Vaccine Ad in "USA Today" - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 02-12-2008, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Vaccine Ad in "USA Today" from Feb 12:

http://www.generationrescue.org/pdf/080212.pdf

Sophie, wife to DH, AP mama to DD1 (12/07) and DD2 (04/10)
#2 of 32 Old 02-12-2008, 04:03 PM

I love they print ads like that in well known newspapers. Maybe more people will get the point.

#3 of 32 Old 02-12-2008, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
We are all refugees from that vaccine schedule...
#4 of 32 Old 02-12-2008, 11:10 PM

Did anyone else notice the little writing on the bottom?
Quote:
We want to thank Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy for their generous support of Generation Rescue and their never-ending commitment to solving the growing challenges of autism
#5 of 32 Old 02-12-2008, 11:55 PM

I did notice that!
#6 of 32 Old 02-13-2008, 12:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Me three!
#7 of 32 Old 02-13-2008, 12:36 AM

Cool!
#8 of 32 Old 02-13-2008, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nice! Love that it is in a mainstream paper

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
#9 of 32 Old 02-13-2008, 09:53 AM

I think it's a nice ad, but I only have one complaint. They listed "antifreeze" as an ingredient. If I'm not mistaken, I believe that is not actually true?

However, I did love the side-by-side syringe comparison.
#10 of 32 Old 02-13-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post
I think it's a nice ad, but I only have one complaint. They listed "antifreeze" as an ingredient. If I'm not mistaken, I believe that is not actually true?
Some Vaccines do contain Ethylene glycol It is the main ingredient in Anti freeze.

It's in DTap, HIB and HepB

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#11 of 32 Old 02-13-2008, 12:47 PM

Actually that's not the case. I have not seen ethanol glycol listed on one single ingredients list ever. What I have seen are:

Phenoxyethanol is in DTaP, Hep A/B, Td, IPV but is not the same chemical makeup as ethanol glycol and is an organic chemical compound.

EDTA (ethylene-diamine-tetra-acetic acid) which is an amino acid...also used as a preservative in the Rabies/Varicella vaccines.

EDTA is also used in chelation therapy, dentistry, as an anticoagulant, and many other things...

wikepedia has some interesting info on it also...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EDTA

The antifreeze thing is what I consider to be an "urban myth of vaccines" and started out of a misunderstanding of the ethylene chemical compounds (specifically EDTA)....not everything ethylene is antifreeze.
#12 of 32 Old 02-13-2008, 12:58 PM

I honestly cannot understand how anyone can look at the side by side comparison and not have some twinge of terror and wonder if maybe, just maybe, the vax program may be doing more harm than good.
#13 of 32 Old 02-13-2008, 01:09 PM

Me either!!

The sheer increase in shots is staggering.
#14 of 32 Old 02-13-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attachedmamaof3 View Post
Actually that's not the case. I have not seen ethanol glycol listed on one single ingredients list ever. What I have seen are:

Phenoxyethanol is in DTaP, Hep A/B, Td, IPV but is not the same chemical makeup as ethanol glycol and is an organic chemical compound.

EDTA (ethylene-diamine-tetra-acetic acid) which is an amino acid...also used as a preservative in the Rabies/Varicella vaccines.

EDTA is also used in chelation therapy, dentistry, as an anticoagulant, and many other things...

wikepedia has some interesting info on it also...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EDTA

The antifreeze thing is what I consider to be an "urban myth of vaccines" and started out of a misunderstanding of the ethylene chemical compounds (specifically EDTA)....not everything ethylene is antifreeze.

Thank you...I should double check my sources!!

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#15 of 32 Old 02-13-2008, 01:59 PM

Hey, if it makes ya feel any better, I initially did the EXACT same thing (probably from the same sources )...and only upon researching further did I realize the error.
#16 of 32 Old 02-13-2008, 02:20 PM

I love the ad!! What would make it even better is to have one more needle with the proposed schedule for 2020. That makes you want to puke. I don’t have the link anymore but it’s A LOT of shots.
#17 of 32 Old 02-13-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
I love the ad!! What would make it even better is to have one more needle with the proposed schedule for 2020. That makes you want to puke. I don’t have the link anymore but it’s A LOT of shots.
I'd love to see that if it could be found !

#18 of 32 Old 02-13-2008, 02:51 PM

me too!

