Vaccine For Melanoma - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-26-2006, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just watching the evening news and they were talking about a vaccine in development for melanoma. It has been used, this far, with great success in dogs and is currently undergoing trials in humans.

I have a history of multiple melanoma (3-4 major surgeries, numerous minor biopsies). My question is, would ya'll consider a vaccine for a condition that yo HAVE (as opposed to getting an injection for a disease that you may or may not contract).

I wouldn't give the vaccine to my children but would consider getting it for myself, if the science was sound and the efficacy was reasonable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 10-26-2006, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The same as with any other medical treatment, you need to weigh the risks and benefits for you personally. There's a HUGE difference between making a vaccine available for those who choose to use it, and requiring it for everybody.

I would certainly consider getting that specific vaccine if I was in your situation, just as I'd look into every possible treatment and preventative- nutrition, herbs, etc.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19 (in Israel for another school year), Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 12(homeschooled)
#3 of 4 Old 10-27-2006, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen_monster View Post

My question is, would ya'll consider a vaccine for a condition that yo HAVE ..
Personally NO. I truly believe they don't know what they are doing with those vaccines. It is apparent with all the modern diseases we have since mass vaccination. Diseases we never heard of before and the rise of diseases that only affected a minority in the pre-vaccine era, are now abundant.

What if the vaccine caused liver damage? Liver testing is not done before bringing vaccines on the market.

NO I would absolutely NOT.
#4 of 4 Old 10-27-2006, 01:41 PM

Quote:
My question is, would ya'll consider a vaccine for a condition that yo HAVE (as opposed to getting an injection for a disease that you may or may not contract).
I have Lyme disease and have suffered from it but would discourage people from getting a vax. (I think it was pulled off the market anyway!)

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page