal and potentially dangerous it is for a 3-month-old to almost completely stop nursing, lose a couple ounces and have a fever from 103-105 for a full week in response to a vaccine. So, while DD did have a reaction, our decision to stop vaccinating (we had been doing a selective/delayed schedule) had nothing to do with that reaction. (Did I explain that well?)
#4 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 04:10 AM

I don't vax my DD, and I don't have a child that had an adverse reaction. Is that what you are looking for? I just did some research and trusted my intuition.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#5 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter

i just mean ppl who are here, are chosing not to vax, but did not make the choice b/c THEIR child had an adverse reaction, which is a claim i see stated over and over on this forum.

i believe (dont know if its true or not) that there are many here who chose not to vax but do it b/c they have researched the issue, have learned what the risks/benefits are and have chosen not to vax.

i dont believe the decison not to vax is any easier if your own child has had an adverse reaction, i would just like to bust the myth that most of us are "only" here b/c our child had a reaction.

does that make sense in my very late world???
#6 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 04:17 AM
Spy

I'm in, then With two unvaccinated children.
#7 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 04:20 AM

Un vaxed and nothing to do with vax reactions.
#8 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisraeltax View Post
i believe (dont know if its true or not) that there are many here who chose not to vax but do it b/c they have researched the issue, have learned what the risks/benefits are and have chosen not to vax.

i dont believe the decison not to vax is any easier if your own child has had an adverse reaction, i would just like to bust the myth that most of us are "only" here b/c our child had a reaction.

Well then, I still fit your criteria. I stopped vaccinating because I researched the issue. Our decision had nothing to do with her reaction, as it was a reaction to one specific vaccine, which we simply didn't give the next time around and we had no serious reaction the next time. We could just as easily have decided not to continue with that particular vaccine, but we researched and decided not to vaccinate at all.
#9 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 05:51 AM

No vaxed children here.
#10 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 06:00 AM

I don't have kids yet (so no reaction : ) and I'm tending not to vax. But I'm not done researching yet.
Basically, I'm 99,9% sure I won't vax (and if I do, it'll be delayed and selected) because vaxes seem to be unnecessary, the vax companies not honest, and there aren't enough studies to assure me that vaxes are safe.
#11 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 06:18 AM

We were already delayed/selective prior to my dd's reaction. And we've decided not to give vaxes that are unrelated to the one she reacted to too. So I think we partly fit. I was already researching and had concerns about vaxes prior to her being born. So while her reaction was the last straw, it wasn't the starting point for my questions & research if that's what you're wondering....

My reason was because a friend wasn't doing any vaxes and I set out to find research that proved her concerns wrong. : Surprise surprise, I ended up agreeing with her after looking at a lot of info.
#12 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 09:16 AM

My son had 3 vaccines before we decided not to vax anymore. I thought the third dose made him kind of sick, fwiw, he had these long coughing spells and was throwing up and just wasn't himself for about 24 hours. But you know that the vaccine couldn't have caused that, it was just a coincidence . Anyway our choice not to vaccinate further really had nothing to do with that specific incident, and everything to do with the research we had been doing along the way regarding safety and efficacy.
#13 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 10:00 AM

I fit. DD was vaxed until age 4. I stopped thereafter and with DS. His Doc immediately aid "MMR does nto cause autism." Iremembering thinking, then saying " Ido not choose not to vax b/c of a fear of autism."But I will admit as I learned more I started to wonder about alot of things that happened to DD. Including her HSP, which there was so little on the internet about when she got it-and digging here one day I pulled up the vrivax insert only to see it listed asa potential reaction. I am not sure it was related, but interesting and eye opening nonetheless!
#14 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 10:26 AM

Quote:
i see this comment over and over here..that most of us here who dont vax has a dc who had an adverse reaction
right?
#1 is partially vaxed, no immediate noticeable reaction and we no longer vax.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#15 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 11:22 AM

No known reactions here so far, and DS1 is fully vaxed for a 2 yr old and DS2 had only 3 shots... but no more.

