anyone hear of PENTACEL?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-01-2003, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it's 5 vax's in one...dd has her appointment on aug. 13th...all i gotta do to convince my husband is find even ONE animal ingredient in the vaccine or alcohol...i know that's all it will take..we are very very 'strict' (we call it 'being cautious') about using products that contain animal ingredietns/alcohol because of religious beliefs (alcohol and pig is absolutely forbidden except in cases of life or death--other animals are permitted but ONLY if they are slaughtered in a certain way; kinda like kosher which is more wellknown..we call it halal, so we avoid those products to because we dont know how it's been slaughtered)

ANYway...can anyone give me a link for the ingredients in pentacel...
i was really happy to see dd's vax 'schedule' because many of the vax's are not paid for by the government and u only get them if u pay for them so they are not 'forced' on u except by dr's suggestion..who cares:

i tried searching for it but it's been so busy that i decided to ask here to help me out..

thanks in advance
plus if anyone has stats on unvaxed vs. vaxed kids and the incidence of these childhood illnesses that would be great.

**forgot to mention i'm in ontario and the pentacel is a single injection protection against pertussis, polio, diphtheria, Hib and tetanus.

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-01-2003, 10:19 PM

http://www.aventispasteur.com/canada...Pentacel_E.pdf

If you go to page 11 you will find a rather incomplete list of ingredients. However it is the product monograph for Pentacel and a couple of other products Aventis Pasteur puts out.

Hope this helps.
#3 of 5 Old 08-02-2003, 01:57 AM

Quote:
plus if anyone has stats on unvaxed vs. vaxed kids and the incidence of these childhood illnesses that would be great.
You are not going to find any accurate stats on this because many times when a vaxed child gets an illness they were vaxed against, the doctor refuses to acknowledge it. However, among the reports in some areas, the government will include info on how many were vaxed but it's rare. Also, as Insider has told us, many children come down with full-blown measles right after being vaccinated. I'm sure most, if not all, of those cases go unreported though they are still spreading measles to others.

I'm sure all of the vaxes included in that one shot are grown from either an animal or aborted human fetal cells.
#4 of 5 Old 08-02-2003, 12:14 PM

Here's a bit I found on it//when they seek approval in the us, you can go to http://www.fda.gov and search dockets, you will get much more specific info regarding vaccine manufacturing.

Study May Reduce Injections from 3 to 1

The San Antonio Metropolitan Health District is conducting a study on Pentacel, a combination vaccine (contains DTaP, HIB, and IPV) made by Aventis Pasteur Inc. the objective of the study is to assess whether Pentacel is safe and induces the desired immune responses in children in the United States when given in combination with other recommended vaccines for the same age group. Pentacel was licensed in Canada in 1995 and has been used there since 1997.

Children in the study will receive Penteacel, Prevnar, MMR, and Varivax free of charge. The study consists of seven visits over a sixteen-month period. In order to be eligible for the study, particpants must be between 6-12 weeks of age, have received no more than one hepatitis B dose, and be in good health. (hmm, so they will have no idea how children with defects or poor health will fare w/this new vaccine)

http://216.239.37.104/search?q=cache...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Pentacel, a new acellular pertussis combination vaccine as a primary vaccination against pertussis, diphtheria, tetanus, polio and Haemophilus influenzae type b in infants. This vaccine is currently in phase III studies in infants and the U.S. launch is targeted for 2005.
Aventis Reports Full-Year Results for 2002
http://www.aventis.no/nyheter/nyhete...lts_2002.shtml
************************************************** *************************************************

Each .05 ml. dose of Act-HIB contains purified capsular polysaccharide covalently bound to tetanus protein .
- Each .05 ml. dose of Quadracel contains pertussis toxoid, filamentous hemagglutinin, fimbriae, pertactin(a membrane protein), diphtheria toxoid, tetanus toxoid(inactivated with formaldehyde), aluminum(.33mg), purified inactivated poliomyelitis vaccine: Type 1(Mahoney); Type 2(M.E.F.1); Type 3(Saukett); and 2-phenoxyethanol 0.6% + 0.1% added as preservative. The vaccine also contains 20 ppm Tween 80, less than 0.05% human albumin, and less than 1 ppm bovine serum. Trace amounts of polymyxin B and neomycin may be present from the cell growth medium. The three poliovirus types are inactivated by formalin (formaldehyde) and are grown on human diploid cells derived originally from aborted human fetuses. (Source: Compendium of
Pharmaceuticals and Specialties 1999)

2-phenoloxyethanol contains phenol which has the ability to inhibit phagocyte activity, meaning it is toxic to all cells. It can disable the immune system's primary response mechanism. It can cause systemic poisoning, headache, shock, weakness, convulsions, kidney damage, cardiac or kidney failure, death.

The ethylene oxide component is an irritant causing dermatitis, burns, blisters, eczema. Animal studies have demonstrated that it can cause cancer in female mice. In 1978, the EPA issued "a rebuttal presumption against registration of ethylene oxide for pesticide applications...on the basis of mutagenicity and testicular effects." Editor's note: But they can inject it into infants and babies! [The quote is from: Marshall Sittig, Handbook of Toxic and Hazardous Chemicals and Carcinogens, 2nd Ed. (Park Ridge, NJ: Noyes Publications, 1985): 433f.]

http://www.*********/v/vran2.html
#5 of 5 Old 08-03-2003, 07:08 AM

You are able tto throw out the Hib component of the shot if you wish. It comes in a separate vial while the other four elements
are mixed in one vial.

User Tag List