Assure me I am doing the right thing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-14-2008, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ds is selectively vaccinated - doesn't have MMR, Varicella, Hep B... He was just accepted at the charter school he was on a waiting list for - I hadn't expected him to get in so early, so wasn't worrying about the exemption deal. Now I am questioning myself, because CT doesn't have a philisophical exemption, and claiming a religious exemption will be a stretch. That is what I had planned on doing, but I'm so worried that it will be made a big deal, I am almost considering getting him caught up. I am a horrible liar, and can't honestly say it is my belief in God that influences my decision, as much as it is my belief in ds's natural immunity, and the possible damage that could be done by the vaccinations. Please convince me it will not be as difficult as I'm worrying about.

Erika, mama to Sawyer 6/04 joy.gifand Gracie 7/10energy.gif  :, dw Amy:

treehugger.gifsaynovax.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifRainbow.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2008, 01:05 AM

Who says religious exemption has to have anything to do with god? If your essense/spirit/being says/urges/feels not vaxing is the best thing for your child, can you get much more spiritual than that?

Don't freak out till it becomes an issue is the best advice I could give.

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

Old 05-14-2008, 01:13 AM

Just do it. Stand up for yourself. Stand up for your child.

-Angela
Old 05-14-2008, 10:12 AM

We absolutely do not believe in anything that comes from any church. And we have not given enough thought about what we actually believe in.

But one thing we know for sure: We religiously believe that an unaltered, natural immune system is the best to keep us and our kids healthy.

We use a religious exemption.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceansEve View Post
Who says religious exemption has to have anything to do with god? If your essense/spirit/being says/urges/feels not vaxing is the best thing for your child, can you get much more spiritual than that?

Don't freak out till it becomes an issue is the best advice I could give.
I agree.

I do not go to church but I have personal beliefs that are religiously opposed to vaccinating. You do not need to state your religion when getting an exemption. Don’t worry. If they make a big deal just tell them you need the law in writing. Other then that, it should be a simple sign the form and submit it.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:32 PM

"If your essense/spirit/being says/urges/feels not vaxing is the best thing for your child, can you get much more spiritual than that?"

I 100% agree with this!!! Stay strong and you will be ok. Your son will thank you later!
Old 05-18-2008, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's not as difficult as you think. however if you say he has some vax i don't know if you can state religous exemption. i think it's all or nothing, at least it is in MD.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:55 PM

I'm in Ct and DD has a religious exemption. I do not belong to any recognized religion. I belong to the Church of Dee and we at the Church of Dee are against the practice of vaccination.

Here in CT, they can not ask you to explain your religious beliefs.

BTW, make sure you are opted out of the vaccine regisrty here. It's insidious and they will be able to track whether you have had any vaccines after you claim an exemption. So far, I have not heard of this being done, but it is set up so it can be.

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
Old 05-18-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddoson View Post
It's not as difficult as you think. however if you say he has some vax i don't know if you can state religous exemption. i think it's all or nothing, at least it is in MD.
As long as you don't have any shown on the registry after the exemption is filed, it should not be a problem. You are allowed to have a religious epiphany any time you'd like.

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
Old 05-18-2008, 09:02 PM

I would just say he was totally unvaxed and file the religious that way you wont have to worry about some vax and some not causing a problem with filing. With dd that is what I did since she was mostly vaxed with ds he has 2-4m shots and I am just going to pretent they never happened when he enters school.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 05-19-2008, 11:07 AM

i live in SC and we do select and delayed vaxes. we just received a religious exemption (SC only had religious or medical exemptions). although we are christian, are reasons for not fully vaxing have absolutely NOTHING to do with our faith. we had no problem whatsoever in receiving the exemption here. they did not ask about our faith. my dh actually went for me because i was freaking out and feeling super stressed about it....but it was easy peasy. the only thing to remember is that if you do select vaxes, you cannot have a religious exemption and continue with select vaxes at all. my kids have all of the shots i want until they turn 13 - so i'm fine with it. anyway, i'm sure you won't have any issues at all in getting a religious exemption. our experience was no problem.

oh, and i agree....don't tell them your child is partially vaxed...they don't care. my dh did tell the nurses here that are kids were partially vaxed, and it was no problem at all...but if you're worried about it...don't mention it. it's none of their biz really.

homeschooling mama to DD 10 & DS 7 blogging.jpg

User Tag List