My daughter Ruby had her 2 month check up today and since she was not offered the hep B vax at birth, I was really stressing out about the shots. I read as many threads as I could and last night I looked at the mmwr report for some stats so I would be prepared. I was thinking of selectively vaxxing but realized I didn't know enough about any. When the doc asked I simply said what many of you have advised "I am delaying until I finish researching".
The response I got was great! She said she understood and wanted me to do research. I asked her if she knew any good websites. (She gave me one that did not give many facts...played on fear). The only vax she pushed for was Prevnar, and in a gentle way. I declined.
I feel so relieved...after reading some of the posts on here I was expecting a big fight. In fact, according to my neighbor, the peds partner (who is also her husband) is wayyy more of a bully about vaccinations.
I am thinking of writing a thank you letter to her for not bullying me . I know if i do decide to vax, it was because it was MY decision, not something I felt I had to do. Thank you to Mothering.commune and to previous posters for giving me the courage to delay (possibly forever) vaccinations and for showing me the resources I need to become a better informed mom!