Adverse Vaccine Reactions - Who Do You Know Of That's Had Them? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-04-2003, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those of you that have experienced adverse vaccine reactions or have children, spouses, parents or siblings that have suffered them, I have made a separate post for you to respond.

For those of you that have extended family members, friends, coworkers or others that you know of that have experienced reactions or have children that have, etc., please respond on this thread. On my "mainstream" boards, I'm constantly hearing from vaxers that they don't know of ANYONE that has experienced an adverse reaction (though members on the boards DO have children that have had them). Just wondered what everyone here knows of. Hillary, I would expect your response (& some others here) to be in the form of a novel because of all the work you have done, so please don't feel any obligation to respond.

This is all that comes to mind right now.
- my friend's nephew suffered from regressive autism soon after receiving his MMR vax

- coworker's DD suffered a reaction to pertussis vax, not major

- friend's DD became sick following her 12mo vaxes. It progressed to pneumonia 4wks post-vax (of course, friend does not see any connection)

- following 6mo vaxes, friend's DD came down with a flu, pneumonia, RSV, cxpox & rotavirus (that's all I can remember). Darn, where was the rotavirus & flu vaxes when she needed them?: Of course, she won't recognize a connection.
#2 of 6 Old 10-04-2003, 10:23 AM

my dd 1 got chicken pox from the vaccine ( that was her last shot ever, 7 years ago btw)

I have known of 3 kids locally that seem to be able to tie their autism to a vaccine

Most babies I know suffer some effect- fevers , loss of good nursing for a short time
#3 of 6 Old 10-04-2003, 11:37 AM

my sister's husband was dx'ed w/ crohn's disease shortly after he received the hep b (i think) vaccine booster to work in a boys' home. sister is expecting & they will NOT be vaxing their baby against hep b.

a friend of a friend has a daughter who was perfectly normal until vaxed, again, i THINK hep b. she now suffers from mental handicaps, she's maybe 8-10 & is like a 2 yo at best.

my son only had one reaction, he was vaxed on schedule before i read so much here. he had localized swelling & redness with a fever in the injection site, i forget which vax it was.

whichever side of the vax fence you stand on, i can't see how a person could say she knows NO ONE who has reacted badly to a vax.
#4 of 6 Old 10-04-2003, 12:18 PM

I think there are many children suffering vaccine reactions whose parents have not made the connection, more than likely because the dr giving the shots declines any possible relation.

Aside from my son's reactions,

A friend of my sister's just found out that her little brother who died at the age of 9 months, passed away after a vaccine reaction when he was rushed to the hospital. This had to have happened late 50's, early 60's.

My brother's friend lost her baby after a round of vaccines.

Friends of our have a 16 yr old daughter that is brain damaged from DPT (her parents were told this type of reaction was very rare).

A co-worker of my daughter's lost their infant son after a round of vaccines.

My niece has asthma with no family history, and is sick all the time.

I think only 2 of the above situations have been positively linked to the vaccines by the medicos.

Christine
#5 of 6 Old 10-04-2003, 08:02 PM

My cousin had some seizures after getting a DTP shot for college. He has unbelievable eczema, allergies and super sensitive skin. He's been this way since he was small.

My cousin's daughter has swollen lymph nodes on her head and neck that flare up everytime she gets another vax. She's also started to display petit mal seizures, even though no one will listen to me. I know, because my sister had petit mal before they developed into grand mal seizures. I've begged her to stop vaccinating, but she's too scared of not listening to the doctors, who claim it's not the vaxes.

Two brothers who I babysat for had bad reactions to the chicken pox vax. They both have eczema, allergies, and the younger one just got diagnosed as having a really bad peanut allergy. He has to constantly be near an epi-pen, just in case he reacts.

I had two neighbors, who had children right around ds's birthday. They both were autistic by the time they were 2.5. They've both moved, but I think about them all the time. The mothers were both over 40 when they had these kids, and the doctors told them their age was the reason their children developed autism.

Most of my extended family on my mother's side is just one big allergy. They should all be living in a bubble. I don't know if it could be linked to the vaccines they received, but their immune systems are obviously damaged.

Ugh.
#6 of 6 Old 10-04-2003, 08:31 PM

Off the top of my head I can think of 3 mothers who's children were made very sick by a vax.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page