How many MDC'ers do not vaccinate? How many do? Take this poll !!! - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Do you vax?
No, we have stopped vaxing OR never vaxed at all 1,197 58.82%
Yes, we vax selectively 113 5.55%
Yes, we *fully* vax, but on a delayed schedule 96 4.72%
Yes, we vax on a selective AND delayed schedule 288 14.15%
Don't have children yet, but will NOT vaccinate 39 1.92%
Vax, but thinking about stopping altogether 55 2.70%
Yes, we fully vax and on schedule 247 12.14%
Voters: 2035. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
NOTE: If you previously vaccinated, but have now stopped, please use the first choice.
This a private poll.

I thought would be interesting to get an idea just how many MDC'er do not vaccinate, how many are selective, delayed . . . or both.

If you think this thread may interest other forums, post a link so that we can get a good turnout. From time to time we can bump up this thread to get those who may not have seen this thread.

Thank you for participating.
#2 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 06:41 AM

My dd is almost totally vaxed ds got his last shots at 4mo then I found here and found out it was not illegal to not vax. I was royaly po'ed that I was never informed of this. As I would not have gotten any vax for either kid. I am just thankfull I found mdc and found out the truth.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 09:52 AM

Hard for me to vote - my first two are fully vaxed, my little one is partially vaxed.
#4 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmace View Post
Hard for me to vote - my first two are fully vaxed, my little one is partially vaxed.
You would vote by what you are currently doing, regardless of whether your children are previously vaxed.

How do you vax right now?
#5 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 10:10 AM

Just want to add that I used to vaccinate my children according to the schedule, but back in 1984, that was less than 1/2 the vaccines/doses required by today's children.

My first two are considered fully vaxed,

my 3rd didn't get the K "boosters"

my 4th stopped after the 6 month round (bout killed him)

my 5th is unvaccinated.
#6 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 10:22 AM

None here.
#7 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 10:24 AM

Quote:
You would vote by what you are currently doing, regardless of whether your children are previously vaxed.

How do you vax right now?
Gotcha! Thanks - not enough caffeine so far this morning for my brain to function properly!
#8 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 11:26 AM

I no longer vax.I was told with my dd that I absolutly had to,if I didn't CPS would take her away.: She was vaxed until 2.5 years(no Prevnar,but she did have cp ),when I found out I didn't have to vax.She will never have another.Ds has had only one vax,a hep b,forced in the hospital.I had to fight CPS to keep him not vaxed.He has heart defects and the vaxes have never been tested in kids like him,and I just could not do it.I could not risk his life.

Student mama to one awesome,talented and unique dd,15 and one amazing, sweet and strong ds,12(born with heart defect Tetralogy of Fallot,also on the autism spectrum),9 cats,and 2 gerbils.
#9 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 11:27 AM

DS1 was vaxed to age 2, is now 7 and has not had a vax since.
DS2 and DS3 have never had a vax and never will, and neither will any future children.
#10 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 11:29 AM

DD#1 was vaxed until age one but I did not allow them to start the MMR. DD#2 is vax free.
#11 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 11:34 AM

It would be interesting to see what MDC'ers as a whole do. But I think this poll in the Vaccinations Forum will be heavily skewed towards non vaxers, don't you think? Vaxers, even those who selectively or delayed vax don't post here often for obvious reasons.
#12 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 11:41 AM

Ds#1 fully vaxed till age 4 (I think that was the last shot he *needed* for school) He is 8 now.

Ds#2 had up to 4 months. He is 3 now.

Ds#3 had only Hep B shot after birth and none since then. He is 2yo now.
#13 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 11:43 AM

I vaxed my older 2 and then i got pertussis when i was pregnant with #3. When I began researching to see if having pertussis would harm my unborn baby I came acroos enough information about vaccines and the diseases they are made for that I made the decision NOT to vax any further ..... not my kids, not me ....
#14 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat View Post
It would be interesting to see what MDC'ers as a whole do. But I think this poll in the Vaccinations Forum will be heavily skewed towards non vaxers, don't you think? Vaxers, even those who selectively or delayed vax don't post here often for obvious reasons.
I agree--I think you would get more representative results if you only posted it in Life with a Baby or the Toddler forums.
#15 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 12:58 PM

1st and 2nd are partially vaxxed. Started researching when my 3rd was born and he is completely vax free and will be unless he decides as an adult he would like to be vaccinated. #4 will be the same as #3

I only wish I had looked into this BEFORE having children, I have a lot of guilt about it now because I honestly tried to inform myself about sooo many issues before having babies but somehow skipped this majorly important one.

