HELP!!! question re: delayed MMR - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-04-2008, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I never got my ds vaxed for mmr. he's now 3yo, and i was planning to do it at this appt, but am now freaking out!!! has anyone ever heard of someone getting mmr at 3 yo, and suddenly regressing (autism).

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#2 of 6 Old 03-04-2008, 12:53 PM

If they're going to have a reaction to MMR it doesn't matter what age you give it. Delaying it is going to prevent the reaction. I'm sure others will have more info on this because I've seen it discussed a couple of times before...

Single mom of 2 boys
#3 of 6 Old 03-04-2008, 01:04 PM

"Anyone, ever" is kinda broad!

I believe there's a mom on this board whose child regressed at age 11. (but I'm not sure...also, kidspiration knows a couple as well, she'll probably chime in here soon.)

However, for most of us, autism is only part of the picture.

If you're not ready, do more research until you are. Some of us have delayed indefinately as the more we read/learn the less willing we are to vax. Others have decided on a few that they've gotten. It's not an all or nothing kind of deal.
#4 of 6 Old 03-04-2008, 04:42 PM

If your 3yo gets the MMR, chances are he will not suffer any immediate, serious adverse events. But why bother? Are you worried about any of those diseases?
#5 of 6 Old 03-04-2008, 08:59 PM

We had also delayed the MMR shot for our son, as it was the one that concerned us the most (at the time). We delayed it at his 18 month appointment, and his 2 year, and 3 year, and 4 year appointments. After much more research, neither of our children will ever get that shot (as well as any other shot for that matter).

That voice in your head that is making you "freak out".....that's your mothering instinct. Listen to it. If you are uncomfortable with your son getting the shot - don't do it. I came to the conclusion that I had more qualms with the MMR shot itself than I did with any of the diseases that it claims to prevent.
#6 of 6 Old 03-04-2008, 09:14 PM

My dd delayed all shot until age 2 but when the time came she did more research and they decided to wait a bit longer. She's continued to research and the child is now 4 and will never get any vaccines (thank heavens!).

She has another child who is 2 and also has had no vaccines and never will get any.

Funny thing is that her kids are super healthy. Healthier than any other in the many play groups and kitty classes they attend. And they've had a few infections that didn't even keep them down for longer than a day or two.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page