My daughter will be starting pre-school part time either in Sept. or next January. We live in Oregon. I assume because she's going to a school (Montessori) it will mean she'll need to have all the vaccines on the schedule up to her age, or a waiver? She's 2.5 and has not had any vax. However, I'm worried about getting the waiver b/c (hypothetical) what happens if she steps on a rusty nail and I decide she needs a tetanus shot? Do I then have to backfill all the vax she's "missed" to that point because I'll no longer fit the criteria for being philosophically opposed? Or would a tetanus toxoid administration in the emergency room fall under the umbrella of treatment rather than immunization? What about when I have another child, will my philosophical opposition carry to that child, as well?
I am really angry that I feel disallowed from selectively vaccinating. I'm not sure whether I never ever want to give any vax whatsoever to DD, but I feel like with the waiver I'll be signing away any choice in the matter. My mother suggested getting the waiver and then doing whatever I wanted, because, "how will they know?" I feel very uncomfortable with that approach. I feel uncomfortable with any of the other options I'm given, too. Any info or insight on this would be much appreciated.