I am another "cannot decider" on the vaccine decision. My son has his 6 month check up in two days and his Pediatrition is going to ask if I have decided if I am vaccinating again.
I was concidering the Meningitis vaccine because of how deadly the disease is, but after reading on the CDC website they state that the "safety and effectiveness has not been established on children 2 years and younger" and that "More than half of the cases among infants aged <1 year are caused by “type B,” for which no vaccine is available in the United States." My son's pediatrition told me that getting the Meningitis vaccine combined with the DTaP vaccine it makes it "more effective". I cannot find any info to support her statement on the CDC website, so I don't know if that is total BS or not.
My son's ped is a very nice women. She has not given me any trouble so far with non-vax. She even went as far to say that passing the polio, and MMR were no big deal. She is pro-extended breatfeeding and attachment parenting ideas. I like her alot, she has been the best Pediatrition I have met at her practice so far.
So I guess I am having trouble deciding if I want to trust her judgement, or wait until my son it older. I dislike these decisions between risking your child having a reaction or permanemt damage or getting the disease and having the same or worse outcome.
When does this decision become easy?