Vax Schedules From Other Countries - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 06-30-2007, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted this in the other thread, but thanks Izobelle and Mamakay for reposting this link:

http://www.euvac.net/graphics/euvac/...ccination.html

It is a huge help to see the different schedules and to see such variety. I have tried to find such a listing but hadn't found one. This is great.

What I like about seeing this is if the science of vaccinations is a 100% sure thing, the conclusions for a schedule reached by any country would be the same more or less. I know that you need to account for different economies and overal diseases but some of these countries have alot in common and yet they have such different schedules from what they include to when they begin it and to the number of doses.

I pretty much came to the conclusion of following a schedule somewhat like Denmark. Coming up with it on ones own seems a "lonely" thing. But to see that another country is doing something similar seems alot less lonely.

Still not 100% decided of even vaccinating, but I feel that I could easily say "oh, I am following denmark's schedule" and feel a sense of confidence Sounds dumb I suppose.

But reading the WHO report that was also posted in that thread (is government making us sick) was really depressing. I knew that we were down there in numbers as far as infant mortality but had no idea we were down there in so much more.

I would love other "thinking points" to keep in mind when looking at other countries' schedules. Even Denmark's.
#2 of 13 Old 06-30-2007, 03:18 AM

We are going to do a couple delayed vax's once ds is 2 yrs old.
I agree that Denmark's schedule looks good as does Icelands.
I don't think I'd follow either one exactly though, but we are doing selective vax's

Why isn't Canada up there?

Dawn

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

#3 of 13 Old 06-30-2007, 04:32 AM

What the heck is this vaccine :

BCGBacillus Calmette-Guérin vaccine

Mama to my spirited J, and L, my homebirth: baby especially DTaP, MMR (family vax injuries)
#4 of 13 Old 06-30-2007, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericswifey27 View Post
What the heck is this vaccine :

BCGBacillus Calmette-Guérin vaccine
tuberculosis
#5 of 13 Old 06-30-2007, 08:32 AM

I wonder if they're going to add the tuberculosis vax to the US schedule after that airplane passenger incident.

Canada is not there because it only lists the countries in the EU.
#6 of 13 Old 06-30-2007, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudswinger View Post
I wonder if they're going to add the tuberculosis vax to the US schedule after that airplane passenger incident.
Nah. The reason it isn't used in the US isn't lack of market... it's because it's TERRIBLY reactive and dangerous. AND if you use it, you can't use TB testing any more.

-Angela
#7 of 13 Old 06-30-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegna View Post
Nah. The reason it isn't used in the US isn't lack of market... it's because it's TERRIBLY reactive and dangerous. AND if you use it, you can't use TB testing any more.

-Angela
And it doesn't appear to work.

I can't believe I actually agree with the ACIP about something.
#8 of 13 Old 06-30-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
I would love other "thinking points" to keep in mind when looking at other countries' schedules. Even Denmark's.
Like I've said before, I'm not going to argue against the DTaP, since I can see why someone would want it, in spite of all it's issues.

Why are you wanting to get Hib?

What's your thinking on IPV?
#9 of 13 Old 07-01-2007, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Leopard View Post
tuberculosis
aha! thanks.

Mama to my spirited J, and L, my homebirth: baby especially DTaP, MMR (family vax injuries)
#10 of 13 Old 07-01-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudswinger View Post
That was the only vaccine ever to be tested against a 'true placebo' iow, unvaccinated people.

Vaccinated people came down with more TB than unvaccinated.
It offered "0" protection.

The study was done in India and it was broken off early because of the treacherous outcome that was seen way ahead of completing the study.

The results were published. That was 20 some years. Some countries are still pushing the BBC vaccine. Why? $$$$$$$$$

I do not trust any country's vaccine schedule.
#11 of 13 Old 07-01-2007, 12:32 PM

Weirdly, the BCG vaccine is effective against leprosy, though. Go figure.
#12 of 13 Old 07-01-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakay View Post
Weirdly, the BCG vaccine is effective against leprosy, though. Go figure.
I remember reading that once upon a time. I wonder why? Are the diseases closely related?

-Angela
#13 of 13 Old 07-01-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegna View Post

-Angela

My mom had that vax as a child. Her father had TB so they vaxed the family. When she came to the US after marrying my dad, they (military docs) did a TB test on her. She told them she had had the vax and shouldn't have the test done. She was told it was the law and she had to take it because she was a foreigner. So they did the test and it came up positive. She again told them she'd had the vax. They ignored her. They put her in quarantine (I was 6 months old and my brother was 4 yrs) and we were not allowed to be with her. They started giving her meds to treat TB. The whole time she protested saying that she had the vax as a child which is why the test was positive. She tried to refuse the meds and they said if she didn't take the meds she would have to stay even longer in quarantine and be separated from us. After being in isolation for a week and starting the meds, a different Dr came to treat her. He looked at her vax records and became really angry at everyone for being idiots and putting my mom through that. He immediately released my mom and stopped the treatment. What a great way to start your married life in a new country, huh?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page