Scientologists? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 06-01-2008, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are scientologists antivaccine? I just watched I Am Legend with Will Smith and that is what made me question it. I know it's just a movie and he's playing a character so it may not make a difference. Anyway, if you haven't seen the movie I'll explain. Basically a cure for cancer is made and it is the measles mixed with some other stuff. The stuff that was injected became a virus of it's own and Killed many and the ones it didn't kill it made them become these extremely agressive monsters. I think the people would only eat other people too. Anyway, I found the movie to say if you mess with nature you just might get burned. Maybe that is just what I was seeing though. It was a great movie. I did find myself wanting to lock myself in after watching it though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 06-01-2008, 03:31 PM

Um, I'm really not sure After the Tom Cruise/ Brooke Shields incident I'm pretty aware that they don't believe in pharmaceuticals for mental issues, but I guess that's all I know.
#3 of 7 Old 06-01-2008, 04:22 PM

What did that movie have to do with Scientology?

#4 of 7 Old 06-01-2008, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
I know many Scientologists and there is no official stand on vaccines. Some vax, some do not, and others selectively vax.

Will Smith dabbles in all religions, by his own admission. I do not know if he is a Scientologist, but he is a student of all of them. He is open minded about it.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, ADEM, AFP, ASIA, CFS, GBS, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, POF, POTS, RA, SJS, SLE, SPD, TPI, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, fibromyalgia, Retts Syndrome, encephalitis, Hughes Syndrome, neurological damage, coma, or death."

~paraphrased from "Forrest Gump"~
#5 of 7 Old 06-01-2008, 06:11 PM

Just a reminder that this thread should remain focused on vaccination. If you would like to explore scientology further, discuss this movie or talk about a celebrity, please do so in the appropriate forum.
#6 of 7 Old 06-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Spy

a) I didn't see any link to scientology in the movie whatsoever.
b) I didn't see much of the antivaccine idea either. Wasn't the magic stuff in the vial that the guy died for a vaccine of sorts that supposedly saved the humanity?
c) If anything, the cannibalistic monsters who are sensitive to daylight might be a picture of antivaccine folks (of sorts, again) that would rather eat up a good scientist than receive a vaccine that would save their lives.

I did catch this 'don't mess with nature' note but, frankly, it might have been just a bit of an accidental honesty After all, the same guy who was part of creating this mess in the first place came up with a solution which, I guess, is supposed to make him a legend.
#7 of 7 Old 06-02-2008, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spy View Post
c) If anything, the cannibalistic monsters who are sensitive to daylight might be a picture of antivaccine folks (of sorts, again) that would rather eat up a good scientist than receive a vaccine that would save their lives.

I don't really see a connection to this movie and scientology but I did get a "don't mess with nature" stance.

I love the interview in the beginning when they show the doctor who cured cancer with a vaccine. Reminds me of a lot of interviews I see on CNN.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page