What exactly is their justification for having to give hep b at birth? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 03-24-2007, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you want to refuse the shot at birth in the hospital make sure there is someone to guard the baby when they are taken to the warmer for the initial exam.I had signed the decline form and put it in my birthplan and told them when I was admitted for my induction that DS wasn't to get the shots.He was whisked away and they got so caught up in their routine that he was given the Hep shot, the nurse just said whoops!Make sure you have a baby guard!

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 03-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersmom View Post
If you want to refuse the shot at birth in the hospital make sure there is someone to guard the baby when they are taken to the warmer for the initial exam.I had signed the decline form and put it in my birthplan and told them when I was admitted for my induction that DS wasn't to get the shots.He was whisked away and they got so caught up in their routine that he was given the Hep shot, the nurse just said whoops!Make sure you have a baby guard!
Yes, make sure it's someone's primary purpose that baby isn't injected.

Our newborn was in bed with me the whole time, ensuring that no vaxs were given, and HepB still showed up on our hospital bill.
#33 of 34 Old 03-25-2007, 10:23 PM

they dont have to have your consent to do anything once you sign that consent to treat form. that gives them the comnsent to do anything they deem necessary... which is why i flat refused it when i had my son. this is something state mandated "have to" so they dont have to ask. te only reason they have to give you a form for refusal is if you already have refused it.

also, i DID NOT let him go anywhere, period.
he stayed in my arms almost the entire time i was there unless i was in the bathroom- then he was in his bassinet- in the bathroom with me. ence why he never got the hearing test or hospital pics. they aid i couldnt go, so he didnt get them, they tried to guilt me into both, but i knew he could hear, and as far as the pics go well...i just dont have any "professional" ones from the hospital. better than taking the chance, imo.
#34 of 34 Old 03-26-2007, 03:36 AM

I didn't do it with my 2nd because I read that one of the risks is death and it is unneceassary. I have a hard enough time worrying about sids and everything that could possibly happen that I could not handle any more risk. I did however do it as well as everything else with my first since I was so uneducated on the subject.

I had decided to start vaxing my daughter and gave her her first rounds at 6 months and felt HORRIBLE I just kinda waited for my baby to get ill or worse. Luckily she did not. I just cannot continue with this anymore.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page