Totally Confused - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-12-2006, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been reading up on vaccinations, and I'm preety sure I don't want to give them to my DS (he'll be 2 months on the 20th). But I've been reading that in order to have a good immune system you need to have good nutrition. I have never been a vegetable or fruit type of person, so its difficult for me to stomach even 1 serving each per day. Would it be better for me to vaccinate in this situation? Also, DH works in a hospital, are my children more at risk if they aren't vaccinated? Sorry if this is a stupid question
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2006, 12:32 AM

Go read the "When Should A Perosn Vaccinate" thread that is going on right now in this forum. Vax can further damage your immune system and puts chemicals into your body. Noone needs that.

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

Old 11-13-2006, 12:41 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Well that's a terrible attitude!
You can find healthy stuff you like. Eggs are actually healthy. Do you like eggs? A Banana dipped in peanut butter? You don't have to live on carrots and sprouts. Even homemade potatoes and broccoli au grautin with lots of cheese on top has lots of nutrition.
You can do it!

To answer your question, if you're bf'ing and your baby's not in day care, I think your diet can be pretty bad and you'll still be ok.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes0506 View Post
I've been reading up on vaccinations, and I'm preety sure I don't want to give them to my DS (he'll be 2 months on the 20th).
Good for you and good for him. He'll be much healthier because of it.

Quote:
But I've been reading that in order to have a good immune system you need to have good nutrition.
Health begins and ends with what you eat. There is not two ways about it. And the healthier your nutrition, the healthier you will be. That is overall health, not just your immune system.

Quote:
I have never been a vegetable or fruit type of person, so its difficult for me to stomach even 1 serving each per day. Would it be better for me to vaccinate in this situation?
To inject poisons into the body will not ever make that person healthier. It can not do that even under the best circumstances. Poisons damage the body and will have to be gotten rid of again.
A healthy body may be able to handle the poisons better than a malnourished body. That's why it makes absolutely no sense to vaccinated a child in Africa any more than a child in the US.

Quote:
Also, DH works in a hospital, are my children more at risk if they aren't vaccinated? Sorry if this is a stupid question
My son in law works in the ER every single day and comes in contact with all sort of people. He is an ER doc. He probably is pretty good about washing his hands at work (I hope), but when he into the door, the first thing he does is hug and kiss his kids. Every day. That is the very first thing he does. Then his wife makes him was his hands....
Old 11-13-2006, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakay View Post
... if you're bf'ing and your baby's not in day care, I think your diet can be pretty bad and you'll still be ok.
See, I personally think that kids who are in day care or are bottle fed should also not be vaccinated. Especially not then. Why give them an additional whammy to their less than perfect surroundings.

Vaccines are poisons no matter what and can not make anyone healthier. They can only inflict additional damage.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakay View Post
You can find healthy stuff you like. Eggs are actually healthy. Do you like eggs? A Banana dipped in peanut butter? You don't have to live on carrots and sprouts. Even homemade potatoes and broccoli au grautin with lots of cheese on top has lots of nutrition.
You can do it!

To answer your question, if you're bf'ing and your baby's not in day care, I think your diet can be pretty bad and you'll still be ok.
I try my hardest to eat well. Seriously, all fruits and vegetables taste bitter to me. The only way I can eat vegetables is if they're smothered in butter or cheese, but I guess you're right, thats better than no vegetables. I'm a SAHM and I breastfed all of my kids, so I guess we're ok here.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:24 AM

Butter and cheese are perfectly acceptable foods. Try to get butter and cheese from pastured animals. Kerrygold butter is from pastured cows, as are Organic Valley butters and cheeses. Kerrygold is available at most grocery stores in the deli section or wherever they keep the "fancy" cheeses. Organic Valley is available at most health food stores. Dairy from pastured animals is full of vitamins and minerals. And fat is not something to be afraid of at all - it's good for you and your breastfed baby. Plus, the fat in dairy from pastured animals is a much better fat - it's higher in Omega 3's, so it's good for the brain. So go ahead and smother those veggies in butter and cheese.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:40 AM

My partner before she became pregnant stuck to a mostly vegeterian diet,There were many foods she wouldn't eat but during her pregnancy and beyond she's eating the works,from organic meat,liver on toast,kefir,CSY and the list goes on and on.
Givin the little fella the best start in life.

My advice would be to get those fruits and vege's into ya and if it means covering them in butter then so be it.

Good luck

User Tag List