Artherosclerosis vaccine, anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-01-2007, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medi...p?newsid=59366

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2007, 11:15 AM

you know every time I turn around there is a new vaccine for something!!! It is insane!!!

"....in a mouse model"
Old 01-01-2007, 12:56 PM

And people wonder why we have an obesity epidemic. : Go ahead, keep on eating those happy meals every day, chomp on steak every night for dinner, and if you get overweight and unhealthy and heart-disease ridden, it is ok! You don't have to eat better or exercise because we have a vaccine for that now! UGH!

Amy

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
Old 01-01-2007, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amila View Post
And people wonder why we have an obesity epidemic. : Go ahead, keep on eating those happy meals every day, chomp on steak every night for dinner, and if you get overweight and unhealthy and heart-disease ridden, it is ok! You don't have to eat better or exercise because we have a vaccine for that now! UGH!

Amy
Ex-freaking-actly : .

Artherosclerosis has been an issue in my family . This is terrifying. How much more abuse can the human body endure? Don't take the time to put in the work to try and be as healthy as possible, take this pill/shot/whatever .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

Old 01-02-2007, 01:56 AM

Quote:
The injection of this fragment (a procedure called active immunization) triggered the production of antibodies, which determined the reduction of the atherosclerotic lesions up to 70% and the stabilization/regression of the plaques.
What exactly are those antibodies supposed to attack in the atherosclerotic lesions? The lesions are not made up of ONE component, are they?
Old 01-02-2007, 02:57 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Sounds like a very bad idea to me. Intentional autoimmunity?
And I'm sure that the 2 week post licensing study will scientifically prove that there's nothing adverse or unexpected that's going to happen there.

User Tag List