#121 of 132 Old 12-14-2007, 09:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggerwocky View Post
So back to oral polio?

I don't think so.
Polio is a virus, not a bacteria. The body has it's own bacteria in it to battle 'bad' bacterias. Problem is that 'good' bacteria isn't in the muscles of your arm. It's in the digestive system. '
#122 of 132 Old 12-14-2007, 09:25 PM

I read the obituaries in the local paper every day. Morbid, I know.

Earlier this summer there was a period of a month where there was at least one obituary a week for a dead infant. There were six total in that month, I believe. None listed cause of death, but [B]every single child[B] died either the day before, the day of, or the day after they turned 2 months, 4 months, or 6 months.

Since that month, there's been *maybe* one obituary per month of dead infants.

That month, every day we read yet another obituary, DH and I wondered if it was vax-related and were thankful again that nothing bad seemed to happen to our child before we came to our senses.
#123 of 132 Old 12-14-2007, 09:39 PM

There is a book called "How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor" by Robert S. Md Mendelsohn

Here is a quote from him about Pertussis...

http://www.*********/vaccines/mendels...OOPING%20COUGH
#124 of 132 Old 12-14-2007, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayndrewsmama View Post
Polio is a virus, not a bacteria. The body has it's own bacteria in it to battle 'bad' bacterias. Problem is that 'good' bacteria isn't in the muscles of your arm. It's in the digestive system. '
Then why the injection argument? Either injecting directly into the bloodstream is harmful or it's not when it comes to vaccines or herbs.Now it's just when it's a virus?
#125 of 132 Old 12-15-2007, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Don't worry, I think we all have our moments where we just have to ask something no matter how out there it seems at the time. I think when they say dirt floor they mean straight up dirt/earth/ground. Not a hardwood or other floor covering that you're just not able to keep on top of cleaning as frequently as needs be. Unless you're talking a serious dirt buildup and seriously neglectful cleaning as in garbage and rotting food all over. Heck, considering how dirty my grandma's house always was and the fact that all thirteen of her kids survived as did all of us grandkids I'd say it's probably fine. Grandma's house was filthy and you felt like taking a bath when you left but there were no piles of garbage and rotting food sitting around breeding who knows what
HAHA yeah I had to ask....Good to know I clean my floors on a daily basis but hardwood floors collect dust and pet hair quite quickly:HAHA a few people in my family have bad allergys to Carpet so hardwood floors/tile was the only option so cold in winter though:.........Sorry for the sensless chatter....
#126 of 132 Old 12-15-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyMom View Post
This was a quality control issue. It shows that the evil Merck is doing serious evaluation of its manufacturing process. They found that equipment in a sterile room was contaminated not the actual vaccine. Considering that 14 million doses are given annually and no reports of illness have been reported I'd say that Merck hasn't succeeded in killing all the babies just yet.
I recall batches of spinach being recalled.
I also know that herbal remedies have NO quality control (and are basking pots for bacteria) are freely given out by many people here to their children.
This just reminded me of something! Merck polluting the water in western PA! NO newsplay on this, but hey - the EPA fined Merck 10million dollars and told them to go ahead and install the safety equipment that should already have been there. Yeah - I LOVE this company!
#127 of 132 Old 12-16-2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Sandals View Post
This just reminded me of something! Merck polluting the water in western PA! NO newsplay on this, but hey - the EPA fined Merck 10million dollars and told them to go ahead and install the safety equipment that should already have been there. Yeah - I LOVE this company!
Ooooh yeah, I saw that one. :
#128 of 132 Old 12-16-2007, 01:06 PM

My biggest question that I want answered and not even the call center for this has answers for:

All the lots EVER made on that machine were recalled. Why? I see three possible answers:

1) The machine hasn't been tested since it was first used in April 2007. This first test came up positive so all lots recalled.

This answer raises the question:
WHY the lax testing policy?

2) Merck's policy is that if a machine tests positive for this bacteria, all lots made on that machine are recalled?

This answer raises the question:
Why not just tell us that?
Why this policy?

3) The machine did test positive earlier as well.

Well, I dont think I need to list the questions this answer brings up

So, if I am being pessimistic, why don't they answer as to why?

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#129 of 132 Old 12-16-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphiniumpansy View Post
There have been a lot of injected versus ingested threads that have shown that injecting is not necessarily any worse than ingesting.
Could you please link me to one of those threads? I'd appreciate seeing where someone has shown that injecting a harmful substance is not more likely to cause harm than ingesting it. I've seen a lot of threads where people say there's no proof that injecting aluminum does more damage than eating it, but I've never actually seen it demonstrated that injection and ingestion of harmful substances are not necessarily any different. Someone stating an opinion or saying "there's no evidence" is not the same thing as someone showing/proving/demnstrating something. I've never seen anyone here show that injection and ingestion are not necessarily any different when we're talking about vaccines and vaccine ingredients. I've not been able to keep up a lot lately, though, so there's a chance I've missed it. If that's the case, I would really appreciate you directing me towards said threads, so I can put the issue to bed in my mind once and for all.
#130 of 132 Old 12-16-2007, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphiniumpansy View Post
I also do not understand what all the fuss is about. Seems like Merck is doing a good job of catching a minor failure before it became a major issue. The news is all over this, the boards all over the internet are humming, it is an issue that a lot of people are aware of. It is the number one story on google health news and it is an easy story to find on the merck website.

What is all the fuss about? I do not get it!
Yep the news is ALL OVER this. That is why today... Sunday the 16th is the first I have heard of it. HERE! Not on the news.

I guess that is what I get for not checking this forum every day.
#131 of 132 Old 12-17-2007, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggerwocky View Post
Then why the injection argument? Either injecting directly into the bloodstream is harmful or it's not when it comes to vaccines or herbs.Now it's just when it's a virus?
Sorry, I didn't see this before.

I don't know what you are trying to say here. None of them are injected into the bloodstream. You brought up the OPV. The digestive system has bacterias to deal with other bacterias. I don't know the exact reason why the OPV was causing problems. I was just correcting you on the fact that polio is a virus and not a bacteria. It was suggested that bacterias in herbs that are injested are handled by the body the same way that injected bacterias are.
#132 of 132 Old 12-19-2007, 03:02 PM

any more recent news about this?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page