My ped is really pushing the pertussis vax (and all the other lovelies that come with it) because my ds was born 10 weeks prematurely and theortically has an even more immature immune (less mature?) system than your typical newborn. She had me wavering a bit after our last discussion (yes, I talked about immunizations with her, stupid, I know) but my gut says no and a little more research about vaccinations just reconfirmed my original no-vax position. So now that I've decided not to do it, I'm still a little fearful because I don't know how to treat my ds, who's about 3 weeks adjusted, if he were to get it. I'm not so concerned about dh or ds#1 who is 2 1/2 and unfortunately, fully vaxed to this point. I've read the pertussis threads and feel comfortable with treating kids or adults but it can be so serious in an infant that I'd feel better if I had some sort of reassurance for treatment. Anyone out there help me with some info? TIA
BTW, Ds is breastfed and is recieving infant probiotics. I think I have a candida problem/leaky gut symptoms which are affecting him through my milk. I'm in the very beginning stages of treating it but am concerned that this could also weaken both our immune systems.