Just had my ds vaxed, now think it was a bad decision Please help! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-16-2003, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got my ds age 9 mo. vaxed today. He has had all vaxes up to this point (although he didn't get vaxed at his 6 mo appt because of an ear infection and got them today at his 9mo instead.) I had a very hard time with this decision. I am very new to the vax debate. I just feel so guilty for going through with it. do you think he will be OK? He is running some fever right now. After coming home and reading some threads on here I am very very scared. I should have done more research. Is there anything I can give him to rid his poor little body of all those toxins and help build (or re-build) his immune system? After reading what I have read today, no more vaxes for either of my children. Just too risky. P.S. I have a 3 yo who up till now has been fully vaxed on schedule. Any help or advise would be appreciated.
applejuice likes this.
#2 of 5 Old 07-16-2003, 08:12 PM

Hi Susie,
Where in ohio are you? You could take your kids to a homeopath for constititutional remedies.Have them tested for various metals to see what their levels are.There are plenty of threads here that discuss building up immunity and what the preferences are for each parent,so do a search.And continue researching the issue of vaccines.
sara in ohio
applejuice likes this.
#3 of 5 Old 07-16-2003, 08:20 PM

Joyful-
The odds are your little pumpkin will be fine. Fevers occur in lots of kids who have no other reaction. It may just be a coincidence. I know that it can be scary reading posts from all of us Moms who have had little ones react.

Enjoy your little one...play, read, sing and just stare in awe at what a sweet child you have raised.

In a few weeks, when you have calmed down a bit, jump back on the boards a do some research. If you look into things too much right now you will drive yourself crazy.

edited because I can't spell
applejuice likes this.
#4 of 5 Old 07-16-2003, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Sara, I am in the Cincinnati area. I think taking them to a homeopathsounds like a good idea. What kind of constitutional remedies do you think they would do. I actually asked the ped today if she would check the mercury levels in my 3 yo (at the recommendation of my mother who is a physician). She very rudely told me "No, I absolutely will not do that." There are other rude things she said too. So, I am looking for a new ped.

Averysmom, thanks for the support. That's just what I needed right now, to calm down. You are right what I need to do is just enjoy my little one and not let the worry and anxiety get in the way of just enjoying him. I just wish that I had started seriously looking into the vax debate sooner and my little sweetie wouldn't have had shots today.
applejuice likes this.
#5 of 5 Old 07-16-2003, 10:00 PM

Lots of water, Vitamin C, vitamin A should help your dear child.

Treat it as you would any illness. Because he is ill, that is the intent behind vaxing that they get alittle sick instead of alot sick.
applejuice likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page