Dd starts school next month for the first time and we need to do the school-required checkup. We do not vax at all, though we did the first two rounds as a baby.
It's been a year and a half since she last went to the doctor and that doctor (Dr. A) has since left the practice. We plan to see the other doc (Dr. B) in the practice for this checkup.
When we saw Dr. A, we told her of our concerns about vaxing and while she disagreed with our choice, she respected that we had made an informed decision and left it up to us. I assume all of this is in our record.
We will be meeting with Dr. B soon before the checkup, since we have never met her and want to make sure she is OK with our not vaxing (if not, we'll find another doc).
The issue is that we plan to claim a religious exemption at dd's school, since our state doesn't allow philosophical exemptions. I have no qualms about this, as I am religiously opposed to vaxing my child. But, when we saw Dr. A we never mentioned any religious motivation for not vaxing.
Should we talk to Dr. B about why we REALLY don't vax or should we just go in and state that we will be claiming a religious exemption and leave it at that? I would like to have a good relationship with this doctor, just in case of emergency or something we can't handle at home.
I don't anticipate any problems with dd's school as I know there is at least one other unvaxed kid there, but I also want to CMA as much as possible.