visit with ped today - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-12-2003, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
will cross-post this as it has multiple issues

we did no shots today. ped highly advised them- especially prevnar: and pertussis. it seems the latter has been urged by a recent outbreak very nearby.(40 plus cases in charleston county). so far, am sticking to my guns. she did ask why i wanted to delay them, i told her dd had a bit of a rash after her last ones, as well as a bit of a fever. she said it wasnt likely a reaction...she offered some info (from chop of course, isnt that where most of it is from?) and also said she had a very informative video ( i didn't take it, since i have heard all about it here). we also discussed that if i waited a bit, she wouldnt hafta have as many doses, she countered with "she'll still need the 4th dose of xyz for school, to which i replied i will be hs, for at least the first few years.

the other issues dealy w/ bf / solid foods/ and vitamin supplements .:

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#2 of 3 Old 08-13-2003, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
congrats mom2tig..

I say congrats because I know how hard it is to tell ped "I'm delaying' or similiar. But my feeling is...I'm doing my research, I'm doing my reading, I'm asking my friends, I'm learning.. I'm doing my part... I'm not coming in here just to be 'contrary'. Good for you.

by the way, my own understanding is that august is the highest month for pertussis in most of the US. So, maybe there are 40 cases or similiar every summer in the nearby county. So much to weigh, I know, but good for you for stating your position. My heart breaks for the moms who post here saying, "I didn't want to do it but I didn't feel strong enough to say anything."

we only have our guts and sometimes we have to stand up for them..

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#3 of 3 Old 08-14-2003, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by trabot
My heart breaks for the moms who post here saying, "I didn't want to do it but I didn't feel strong enough to say anything."
that woulda been me, if i didnt know there are lots of great mamas ( and a few good papas ) here that have experience dealing with pertussis (treatment etc).

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page