Vaccine Study Finds Vax cause Autism in Primates - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 07-09-2008, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Interesting articles on a new vax study - perhaps this is old news to you folks, but I just received it today from my homebirth listserv.

Infant Vaccines Produce Autism Symptoms In New Primate Study By University Of Pittsburgh Scientists
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/107993.php

Infant Primates Given Vaccines On U.S. Children's Immunization Schedule Develop Biomedical And Behavioral Symptoms Of Autism
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/107994.php

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 19 Old 07-09-2008, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow. Thats pretty neat! I've never seen those studies before, thanks for posting!!
#3 of 19 Old 07-09-2008, 12:33 PM

i'd love to see the actual studies.
interesting.
#4 of 19 Old 07-09-2008, 12:38 PM

hmmm. the pro-vaccine bloggers out there are going after hewitson's credentials pretty hard. they assert conflict of interest because she's affiliated with DAN! and her partner is a contributor to age of autism, and they have a vaccine injured son who is named in the omnibus hearings.

i don't really see what that has to do with her science, but i'm still trying to find her actual science. i mean, DAN! didn't pay for the study, did they?

eta: cripes, what a can of worms.
i'm so glad i don't read the pro blogs on a regular basis. man, they're pissed!
#5 of 19 Old 07-09-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug View Post
hmmm. the pro-vaccine bloggers out there are going after hewitson's credentials pretty hard. they assert conflict of interest because she's affiliated with DAN! and her partner is a contributor to age of autism, and they have a vaccine injured son who is named in the omnibus hearings.

i don't really see what that has to do with her science, but i'm still trying to find her actual science. i mean, DAN! didn't pay for the study, did they?

eta: cripes, what a can of worms.
i'm so glad i don't read the pro blogs on a regular basis. man, they're pissed!
yep, that's par for the course for the rabid pro-vaxers. they can't dispute the science so they go for the ad hominem attack. it's pretty predictable and that's the best they can do.

meanwhile, they completely dismiss/ignore when a vaccine researcher is affiliated with a pharmaceutical company. the double standard is atrocious, really.

i wonder what they think about the julie gerberding's recent presentation to congress stating that the verstraeten study was bad? that's one of the go-to studies that provaxers cite when they say "vaccines don't cause autism". must've sent them into a tizzy!
#6 of 19 Old 07-09-2008, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

:

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011
#7 of 19 Old 07-09-2008, 11:27 PM

Is there any way to see the actual studies?

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#8 of 19 Old 07-10-2008, 10:10 AM

because the results were presented at a conference, they only have abstracts so far.

http://www.safeminds.org/research/pe...-behavior.html

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#9 of 19 Old 07-10-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidspiration View Post
i wonder what they think about the julie gerberding's recent presentation to congress stating that the verstraeten study was bad? that's one of the go-to studies that provaxers cite when they say "vaccines don't cause autism". must've sent them into a tizzy!
Hmmm? That study was like their bible. When did she say that? I would love to have that quote!
#10 of 19 Old 07-10-2008, 12:43 PM

bluets, thank you!

CanidFL, I'm curious about that, too...the Julie Gerberding presentation, I mean.

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#11 of 19 Old 07-10-2008, 02:01 PM

Here is a link to a pdf file of the report that Gerberding made on June 20th.

It is hard to believe that mainstream media didn't cover this, imo this is huge news. I won't get all tinfoil hat on y'all , but doesn't it strike anyone else as odd that this admission was hardly covered by the news outlets?

Quote:
NIEHS: The CDC's VSD data failed left out numerous mercury exposures, including flu shots, maternal immune globulin, and the environment.
Gerberding: "CDC acknowledges this concern and recognizes this limitation."
NIEHS: Why did CDC investigators eliminate 25% of the study's population even though their elimination represented "a susceptible population whose removal from the analysis might unintentionally reduce the ability to detect an effect of thimerosal" and lead to "under-ascertainment" of autism cases?
Gerberding: "CDC concurs." The VSD were "not appropriate for studying this vaccine safety topic . . . intended for administrative purposes and may not be predictive of the outcomes studied."
VSD = Vaccine Safety Datalink (which was the data set that they used in the study)
#12 of 19 Old 07-10-2008, 05:57 PM

yet, according to some of the diehards on the other end of this debate, the gerberding report means nothing, she didn't actually refute the worth of the verstraeten data, and there was nothing wrong with the study that isn't inherently wrong with all "ecological" studies, or something.

i spent a fair amount of time yesterday reading blogs i didn't want to know existed. they're all clinging tight to the party line, despite the gerberding bombshell.

anyone else read david kirby's pieces about this in huffingtonpost?
i was glad to see it covered there, at least.
#13 of 19 Old 07-10-2008, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug View Post
yet, according to some of the diehards on the other end of this debate, the gerberding report means nothing, she didn't actually refute the worth of the verstraeten data, and there was nothing wrong with the study that isn't inherently wrong with all "ecological" studies, or something.

i spent a fair amount of time yesterday reading blogs i didn't want to know existed. they're all clinging tight to the party line, despite the gerberding bombshell.

anyone else read david kirby's pieces about this in huffingtonpost?
i was glad to see it covered there, at least.
you know what they say about denial...

it's a major chink in the provaxers armor, and they hate it.

yes, it was great that david kirby covered it on huffpo and age of autism.
#14 of 19 Old 07-10-2008, 06:53 PM

Verstraeten was a retrospective cohort study, not ecologic.
#15 of 19 Old 07-10-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccohenou View Post
Verstraeten was a retrospective cohort study, not ecologic.
Right, so go tell that to the folks at epiwonk
#16 of 19 Old 10-10-2008, 11:31 AM

It's a shame that this is the first time research is done with infant primates, when vaccines has been around for so long time.
#17 of 19 Old 10-10-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoliani View Post
It's a shame that this is the first time research is done with infant primates, when vaccines has been around for so long time.
Instead they've been injecting infant primates (aka human babies) with combinations of substances of which they have no idea about the effects of.

This is what parents mean when they say that they don't want their kids to be guinea pigs. For good reason. People were getting up in arms about the animal rights aspect of these studies...meanwhile last I checked, humans are animals, too. What about the rights of all of the babies who have been hurt? Or are they just collateral damage?
#18 of 19 Old 10-10-2008, 08:26 PM

I hate primate research, I mean I really, really get worked up about it. But then again, if they can use studies like this to prevent another generation of parents never knowing what it is like to have their child hug and kiss them every ... heartbreaking all around though. Both for those primates, sacrificed because of bad science and corporate greed, and those as pp said, human primates sacrificed to the same. It shouldn't take animal testing when they've been doing it on us for decades.

I'm up in arms about both, btw. I really don't like what I see as torturing helpless creatures but I also view the majority of overly vacced children the same way.

eta: I do see why primate research is helpful to the human race in some cases, I do understand that some breakthroughs in medicine would not happen without it, I'm not arguing against it... I just really don't like it. I am selfish and given someone asking for a volunteer in a study I would prefer a primate I don't know be experimented on rather than myself or my children, but even that makes me feel like something is just "wrong"
#19 of 19 Old 10-10-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidspiration View Post
It is hard to believe that mainstream media didn't cover this, imo this is huge news. I won't get all tinfoil hat on y'all , but doesn't it strike anyone else as odd that this admission was hardly covered by the news outlets?
Doesn't surprise me at all. Think of all the ads the news gets from drug companie$. Follow the money....

Wonder what will happen when the truth eventually comes out about autism and vaxes?

Circ doesn't work! Stop the violence of circumcison. Had another UP/UC/HB in August!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page