Do you believe you or your child has a chronic disorder due to vaxes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 57 Old 11-14-2007, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am curious for those of you that have vax'd and stopped or those of you who were vax'd as a child......do you believe those vax's have impacted your/your children's health?

I believe vax's played a huge part in my autoimmune issues....I also believe they have caused and or contributed to health problems in my children.....I, of course, cant prove it....but my mommy instinct tells me it was the vax's......

Here's me I married then we had dd15 , dd11 , ds10 , and then and now we and I blog!
#2 of 57 Old 11-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Spy

Yes. There is a world of difference in early childhood health of my unvaccinated children and any of their vaccinated parents.
#3 of 57 Old 11-14-2007, 08:25 PM

Yes. The difference in My DD's health and my DSs' is fairly drastic.
#4 of 57 Old 11-14-2007, 08:30 PM

dd is the child of two extremely atopic parents.

i had/have horrible eczema. when i was younger, it was so bad that it was oozing, pussing, bleeding and constantly painful. i had to wear bandages around my elbows and knees every day and peel them off by myself every night. looking back, i think it was a combination of vax reaction and dairy allergy.

dh has uncontrolled asthma. he just got put on corticosteroids for it today, in fact. he had from infancy and always needs his inhaler.

we are both fully vaccinated for our time (being born in the early seventies). we will no longer be vaccinating ourselves, knowing what we know now.

dd is completely unvaccinated, and has no allergy issues at all, thank goodness. we were concerned, given the family history on both sides. but thankfully, she is extremely healthy and has had a bout or two of sniffles and that's it.
#5 of 57 Old 11-14-2007, 09:51 PM

I have allergy problems, they could be vax related, but could also be related to being raised by a grandmother who smoked and living in an area that is especially bad for allergens and pollution.

Ds1 on the other hand has PDD NOS which was caused by encephalitis caused by his MMR vaccine. He is doing much better with treatment, but his brain is forever changed.
#6 of 57 Old 11-14-2007, 10:17 PM

I am convinced that my son (who is a grown up man now) got asthma from his first vaccine at 9 mo. The first signs of asthma followed that same season.

He believes it is a real possibility.
#7 of 57 Old 11-14-2007, 10:28 PM

My daughters allergies might be from vaxing ...
#8 of 57 Old 11-14-2007, 11:59 PM

Nope, not me, nor my husband, nor my baby.
#9 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 12:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was vaxed as a child and am now dealing with a permanent autoimmune disorder. My oldest was vaccinated through 18 months with everything available at the time (prevnar, varcicella). I believe he has SPD and we are in the process of having him evaluated. Regular chiro visits are helping, but he may need some OT as well. My two unvaccinated daughters do not have any autoimmune or neurological disorders. My dh was vaxed as a child, and vaxed with who know's what in the Navy. He has ADHD.

Not sure if vaxes are the cause or not as no long term studies have been done to compare vaxed vs. unvaxed children. When I began investigating vaccines, the autoimmune and neurological disorders on both sides was enough to know that my family was at a greater risk of adverse reactions.
#10 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 12:19 AM

Not at all. None of us have chronic medical problems, and if we ever developed them I am 100% positive vaccines wouldn't of played a role.

CNM mama.

#11 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 12:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by holly6737 View Post
Not at all. None of us have chronic medical problems, and if we ever developed them I am 100% positive vaccines wouldn't of played a role.
So you would completely deny vaccines were involved if your child had a classic vaccine reaction and long-term health consequences because of it? :
#12 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post
So you would completely deny vaccines were involved if your child had a classic vaccine reaction and long-term health consequences because of it? :
Im pretty sure Ive read quite a few posts from Holly, and I believe the answer is yes.

My DH has chronic Autoimmune conditions, and also has a genitic immune deficiency. I believe that he more prone to vax reactions b/c of his condition. He was vaxed with everything they could get thier hands on as a child.
#13 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 01:13 AM

Yup.
#14 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 03:52 AM

While I am just beginning to research vaxing,my 3 oldest kids,my sister's 4,and all the children of my entire family,(one cousin has 3,another 2,another 2,another 2,another 1) have all been vaxed,along w/ all the parents,and NONE have any health problems. No asthma,major allergies,etc.
#15 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 04:29 AM

I was vaxed(probably about 6 shots total in childhood), I didn't get my asthma/allergies until I was about 20 years old.
I did get some rounds of vaccines when I was about 19 . None in our family has any allergies or asthma.
Who knows if vaccines are responsible? I wouldn't be surprised. I just hope my DD doesn't get asthma because of me.
#16 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 04:46 AM

I'm not sure. I do know that I have the worst immune system of most of my friends, and I attribute this to a huge list of things which include the POSSIBILITY that vaccinations played a role (as well as: being overweight/unhealthy, being a formula-fed baby -- not even any colustrum, having a poor diet as a child, yo-yo-dieting as an adolescent and young adult, lack of sleep)
#17 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 05:15 AM

I have no idea. At this point it doesn't appear so.
#18 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 08:51 AM

Yes.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#19 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 10:51 AM

I had learning disabilities until I was in high school. I was unable to read, spell, do basic math, etc. I was in special classes through out elementary and middle school.

