Hooray! Back from the ped... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-24-2003, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter Ruby had her 2 month check up today and since she was not offered the hep B vax at birth, I was really stressing out about the shots. I read as many threads as I could and last night I looked at the mmwr report for some stats so I would be prepared. I was thinking of selectively vaxxing but realized I didn't know enough about any. When the doc asked I simply said what many of you have advised "I am delaying until I finish researching".

The response I got was great! She said she understood and wanted me to do research. I asked her if she knew any good websites. (She gave me one that did not give many facts...played on fear). The only vax she pushed for was Prevnar, and in a gentle way. I declined.

I feel so relieved...after reading some of the posts on here I was expecting a big fight. In fact, according to my neighbor, the peds partner (who is also her husband) is wayyy more of a bully about vaccinations.

I am thinking of writing a thank you letter to her for not bullying me . I know if i do decide to vax, it was because it was MY decision, not something I felt I had to do. Thank you to Mothering.commune and to previous posters for giving me the courage to delay (possibly forever) vaccinations and for showing me the resources I need to become a better informed mom!
#2 of 5 Old 07-24-2003, 06:50 PM

womnderful news!!!!!

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#3 of 5 Old 07-24-2003, 08:23 PM

Oooooh. Writing a short letter of appreciation sounds like an excellent idea !!

#4 of 5 Old 07-24-2003, 08:44 PM

Excellent idea !!

#5 of 5 Old 07-25-2003, 02:34 AM

I think that's fantastic. I had similar fears about DS's 2 month appt, and also got a very positive reaction from our ped when I said we were delaying. Good for you, and good luck with your research.

mostly WAHM, sometimes WOHM to my : two boys.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page