Pleading Please don't OT bump me re: eczema/allergies - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 31 Old 10-05-2003, 05:56 AM
rrr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
dear m&m

what about soy allergy?

suspect the orange juice and the fortified soy milk as sources of too much sugar. juice is so much sweeter than fruit.

i just buy it for summer popsicles as special treats and do fruit and water the rest of the time.

an asian soy diet is very different from an american one. an american soy diet is very sweet.

sweet soy milk, soy yogurt, soy everything that we used to eat dairy and meat.

a healthy asian diet is oriented more around vegetables with broths that are salty--- soy or chicken or beef.

i am most itchy when i eat too much sugar, especially milk and sugar, like cereal and ice cream.

high quality, local yogurt is a great way to get cultured as well as get minerals and protein. are you vegan?

can you make raw vegetable a part of every meal? can you have all lthe colors every day, or at least every week?

this will create a healthy intestine and provide detoxifying fiber.

serve the protein when the veggies are eaten, serve the complex carbohydrate when the veggies and the protein are eaten. if you serve them together, they will fill up on it and leave the vegetables for last when they are full. it's amazing how well a hungry child will eat vegetables.

my 3 year old nurses quite a bit, especially in the early morning, and still does not drink other milk. i try all day to get him to drink water, but he's just starting to be a little willing. he has very little soy because i aam allergic. i assume that he may be sensitive to it.

keep observing and testing for problem foods. try nursing first before offering food to increase that perfectly digestable breastmilk in the child's diet. you'll have to drink more water, too.

let us know~

rrr

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page