I added the poll to my siggy so maybe that will bring more votes.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#16 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 01:18 PM

We do not vaccinate at all. DH and I are considered fully vaxed (childhood vaxes - no boosters for about 20 years). DS is not and will not be vaccinated - unless he chooses to vax himself when he is older.

I posted a link to the poll in the Nutrition forum. I'm curious about mamas who are very picky about what their family eats, what goes into their bodies orally, but may not know (or care because they think vaccines do more good than harm) that vaccines are full of toxins...

And I like Drummer's Wife's idea of adding it to the siggy... I think I will follow suit!

Melissa
#17 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 01:23 PM

My lo had his 2/3/4 month vaccines plus a single measles vaaccine at 15 months. Then I found out about vaccines. He will never have another vaccine and any future children will be vaccine free.
#18 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 01:25 PM

NAK - no vax here.
#19 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 01:25 PM

I checked the fully vaccinate and on schedule. We didn't actually vaccinate for chicken pox, so I don't know if I checked the right box.

My crew all got chicken pox the old fashioned way.

Rebecca wife of Megan...moms to six crazy kiddos! Seth (15), Madison (13), Zachary (12), Trevor (12), Alex (10), and Nicholas (9)
#20 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat View Post
Vaxers do lurk on this forum and since posting several polls throughout the MDC community wouldn't be a good idea for various reasons, I'm hoping those that use the "New Posts" function will see this thread and take the poll as well, not just the regulars and lurkers in the Vax Forum.

If anyone wants to link up the forum in other threads - by all means. That would definitely get some more people participating.
#21 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 02:09 PM

I checked "no vaxes at all or stopped entirely". I started researching vaxes while I was pregnant with my first dd, and from that research I decided to vax on a delayed schedule, with no vaxes until age 2, and omitting some vaxes that I though were uneccessary or dangerous. However, our family tends to have very weird recations to medical stuff, and somehow I just couldn't bring myself to be okay with vaccinating my daughter. I just felt like, in the back of my mind, that it wouldn't be good for my kids, given the way our bodies work. I just couldn't. My own body isn't very strong when it comes to filtering stuff, and I mean that, as I can't even have a drink of wine without feeling like I am going to pass out(literally!). I caved once, and gave my dd the DTP shot at an ER visit for a deep cut in her foot, because she got it outside and I was scared. DD was 4 at the time, and a day or so later, she got pretty lethargic and had a fever, and vomited. I can't explain it, but I just *knew* she would have a reaction. With dd#2, she seems to be even more sensitive, and may have celiac disease, a darily allergy, and is slightly develpmentally delayed. Based on that and our family history, I have decided not to vax at all, at this time. I am still doing research, and my mind is open definately to learn knew things, but at this time, vaccinating isn't something that I feel comfortable with.

Bethany, crunchy Christian mom to Destiny (11) Deanna (9), and Ethan (2)

#22 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 02:14 PM

I voted selectively - only because my first was vaxed delayed and selectively from age 1-3.

My youngest is not (nor ever will be) vaxed.

Molly, mama to my 3 sweet boys.
: : hale:
#23 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 02:14 PM

Don't have children yet, but will NOT vaccinate

Shelby
#24 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My kids have the bare minimum "required" by the health dept for school attendance, all vaccines delayed til preschool age. They don't have all the vaccines the ped "recomends."

I'm still undecided about what to do if the health dept adds anything to the schedual, since NYS doesn't have a philosophical exemption and religious schools don't have to accept religious exemptions.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12
#25 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 02:16 PM

I vaccinated my son from birth - 15 months and then did the chicken pox at 18 months. I stopped there. I had joined MDC right around then, and decided to stop until further notice.

My daughter has not had one single injection nor oral dose of anything.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#26 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_rain View Post
I voted selectively - only because my first was vaxed delayed and selectively from age 1-3.

My youngest is not (nor ever will be) vaxed.
You should have used the first response, since you have "stopped all vaccinations."
#27 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 02:43 PM

My oldest is fully vac'd. : My youngest was selectively vac'd until 18 months and won't be getting anymore. Future children won't be vac'd.
#28 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnBreeze View Post
I vaccinated my son from birth - 15 months and then did the chicken pox at 18 months. I stopped there. I had joined MDC right around then, and decided to stop until further notice.

My daughter has not had one single injection nor oral dose of anything.
I noticed you put "Other" in your response. If you didn't vote, you would use the first response, "stopped all vaccinations."
#29 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 02:50 PM

#30 of 469 Old 11-09-2006, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
I noticed you put "Other" in your response. If you didn't vote, you would use the first response, "stopped all vaccinations."

Oh! I see it now! Thanks!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page