Combo Vaccines Hurting Ped's Profits? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 4 Old 11-09-2006, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter
 
LongIsland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 11,712
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.pediatricnews.com/article...12851/fulltext

Fewer administration fees and a decreased profit from the Pediarix vaccine itself were the most common reasons for decreased revenue (69% and 51%, respectively), and 74 practices had raised or planned to raise fees to recoup their losses.

Some practices simply charged more for the vaccine—23% of practices charged payers more for the vaccine, while 12% charged patients more for it. In addition, 16% of practices charged payers higher administration fees, 9% charged patients higher administration fees, 7% charged payers more for office visits, and 3% charged patients more for office visits.
LongIsland is offline  
#2 of 4 Old 11-09-2006, 10:18 AM
 
dooldad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NM
Posts: 214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nice. Because they aren't making as much money on the combo vaccine, some practices are charging everyone more money for office visits. Some practices won't order it because they lose money, but vaccines aren't about money.

Have to save this one for those who say it can't be about the money.
dooldad is offline  
#3 of 4 Old 11-09-2006, 10:31 AM
 
aira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: missing the Grandmother Lodge
Posts: 3,125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
'Nother reason not to go.
aira is offline  
#4 of 4 Old 11-09-2006, 01:05 PM
 
HeatherHeather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 886
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Be careful using this article - it actually says that the combo vax doesn't hurt profits - only 11% of peds polled said that it did. The other 89% said it didn't hurt practice profits. Although, that could be because they raised their price.
HeatherHeather is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off