I'm here because I had a feeling vax's weren't totally natural and there are more ingredients than just the disease. I don't like the idea of routinely injecting some odd amount of toxins into my son when I know we live in a toxic world as it is. I want to protect my boys from further toxins, not have a schedule to give them more.
#16 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 11:28 AM

I fit as well. Both of my older daughters are fully vaxed (well, almost - neither of them got their MMR boosters, because I'd finally done my research).

DS and DD3 are both completely unvaxed. To be honest, I always knew vaccinations carried a risk, and they scared me - but I bought into the official line that they were necessary, the diseases were scarier, etc., etc.

When I had DS (and I had a gut feeling that a boy was more likely to react to vaccinations), I finally did my research. And stopped vaccinating.

But we never had a serious vaccine reaction with either of my two older girls.
#17 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I have two unvaxed and one partcially vaxed who didn't have any serious vax reactions, she did react to the first and second dose of the DTP (inconsolable for two or three hours) though.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#18 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
DS and DD are both unvaxed.

However, my first cousin (22 years younger than me) had a vax reaction.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#19 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 12:42 PM

No vaccines for dd, so no reactions.

However I had reactions to tetanus.

-Angela
#20 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 12:47 PM

No vaxes for ds, so no reactions.
#21 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 12:59 PM

I've never vacinated a child, but like many more of us than that, I've been vacinated myself, both before and after it became my decision. I don't do it any more, though. I did do anti-D, with some trepidation, after making that decision, but that's not a vaccination.

I'm not horrifically opposed to immunization ... after all, I've done planned chicken pox exposure for my childen. I do think they have a *lot* of kinks to work out before immunization through vaccination is probably more generally healthful than harmful for most children. Does that make sense?
#22 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 01:08 PM

No vaxes, no reactions here. Just the good fortune to have started thinking about it beforehand.
#23 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
No reactions here. I started reading about vaccinations before DS was born and wasn't comfortable with it.

Mama to Marcus (1/05) and Arianna (3/10). hbac.gif

#24 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 01:28 PM

We started doing research while I was pregnant with dd, and decided before she was born that we would not vaccinate.

Just a modifiedartist.gif trying to find some peace and regain my balance.
#25 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 01:41 PM

ds never had a reaction (vaxed to 12 mos.), but my gut kept telling me to research before the MMR shot (not because i'd heard MMR=autism, but because i KNEW the MMR shot was what caused my miscarriage, and it scared me).

that's when i found this forums and did my reading. no vaxes since.

successful #2 Jan. 25th - welcome Maisie Elise!
#26 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 01:57 PM

Quote:
i just mean ppl who are here, are chosing not to vax, but did not make the choice b/c THEIR child had an adverse reaction, which is a claim i see stated over and over on this forum.

My oldest two are fully vaxed. Matter of fact.. dd#2 had K vaccines 6 months before dd#3 was born. In those 6 months I learned a lot about vaccines and stopped vaxing altogether. dd#3 has never had a vax. We have never had an adverse reaction.

(of course I still swear the HepB is why dd#1&2 lost all their hair at six weeks old.)
#27 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 02:03 PM

Quote:

I so regret having my first son almost fully vaxed on a delayed schedule. No adverse reactions but such an unnecessary exposure.

When I was pg, I had a student who won a settlement due to vax & that started my research. Obviously, it took a couple of years to swear off most vax entirely.
#28 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No vaxes, no reactions here either. I started researching when PG with DS and it just didn't feel right. Little did I know at the time how deep this rabbit hole goes.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#29 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Banned

My siblings and I were never vax'd and we never vax'd our children.
#30 of 68 Old 09-24-2006, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

wow! this is interesting! certainly discredits the argument that MOST of us are here b/c our dc had an adverse reaction to vax's (of course, i feel very sad for those who came here initially b/c of an adverse reaction...certainly not meaning to take anything away from those mamas).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page