Birth and Vaccines - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 125 Old 12-09-2007, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, Trillian, do you advocate the full CDC schedule? I checked back on another thread and we never got to that question. I am not sure how S/D would fit with your post above.
#122 of 125 Old 12-09-2007, 08:14 PM

I am technically a selective vaxer, although we do most of them. I don't believe that government recommendations are always 100% in line with the best available science.

ETA: I also recognize that the CDC recommendations are coming from a general public health perspective, and that individual needs may differ.
#123 of 125 Old 12-09-2007, 09:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by holly6737 View Post
Many of us in the US still own slaves? Who are you speaking of? I've never heard of this (other than the odd case every year or so of an immigrant family carrying a slave over).
Well, I was being a bit sarcastic. Did that really not show?

And yes, actually, there have been many publicized cases of slavery in the US, let alone around the world. But I was joking in the comment I made.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#124 of 125 Old 12-10-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post
I assume most people here are at least aware of the problems with the obstetrical community and the hostile birth climate. Most physicians are against homebirth, despite evidence homebirth is safe. They over-manage birth for most women and seem to be oblivious to the fact that their efforts are not improving outcomes for women and babies. There is no evidence that hospital birth is safer, yet they continue to tout that it is safer than homebirth.

If one can grasp the concept that OBs -- doctors and scientists-- lie, coerce, and practice medicine that is not exactly evidence-based, then why is it such a stretch to believe that the doctors and scientists behind vaccination are capable of similar lies, coercion and making claims that are not evidence-based? Why are we willing to go against the recommendations by medical authorities regarding birth and be hesitant to go against vaccine recommendations?
This is something I thought very hard about. Once I started researching and realized the tons of LIES that many OBs and even MWs state, I thought to myself...what else are they lying to me about?
Turns out, quite a bit!

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#125 of 125 Old 12-11-2007, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
This is something I thought very hard about. Once I started researching and realized the tons of LIES that many OBs and even MWs state, I thought to myself...what else are they lying to me about?
Turns out, quite a bit!
Isn't all lies. Some of it is just plain thickheadedness.

My SIL works in a medically related profession. Tonight he was commenting that doctors tend to go for very intrusive solutions, even if the the medical literature suggests trying something else first, or says that the intrusive solution is a waste of time and money in certain situations.

You've got to wonder. Do these doctors actually read their own literature? Do they understand the consequences of some of the things they suggest? Or even force on people.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page