Does anyone regret NOT vaccinating? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-04-2003, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would be interested to hear from anyone who has not vaccinated, but now feels regret (presumably because of contracting one of the diseases.)

We vaxxed our first born for only taetnus (sp?) and no other. Now we have six week old. My husband has a daughter who was not vaxxed and contracted whooping cough as an infant and it was an awful time for dh, but they got through it, and he still does not regret not vaxxing.

I guess I'm a little more worried about my second child since we have a 3 year old to bring more germs into the house: playgrounds, playgroups and maybe preschool soon. But since I seem to hear more regrets about vaxxing than not, I'm leaning toward NOT vaxxing, but wanted to pose the question this way.

I already know there are many out there who will say they have no regrets, but any regrets out there?
#2 of 3 Old 08-05-2003, 01:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Nope.
But I stay connected to mothering and continue to research and I stay informed.
Because we don't vax I feel I have to do a bit more diligence on what is going on out there. Not just medically speaking but...politically and other ways... exemptions laws changing.

And I love the support here , so if my dc got any of the diseases I have my resources here to get me through, plus my own I have found on my own and from mothering suggestions.

I didn't phone in the decision and I haven't phoned in the post work on the decision.

does that make sense?

I have never heard anyone regret not vaxing...only people I have seen here regret vaxing... but more will post.

this thread might be of interest..
http://216.92.20.151/discussions/sho...ret+not+vaxing

do you need a cheat sheet for researching? Let me know.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#3 of 3 Old 08-05-2003, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have not regretted it. So far my kids haven't contracted anything yet either. But I don't believe that the vaccines are reliable so that wouldn't matter much anyway. I just can't see injecting toxins in my child all for the sake of maybe preventing something I can most likely treat.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page