FL shots registry and other states that have a registry - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-05-2007, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I opted out of having my child in the registry. Does anyone know how I can find out if they got my request and took him out of it? My understanding is that they automatically register your child when they are born and keep them in there unless you sign the refusal. The website says only doctors and other people with a special access code can log in to see if he's in there. It's not like they send a reciept saying they got your request. Argh! Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 11-05-2007, 11:27 PM

Here in Ohio you have to have a code, etc.to access the registry. However if one walks into our city health dept. requesting a shot record, they look up the child on the computer in the registry and print it off. So....if you went in "asking for your child's record", they would pull up the child's name and print off the record...so then you would know or not! i have heard though that every child born has their name entered. Since you are trying to find out if your child is in the FL. registry inquiring about a shot record may answer your question if they do indeed locate a name. I'm probably sounding confusing:

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
#3 of 4 Old 11-06-2007, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Did you have your baby in the hospital or at home? I had my baby at home and my midwife told me she does not register her clients in the Florida Shots program.

I agree with PP. Go to the health department and ask for your childs records. If they can pull it up then you are in the system.
#4 of 4 Old 11-06-2007, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

I had a hospital birth :-/

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page