In HighSchool, a lightbulb lite up in my head, every thing clicked. My parents, however, were reluctant to let me go for more challenging acedemics until my teachers started to tell them I was not being challenged by what was offered in the classes they permitted me to take. They feared I was not able to handle the rigors of AP classes. I managed to beg my parents to take 1AP class, Calculus and proved them wrong.

There simply is no explaination for a stupid kid to go from barely making it through elementary school and middle school to all of a sudden in high school getting As and Bs and then in college to continue this upward trend, plus complete a masters in a difficult math field w/o difficulty. I am currently working toward become a professor.

I was acedemically dead as a small child and then 10 years after the last shot miraculously I was alive. And each year after I was getting even better acedemically. Then I had 4 shots as an adult and when down hill for 5 years, for 5 years I failed acedemically and gave up. Obviously I returned, but I was fearful I might not could cut it anymore. And no I didn't put the pieces together back then, it has been a more recent enlightenment, say in the last 10 years.

My experience has a lot to do with why I do not vax,,although not the sole reason. I will not squelch the brains of my very intelligent children. And my life experience is more proof than any research paper ever written, our life experiences define who we are.

Aside from the intelligence factor, I suffer from allergies and allergy induced asthma. No one else in my family does, they are all less vaxed than I am. I had a sibling suffer intellectually in college after receiving vaxes to go. There is no doubt in my mind, this was a reaction to the vaxes.

I guess I should add, my children, dh and myself are one of the least sick families I know. It is shocking how many families I know who seem to be sick for MONTHS and MONTHS during the cold and flu season and many of them get flu shots!!! We get sick w colds once a year (sometimes 2X per year), but they never seem as miserable as I remember being as a child.

I think there is a lot about vaxing that science has yet to discover. I think the increase in children receiving services from schools is related to the number of vaxes received by these children today. I believe that the behavior problems are in part due to failed connections in the brain from vaxing (not all, some).
#20 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
You must be kidding me. You couldn't possibly declare that.

Even the "authorities" admit the possibility of medical problems.
#21 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
I grew up in a non-vaxing family. Five siblings, all pretty bright. No allergies, asthma, ear infections or any other serious health problems as kids. We did have all the normal childhood diseases, which were still circulating in those days.

My daughter developed some health problems after I very stupidly vaxed her when she was 8 years old.

My grandchildren are mostly unvaxed and pretty healthy. No allergies or asthma or learning disabilities.

I do have allergies which I developed as an adult, starting when I was around 30. No connection to vaxing, as I've only gotten one in my life.

And I think I've only had the flu a couple of times in 57 years, in spite of never getting the vax.
#22 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:

You've had the luxury of being untouched by vax damage.
#23 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykdsmomy View Post
I am curious for those of you that have vax'd and stopped or those of you who were vax'd as a child......do you believe those vax's have impacted your/your children's health?

I believe vax's played a huge part in my autoimmune issues....I also believe they have caused and or contributed to health problems in my children.....I, of course, cant prove it....but my mommy instinct tells me it was the vax's......

absolutely. second son is ASD due to the vaxes. i have no doubt they harmed him. his immune system doesn't function quite right...not that he's always outright sick, he's not, but there's a persistent low level something 'not quite right'. It started after the vaxes.
#24 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Also... if you are so certain vaxes are so safe why are you a selective/delay vaxer?
#25 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 02:31 PM

I am partial to the idea that my autoimmune disease is related to the MMR vaccine. It has affected my decision to research vaccines and be selective and/or delayed with some of them. However, to be honest, I would rather have had my autoimmune disease than risk a damaged baby from rubella or meningitis related to measles. Life is about risks and those are the ones I took/take.
#26 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 02:46 PM

Yes, my son has horrible allergies and eczema.
#27 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 03:26 PM

DH is the only one of us with a chronic disease, but several of his relatives have it also and some of them aren't vaxxed, so I don't really suspect a correlation there. DD and I have no chronic problems. At this point, I feel comfortable saying none of us have a chronic disorder due to vaxes.
#28 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 03:38 PM

Yes!

DH and I had eczema, allergies, and asthma, and chronic ear infections as children.

Unvaxed dd is in perfect health with no signs of our own vax damage.

::: Just another WAHM using this forum to put off picking up toys and cleaning my house.
#29 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpansy View Post
However, to be honest, I would rather have had my autoimmune disease than risk a damaged baby from rubella or meningitis related to measles.
Interesting. Because it can be very difficult to get pg at all with some autoimmune diseases.

Think I'd rather risk the rubella....
#30 of 57 Old 11-15-2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
A medically documented vaccine reaction?
a what?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page