5 year check-up and vaccines... - Mothering Forums

5 year check-up and vaccines...

Lovenest's Avatar Lovenest (TS)
06:35 PM Liked: 0
#1 of 4
07-25-2007 | Posts: 2,990
Ok, I am hoping you all can help me out here.
My son has had vaccines (not all, he has not had chicken pox vaccine and I think one of the Heps) but has not had any since he was 3.

I am taking him in for his 5 year check up and this will be a new ped as his old ped just moved to another state. Thats ok as she did not like any decisions I was making regarding delaying vaxs, no vaxs sometimes, co-sleeping etc.

I have no idea what they will want to give him and I do not want him to get any more until I have researched more. Thats why he has not got any since he was 3, I had no idea about vaccines etc before then I just did what the doctor said.: So, what do I say?

P.S. I would like to take him in as the prior ped thought she heard a heart murmur last time we went in and I would like to make sure everything is ok.

Also, I remember them telling me some vax was a good idea as we live in Oregon and there was a higher chance of getting whatever it was.. any ideas on what that was?
rmzbm's Avatar rmzbm
06:46 PM Liked: 14
#2 of 4
07-25-2007 | Posts: 15,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by doriansmummy View Post
So, what do I say?
"We are not vaccinating at this time, it is not up for discussion."
Lovenest's Avatar Lovenest (TS)
07:03 PM Liked: 0
#3 of 4
07-25-2007 | Posts: 2,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
"We are not vaccinating at this time, it is not up for discussion."
Sounds good to me!
Does any one know what the vaccines are at the 5 year check up if he has not had any since 3?
Deborah's Avatar Deborah
08:31 PM Liked: 2412
#4 of 4
07-25-2007 | Posts: 6,568
MMR sometimes is given at 5. And the thing that is going around in Oregon would be pertussis, of course. The problems:the vax is ineffective and it is misdiagnosed so frequently and the vax doesn't stop people from transmitting the illness on to the next person, so in reality pertussis, whooping cough is everywhere.

Different states have slightly different schedules, so you need to look at your state health department for a schedule.
Reply Subscribe Vaccinations