I'm gonna try to hunt it down...post a link if you find it first!
#19 of 32 Old 02-13-2008, 03:59 PM

Attachedmamaof3:
You beat me to the punch. You are correct.
Vaccines DO NOT contain antifreeze. I think it was highly irresponsible of Operation Rescue to publish that false information. Maybe I follow in Jenny McCarthy's steps and also donate to them. I will donate an Organic Chemistry text book.
#20 of 32 Old 02-13-2008, 05:25 PM

http://books.nap.edu/openbook.php?is...070295&page=58

Found it! I had to do a search on all my posts lol. I am now bookmarking this since it comes up so often.
#21 of 32 Old 02-13-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Vaccines that are supposed to safeguard their health
yet, according to our studies, can also do harm to
some children.
Awesome, where can I read those?
#22 of 32 Old 02-13-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suschi View Post
I honestly cannot understand how anyone can look at the side by side comparison and not have some twinge of terror and wonder if maybe, just maybe, the vax program may be doing more harm than good.
Cause correlation doesn't imply causation? What's that, 1 lesson in statistics? Maybe 2nd?
#23 of 32 Old 02-13-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggerwocky View Post
Awesome, where can I read those?
Are you asking for clarification on whether any children have ever been harmed by vaccines...I think you can even read that on the CDC parent pages.

#24 of 32 Old 02-14-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggerwocky View Post
Cause correlation doesn't imply causation? What's that, 1 lesson in statistics? Maybe 2nd?
So, the pain you feel after a slap in the face doesn't necessarily mean the slap caused the pain?

And the sky is not blue, it just appears to look that color.

I don't need a statistic lesson to know that a vaccine is probably the culprit when an infant screams from the time of injection up to the time of death.

Nor a lesson to know that when small amounts of poision are continuously injected or fed to someone over a period of time, that their deteriorating health is probably a direct result.

And I see a naked Emperor, while you may be commenting on his enchanting attire.

I am just thankful that I don't have to wait for an "official" answer or "permission" to make my decisions.

If the side by side comparison doesn't concern you, I am surprised, because it sickens me.
#25 of 32 Old 02-14-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suschi View Post
Someone, looking at the ad, commented how far advanced our health care has become.

This was a teacher who had never researched vaccines, knows nothing about the subject but ...

she fully vaccinates her children and believes there should be no religious or philosophical exemptions allowed for anyone in our great country. (Her words!)
#26 of 32 Old 02-14-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Well, if you are coming from the standpoint that the benefits outweigh the risks (as well as perhaps someone who sees more temporal association with many reactions and doesn't feel the causation has been sufficiently proven), then having more vaccinations wouldn't cause them fear or alarm.

There are plenty of people educated on vaccination who might just think "good to have another choice in the prevention of ____ disease." or the like

Then someone coming from a different standpoint, perhaps someone who feels the ingredients in vaccines are toxic and dangerous and the reactions have been proven enough for their threshold of causation, then that person would be very upset seeing the comparison.

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#27 of 32 Old 02-14-2008, 05:25 PM

Thank you! This was just the thing I've been hoping to find for my skeptical DH (I just emailed it to him). He wants DS2 vaccinated and I don't. He's 7 months old and so far no vaxes, but DH isn't thrilled about it. DS1 was fully vaccinated (back when I was mainstream and did whatever my doctor said to do - boy have things changed!) has eczema, food allergies, asthma, failure to thrive and had massive tonsils and adenoids removed at the age of 2.5. I can't help but think I wrecked his little immune system with those f#@*ing vaccines!! I regret it everyday...
#28 of 32 Old 02-14-2008, 05:39 PM

CanidFL, WOW. What a list. Where is the jaw dropping emoticon when you need it!?
#29 of 32 Old 02-14-2008, 06:10 PM

Thank you for that pdf file! I'm emailing that to my best friend and another girl (who specifically asked me if my DS got shots when I was on the phone with her one day), they should see this.

Circ doesn't work! Stop the violence of circumcison. Had another UP/UC/HB in August!
#30 of 32 Old 02-14-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitti View Post
Someone, looking at the ad, commented how far advanced our health care has become.

This was a teacher who had never researched vaccines, knows nothing about the subject but ...

she fully vaccinates her children and believes there should be no religious or philosophical exemptions allowed for anyone in our great country. (Her words!)
and from carriebft:

"Well, if you are coming from the standpoint that the benefits outweigh the risks (as well as perhaps someone who sees more temporal association with many reactions and doesn't feel the causation has been sufficiently proven), then having more vaccinations wouldn't cause them fear or alarm.

There are plenty of people educated on vaccination who might just think "good to have another choice in the prevention of ____ disease." or the like

Then someone coming from a different standpoint, perhaps someone who feels the ingredients in vaccines are toxic and dangerous and the reactions have been proven enough for their threshold of causation, then that person would be very upset seeing the comparison."

I used to vaccinate my children according to schedule, at least my first two that were born in 1984 and 1987. When my 3rd child was born in 1995, I was wondering why he needed even more vaccines/doses than my first two, that increase alone started my wheels turning....so it's not a huge leap to think this current side by side comparison would get other pro vax people to take a step back and really look at this program, where it has been, where it is, and where it's headed. Then again, there are those, as Gitti pointed out, will just remain in the mindset, the more the merrier. Just as there will always be people who in spite of the well publicized problems wrt antibiotic resistance, will continue to use antibacterial products in their home and will continue to demand antibiotics for their sick children.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page