Immunization exempt form? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 07-14-2007, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi. I'm applying to financial aid with my local school distract that will help pay for my son's preschool. When applying, they want you to submit immunization records. I said that we are exempt, so they said to get a form stating so from his Dr. My son hadn't seen a doctor for his entire life, until last year when I took him to a free clinic, so that he could get a physical and attend preschool. I asked for a copy of his physical, and all it says on there is that I 'denied immunizations." I told them that I need something a little more official, they couldn't supply anything to me.

Do I hand write a note stating that we are exempt, or is there a form I can print off the internet?

Any advice would be helpful,
Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 07-14-2007, 12:22 PM

It will depend on your state and what type(s) of exemptions are offered--options are medical, religious and philosophical. This site

http://www.nvic.org/state-site/state-exemptions.htm

will let you find out what your state offers. Then you can go to your state's department of health site and found out how to go about getting one. Very easy in some states, and harder in others.
#3 of 7 Old 07-14-2007, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much. Looks like colorado allows an exemption for philosophical reasons. I read that all I need to no is sign a statement of exemption. So I search that term and came up with this site. http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/colorado.htm

I thought one that I can print out and it looks very official. Thanks again.!

#4 of 7 Old 07-14-2007, 05:17 PM

Looks to be even easier than Texas, which is pretty easy. Good luck.
#5 of 7 Old 07-14-2007, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
I live in CO and have unvaxinated children. The preschool should supply you with the correct form. Every preschool/school my children have attended have done this, so you need to ask them for the vaccination form. Then you just need to sign the exemption of your choice on the back: religious or philosophical. It's easy!

ETA, if the preschool can't provide one, and I cannot imagine why they wouldn't have them, then get one from your local school district, doctor's offices won't have them, you could even get one from the neighborhood school.

Where abouts in CO are you?

I am Rhome
#6 of 7 Old 07-15-2007, 03:50 AM - Thread Starter

uccomama.... Hi! I'm a single mama in Boulder! What about you? I have 2 kiddos. My son Sage is almost 5, and Violet is 10 months old. She was a UC baby too!

Now I remember signing an exemption with ds's preschool. But, I kind of don't want to both his teachers since they are on summer vacation. Plus... When I was getting the papers to apply for $ help for ds's preschool, I had to get them from the Boulder Valley School District's main office. They were not helpful when I asked how to go about this. They just said to get the form from his physician.

So I printed this out.. http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/dc/Immu...-certofimm.pdf

The exemption in on the 2nd page. What do you think? Do you think this will work, or should I bother his teacher?

Thanks. :P
Kayla
#7 of 7 Old 07-15-2007, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthkeepinSister View Post
uccomama.... Hi! I'm a single mama in Boulder! What about you? I have 2 kiddos. My son Sage is almost 5, and Violet is 10 months old. She was a UC baby too!

Now I remember signing an exemption with ds's preschool. But, I kind of don't want to both his teachers since they are on summer vacation. Plus... When I was getting the papers to apply for $ help for ds's preschool, I had to get them from the Boulder Valley School District's main office. They were not helpful when I asked how to go about this. They just said to get the form from his physician.

So I printed this out.. http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/dc/Immu...-certofimm.pdf

The exemption in on the 2nd page. What do you think? Do you think this will work, or should I bother his teacher?

Thanks. :P
Kayla
I'm in Boulder too (north)! My kids are somewhat older than yours at 17, 9 and 7 though. The form is exactly the right one you need, so yes, all you need to do is sign the back. I can't believe BVSD said that. They should know better, I would say at least 40% of the kids at BVSD schools are unvaxed or partially vaxed. : I makes me sick how the schools or district lie, if only by obstruction or omission, when it comes to vaccinations.

I am Rhome

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page