Vaccine Ad in "USA Today" - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 32 Old 02-14-2008, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just answering to your statement that you could not understand how anyone would not look at that and see it differently than you/ not be worried about it.

For me, it's not difficult to imagine a person seeing it as scarey....or a person seeing it as not.

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 32 Old 02-14-2008, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carriebft View Post
I was just answering to your statement that you could not understand how anyone would not look at that and see it differently than you/ not be worried about it.

For me, it's not difficult to imagine a person seeing it as scarey....or a person seeing it as not.
I understand. And I replied because I have been on both sides of the fence, and I was on the pro vax side in the early 90's looking at a comparison schedule and even though I had never questioned vaccines at all up to that point, that comparison got me thinking...and if just the minor comparison (compared to the USA Today ad's) got me a wondern', well, thinking out loud, I have to wonder how many parents this ad is going to jump start.

"If it takes a lab to make it, it takes a lab to digest it". Kris Carr, Hungry For Change

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page