Hidden CDC data confirms vaccine-autism link - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-13-2008, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://usautism.org/USAAA_Newsletter...ter_061308.htm

Quote:
Washington, DC - A newly published study in the Journal of the Neurological Sciences, [1] the official journal of the World Federation of Neurology, [2] links mercury from the Thimerosal in vaccines with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders.

This study represents six years worth of effort by independent researchers to gain access to hidden US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC] data in the Vaccine Safety Datalink [VSD]. In 2003, the Government Reform Committee of the US House of Representatives asserted, "access by independent researchers to the Vaccine Safety Datalink database is needed for independent replication and validation of CDC studies regarding exposure of infants to mercury-containing vaccines and autism."

The new study, led by Dr. Heather Young, Ph.D., a professor of epidemiology at the George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services, examined the CDC-supplied medical vaccination records from the VSD of 278,624 children, born from 1990 through 1996.

The study here.
#2 of 9 Old 06-13-2008, 11:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think the analysis they did was clever, but it's an ecologic study, which is weak if you're trying to prove causation.

Also, read the acknowledgments. Problem there.
#3 of 9 Old 06-14-2008, 12:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The Geiers are listed as co-authors. That brings the credibility way down for me.

DD 01/2007, DS 09/2011

#4 of 9 Old 06-14-2008, 12:44 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexisT View Post
The Geiers are listed as co-authors. That brings the credibility way down for me.
Yeah, but they're the only people the CDC granted data access to, from what I understand.
#5 of 9 Old 06-14-2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexisT View Post
Why is that?
#6 of 9 Old 06-14-2008, 02:35 PM

The Geiers are the ones who promoted Lupron for autistic children, among other things.

I wonder why the CDC gave them access, of all people. And while they may be 2 of the few, even good data can be ruined by bad analysis.

DD 01/2007, DS 09/2011

#7 of 9 Old 06-14-2008, 08:53 PM

Hmm I was under the impression that they were doing really good things for Autism and really trying to expose the government for what they did with mercury.

Have you read Evidence of Harm? I read a lot about this data that has been kept from the public. They have been trying for 6 years now I think to get it. They had access at one point but then everything got shut down and the HMO's pulled out. There is a bit of history there.

I have no idea what Lupron is. I will have to look into. It's funny because when I saw they were co authors, I actually got excited thinking it would be a great study to look at. I haven't read it yet. No time
#8 of 9 Old 06-14-2008, 10:27 PM

Hmmmm is all I have to say
#9 of 9 Old 06-14-2008, 10:40 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
NO kidding.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page